The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

Herate followed him inside. "Is it because the shadows are darker, or just because of the confined space?"

"Darkness is strength," said Psyder, stepping into a pitch-black closed-off alcove. "We will need our strength for the fight, yes? Especially in the sun."

17 hours ago, Tesh said:

Fadran was very insistent that I joined this.

And I shall. But I will not read all 369 pages of this.

Can someone explain what's going on?

Tesh!!! I'm bad at TL;DRs so I won't give you one, but I'm glad you joined!

"Darkness is strength, hmm? For the withergeists?"

The darkness deepened... and deepened... and deepened...

Until all of a sudden, rea lity fe ll a w  a   y...

Tearing

Breaking

Decaying

The whispers of a thousand withergeists fill your mind.

Darkness

Destruction

D e a t h

An   eternity   or justamoment?

Nothingness

Nothing

Noth...

Black.thumb.jpg.082f251746a96537cfd6149271b5a548.jpg

21 hours ago, Tesh said:

*DEEP BREATH*

So we did a lot of stuff that wasn't really relevant but that led to here. It includes everyone meeting up, us escaping a universe that was not a great place, and now we're on Sel. Along the way, the important people we met are Nath and Fox (an ancient god who's lost his immortality and accidentally let out a bunch of inter dimensional demons, which is important, and Fox is his adopted daughter who is hallucinating his dead wife. I don't understand it either), Vapor and Jek (a couple, Vapor is currently held captive by Rish, a god like Nath, and is being turned into a weapon. Jek is mad at Fadran because we won't go save her), and Herate (who is kinda sorta betraying us right now). Currently, we're on Sel and are leading a revolution against Wyrn, but it's complicated because there's one of Nath's demons here and we have to work with Wyrn to try and get rid of it, which is partly why Herate joined Wyrn. Fadran and Queen are being cute, Psyder is training Herate, and most of the other characters are just around the Rebellion's camp. Nath, Fox, and one of my characters, Vale, are going to try and find the silver fox and deal with it to help us out. If that makes sense, great, if not, tell me.

Vale walked next to Nath. "How are we going to find this thing?"

@Nathrangking

46 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Psyder had been right: this was unsettling. It couldn't end fast enough for Herate.

After an agonizing aeon being chewed up by the Void, Psyder and Herate were eventually spit out back into reality.

Darkness slowly faded around them to reveal a landscape on fire.

18 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vale walked next to Nath. "How are we going to find this thing?"

@Nathrangking

Circestran (Nath's dead wife) is not a hallucination. Essentially one of her prized weapons was imprinted with a portion of her essence and that is what Fox is seeing.

A growl threatens to rise up, but I suppress it. The beast crawls from the depths of my soul to the surface. Energy pours off of me. In the distance a voice calls out to me. I don't respond to Vale right away. Instead, I grab onto his shoulder and latch onto my bond with Fox. "Hold on Daughter."   My voice takes on a slight grow. "Like this." A pillar of light swallows me and carries me toward the voice made of raw power. In an instant I appear in a blinding pillar of light on a burning landscape. I sag slightly and then I see Psyder and Herate. This time a growl escapes my throat and I make my way over to them. Wicked curved blades of light appear in my hands.

@Tesh @Scarletfox

Circestran gasps as she senses something change in Nath. 

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

A growl threatens to rise up, but I suppress it. The beast crawls from the depths of my soul to the surface. Energy pours off of me. In the distance a voice calls out to me. I don't respond to Vale right away. Instead, I grab onto his shoulder and latch onto my bond with Fox. "Hold on Daughter."   My voice takes on a slight grow. "Like this." A pillar of light swallows me and carries me toward the voice made of raw power. In an instant I appear in a blinding pillar of light on a burning landscape. I sag slightly and then I see Psyder and Herate. This time a growl escapes my throat and I make my way over to them. Wicked curved blades of light appear in my hands.

@Tesh @Scarletfox

Herate notices a blazing pillar of light, bright enough to spot her vision. "What..." Then she saw Nath and his light swords. "Nath?"

Edited by Condensation

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

@Tesh @Scarletfox

"Do you think we should... follow him?" @Scarletfox

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Herate notices a blazing pillar of light, bright enough to spot her vision. "What..." Then she saw Nath and his light swords. "Nath?"

Psyder ignored Nath.

Around the group, more Myrkaal began to pop into existence in blips of shadow. One waved at Psyder.

"Sorry we're late," he called. "There was a barrier around the castle that we had to destroy."

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Psyder ignored Nath.

Around the group, more Myrkaal began to pop into existence in blips of shadow. One waved at Psyder.

"Sorry we're late," he called. "There was a barrier around the castle that we had to destroy."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Herate glanced at the other Myrkaal, clearly torn. But she focused on Nath. "Nath, are you all right?"

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Come, Herate," called Psyder, as the Myrkaal began to move. "The fight is beginning."

The beast emerges in full. Lust for violence appears in my eyes. I easily keep pace with Psyder and his gang of fools. In silence I call waves of light about me. Beneath my feet the earth turns to ice. Thunderheads crash above us and winds begin to sing a violent song.

Quick sorta-retcon: the fox is on the other side of the world, where it's the middle of the night.

The Myrkaal approached the silver fox- some on foot, some in the air, some flying in with various constructs.

The fox responded with a roar, sending a wall of fire roaring towards the attackers. The Myrkaal paused as the wave rolled towards them - moving out of the way, constructing shields, or just taking the blast as they deemed fit.

"It has three attacks," calls Psyder. "This is its first. Careful with the fire- it is much harder to extinguish than the average variety."