The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

"I... I..." Fox fumbled as she as Vale left her to chase Nath. What was she supposed to do, what did Nath mean by 'Hold on'? She fully trusted him, but... what if he meant something else? What if he was in trouble? Oh what should she do...

Quick clarification: my character's name used to be 'the Fox', but is now just 'Fox'. At this point in the story, the fox is the villainous strange character thing, who is a completely separate entity from Fox. So there's Fox, and the fox. Just wanted to make that clear. (I was confusing myself, so I assume some others were confused as well :P)

20 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The screams of the Myrkaal filled the air as Nath's thermal attacks struck home. Many had ways of escaping- ways to dodge or defend against the ground boiling beneath them - but not all. Many a former resistance member died in agony, their newfound powers not enough to protect them against two otherworldly threats at once.

The fox roared its defiance as its attackers retreated. Free of the multitude of tiny annoyances it had been forced to deal with, it focused its attention once more on its true enemy. With a deafening roar, it prepared another silver beam of destruction.

Psyder moved, his construct lending him superhuman speed. His shadow followed him as he ran, warping space in a protective bubble around him. His eyes, now pure black, stared down the arrogant demigod. Daggers appeared in his hands; one normal, one mordite. He could have used the extra edge that mordite brought on a second dagger, but you dealt with what you had. 

With blinding speed, he hurled a dagger at Nath. Most likely a futile gesture, but he needed to size up the situation. Would this fight be impossible, or merely inordinately difficult?

@Nathrangking

My grin does not break as I watch Pyder throw a pathetic little dagger my way. I wait still as the dagger flies. At the very moment that the blade would have run me through I vanish in a blur. The blade strikes empty air as I stand feet away. Heat flees from around the knife and it shatters in an explosion of metal shards. Rage continues to flow through me. When I speak the winds take my words to the Fox alone. "Fool. If you wish to be enslaved or killed so be it. When you are taken remember that I gave you a chance to live free from the slavers of this realm." 

16 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

"I... I..." Fox fumbled as she as Vale left her to chase Nath. What was she supposed to do, what did Nath mean by 'Hold on'? She fully trusted him, but... what if he meant something else? What if he was in trouble? Oh what should she do...

Cercestran walks up beside Fox. "Nath's temper has always gotten the better of him. You could join him if you wish. I suspect that he traveled on a beam of light. He would have left a way for you to follow. Wherever he is trouble likely follows." Circestran begins to glow. Dangerously curved daggers that seem to part reality appear in her hands. Her wings spread out.

Ayia aimlessly wandered the camp, doing her best to stay her old self as the soldiers each took their turn to stare. She'd give winks, smirks, and the occasional blush depending on who was doing what. They were all rote at this point: reactions she'd memorized from her youth. They went without thought or consciousness, used to keep the men away from her. She'd once tried showing how she actually felt; that had backfired. Now, she just went about pretending all was well.

It took her a second to think about what she should be doing. Assembling a strike force to take some mountain outposts? Fadran had asked her to do that.

Right. Fadran was here. She put on an actual smile.

Ayia made her way into the command tent, only to find him gone. She looked around, then picked up a note.

Don't worry; I wasn't captured or disintegrated.

Gone into the woods with Queen -_-. Will be back when I'm done venting.

Don't die!

~ Fadran

Ayia sighed, putting down the note. Perfect. He was out with the top hat lady.

With Fadran unavailable, she decided to go looking for the next best person: the kid she had accidentally spilled her guts to.

"Hey, Andante!" Ayia shouted. "Where you at, kid?"

@Condensation

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

My grin does not break as I watch Pyder throw a pathetic little dagger my way. I wait still as the dagger flies. At the very moment that the blade would have run me through I vanish in a blur. The blade strikes empty air as I stand feet away. Heat flees from around the knife and it shatters in an explosion of metal shards. Rage continues to flow through me. When I speak the winds take my words to the Fox alone. "Fool. If you wish to be enslaved or killed so be it. When you are taken remember that I gave you a chance to live free from the slavers of this realm." 

"Better to die than to be jailed again!" roars the Fox, releasing its beam of light-fire at Nath.

-

Hard, then, thought Psyder. Very well. He stepped into shadow, whispering a few words to a certain subset of his army while his mind flipped through potential options.

At last, he decided. Risky, he thought, but potentially rewarding. 

With bold strides, he ran directly at Nath. Another dagger reappeared in his hand as he ran, its edge humming as it cut the air. 

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Better to die than to be jailed again!" roars the Fox, releasing its beam of light-fire at Nath.

-

Hard, then, thought Psyder. Very well. He stepped into shadow, whispering a few words to a certain subset of his army while his mind flipped through potential options.

At last, he decided. Risky, he thought, but potentially rewarding. 

With bold strides, he ran directly at Nath. Another dagger reappeared in his hand as he ran, its edge humming as it cut the air. 

The fools want to play, very well. Sensing the attack from behind and seeing the attack before me I summon supernatural speed leap into the air and ascend on mighty gusts of wind. Magnificent forks of lightning crash into the Fox and Psyder at the same time. Light shatters and bends around me. I vanish from sight. Icy storm winds howl as a predator seeking flesh and race across the land.