The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Speaking of which, sorry I still haven’t gotten around to responding yet. I’ll try and write something up soon.

Don't worry. I'm doing my Alleyverse character for 3 days, because I don't have idea for backstory at all:ph34r:

Tazeroth and I fall through space, time, and memory to realm unlike anything that I have ever seen. All around crystal statues glow and speak ancient words that resonate through my soul. A strange power permeates it. It is so familiar and yet so unfamiliar it defies even my ability to put into accurate words. My limbs are frozen and I curse in ancient Sumerian again. "Baalhan you father of war answer me" The air ripples with power as I try to reach through this reality to the god of war. The air fizzles and crackles as assaults of sound fly forth. A single booming voice roars out over the din. "Nathrangking what is this?" Reality seems to bend as some force tries to create a gate between the realms. A humanoid figure with the torso of a man, the head of a dragon, The wings of a Gryphon, and the lower body of bear bursts forth. He wears a full suit of armor from the neck down that radiates raw power. Across his back he wears a quiver and massive longbow of enchanted wood and metal. He also carries a nine foot long great sword. "Why have you called me to this place. There is something wrong about this realm."       

@xinoehp512

23 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran, very confused, sits down and waits for something fathomable to happen.

Salad is correct. My messages are taking place. 1st part was in a mindscape in my mind with the Island. 2nd part has our minds transported in part elsewhere.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:07 PM, Nathrangking said:

My avatar cocks an eyebrow. I thought for sure that you were a survivor of the Eldritch purges. There were stories of an Eldritch Island as you saw. The tale of a reincarnated deity keeps many searching. I never searched now though I think the stories are true. Terananeis Misornis lachire nesremnu. A wave of magic weaves around us. This spell open for a short time the threads of time.If you are what you believe then the threads will reflect this. If you are not all is well Long lived beings are honorbound to stand by one another. I pledge by my immortality my aid should you require it. The air shifts and the whole of Tazeroth's history takes shape. Time unfolds revealing areas in the distant past shrouded in shadow. Odd even years you don't remember should be revealed. I reach out toward those shadows and we are instantly transported away from the mindscape to a strange place.

The connection between Nath and the island flickers, growing brighter and brighter as he pulls harder on her spirit.

[Careful,] Tazeroth warns.

And then a new flood of memories arrives. Memories from before her birth. Memories contained only within the spren that lies within her gemheart. A spren that once guided a massive and powerful storm, one of several that circled the globe, bringing life and energy to beings of all kinds. Until- at last- it had given its energy to become her. 

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Tazeroth and I fall through space, time, and memory to realm unlike anything that I have ever seen. All around crystal statues glow and speak ancient words that resonate through my soul. A strange power permeates it. It is so familiar and yet so unfamiliar it defies even my ability to put into accurate words. My limbs are frozen and I curse in ancient Sumerian again. "Baalhan you father of war answer me" The air ripples with power as I try to reach through this reality to the god of war. The air fizzles and crackles as assaults of sound fly forth. A single booming voice roars out over the din. "Nathrangking what is this?" Reality seems to bend as some force tries to create a gate between the realms. A humanoid figure with the torso of a man, the head of a dragon, The wings of a Gryphon, and the lower body of bear bursts forth. He wears a full suit of armor from the neck down that radiates raw power. Across his back he wears a quiver and massive longbow of enchanted wood and metal. He also carries a nine foot long great sword. "Why have you called me to this place. There is something wrong about this realm."       

@xinoehp512

Deep, dark, laughter echoes throughout the mental space, punctuated with distorted giggles and the sound of hundreds of birds flapping. Whatever it is, Tazeroth seems afraid of it.

[You've drawn their attention,] she whispers. [Please stay quiet. If we're lucky they won't give us a second thought.]

On 6/21/2020 at 0:17 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

But you are no lesser than any other creature, correct? Fadran thought.

No lesser indeed. Icona responded.

Fadran jumped. Icona?

Yes, I'm back. You're no longer in Ivinan's Past.

[No,] says Tazeroth grimly. [There are beings, much, much more powerful than me.]

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene smiled at her surroundings. “You have a nice house.” @xinoehp512 

"I don't usually stay here long enough to get it dirty," says Rekaerb, sitting down and inviting @AonEne & @The_Truthwatcher to do the same. "It's mostly for guests, such as yourself."

23 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I don't usually stay here long enough to get it dirty," says Rekaerb. "It's mostly for guests, such as yourself." 

Ene sits. “Well, thank you. Is everyone okay?” 

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The connection between Nath and the island flickers, growing brighter and brighter as he pulls harder on her spirit.

[Careful,] Tazeroth warns.

And then a new flood of memories arrives. Memories from before her birth. Memories contained only within the spren that lies within her gemheart. A spren that once guided a massive and powerful storm, one of several that circled the globe, bringing life and energy to beings of all kinds. Until- at last- it had given its energy to become her. 

Deep, dark, laughter echoes throughout the mental space, punctuated with distorted giggles and the sound of hundreds of birds flapping. Whatever it is, Tazeroth seems afraid of it.

[You've drawn their attention,] she whispers. [Please stay quiet. If we're lucky they won't give us a second thought.]

[No,] says Tazeroth grimly. [There are beings, much, much more powerful than me.]

"I don't usually stay here long enough to get it dirty," says Rekaerb, sitting down and inviting @AonEne & @The_Truthwatcher to do the same. "It's mostly for guests, such as yourself."

I turn my head toward Tazeroth. "What is it that you fear? We should be safe in this mindscape." I turn my head back toward Baalhan. "I called you because of the growing void that I felt in the reality which I had traveled to. Seromne odirere wrwras." In a flash of power Baalhan learns of all that has transpired. "This is why I called you.

Baalhan chuckles. "What problems you get yourself into. For eons you have always needed me to save you. Maybe once you can return the favor. Ashchak Toruk. That should free both of you from your obvious struggles."

Strength floods me and frees me from invisible chains that hold me in place. "I turn back toward Tazeroth. "Where are my manners? Tazeroth, behold Baalhan the embodiment of war, tactics and slaughter."

Baalhan is a character that I made for another RP on the shard that is on hiatus.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Thank you", Truth says, sitting down. 

Can someone give me a condensed version of what is going around me? Sorry for being inactive.

12 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Where am I?

Still with Tazeroth, I presume...

[I see that you tell the truth,] said Tazeroth to the group. [You will be free to go shortly.]

@Channelknight Fadran @Spren of Kindness

[Now,] she said to the Anarchist, [how would you like to take down a corrupt ruling organization?]

@Vapor @Gears

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Ene sits. “Well, thank you. Is everyone okay?” 

Rekaerb shrugged. "Last time I checked, yes. There's some nasties, but they shouldn't be a problem where they are."

13 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Can someone give me a condensed version of what is going around me? Sorry for being inactive.

Not a whole lot has gone on where you are, don't worry.

16 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I turn my head toward Tazeroth. "What is it that you fear? We should be safe in this mindscape." I turn my head back toward Baalhan. "I called you because of the growing void that I felt in the reality which I had traveled to. Seromne odirere wrwras." In a flash of power Baalhan learns of all that has transpired. "This is why I called you.

Baalhan chuckles. "What problems you get yourself into. For eons you have always needed me to save you. Maybe once you can return the favor. Ashchak Toruk. That should free both of you from your obvious struggles."

Strength floods me and frees me from invisible chains that hold me in place. "I turn back toward Tazeroth. "Where are my manners? Tazeroth, behold Baalhan the embodiment of war, tactics and slaughter."

[The archcroven can destroy us in reality, if he so chooses,] hissed Tazeroth. [And he will, if we draw his attention!]

She made a pulse of recognition to Baalhan, along with the same warning.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

[I see that you tell the truth,] said Tazeroth to the group. [You will be free to go shortly.]

@Channelknight Fadran @Spren of Kindness

[Now,] she said to the Anarchist, [how would you like to take down a corrupt ruling organization?]

@Vapor @Gears

Rekaerb shrugged. "Last time I checked, yes. There's some nasties, but they shouldn't be a problem where they are."

[The archcroven can destroy us in reality, if he so chooses,] hissed Tazeroth. [And he will, if we draw his attention!]

She made a pulse of recognition to Baalhan, along with the same warning.

I reach deep inside myself and pull mysel back into my mind-scape. Baalhan and Tazeroth appear beside us. "As I said I will aid you should you require it."

I withdraw into the real world. Baalhan appears with me. 

I'm game for an adventure.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran cuts a Parallarity Gate to southern Feylore.

"There's a tunnel to another Universe around here," he says, walking through the Gate, "we can have an adventure wherever we want!"

@Nathrangking

All of a sudden, the gate snaps shut.

[Sorry,] says the island apologetically. [I can't allow spacial transfer into or out of the inner sanctum.]

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

All of a sudden, the gate snaps shut.

[Sorry,] says the island apologetically. [I can't allow spacial transfer into or out of the inner sanctum.]

I'm sorry, but did you just ninja me? :ph34r:??

Here's them rules:

2. Don't say no.

"Croven? What's croven?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Fair, I suppose. But it's already established that Tazeroth has both the motivation to control access (what if, say, a withergeist had been on the other side of that gate? That would have been it for her) and the power to do so (To clarify, she can split or distort connections- including connections/portals between worlds). 
Besides, I'm not denying you the opportunity to leave, merely... redefining your opportunity. :ph34r:

[Birds,] said Tazeroth. [Shadow-kin. Fairly weak on their own, but dangerous in groups.] An image flashed across her connections- a black bird, ordinary-looking except for the distinct look of malevolence in the eyes. More images flashed, showing them descending in flocks on islands, spitting droplets of a strange black liquid.
[Usually they only go after small islands, since those are the only ones they can actually take down.] continued the island. [At least, the common kind. The archroven are a different story, but- luckily- we aren't dealing with those.]

Edited by xinoehp512