The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I gaze in Jeffery's direction as calmly as I can. I swallow my pain though the winds holding me up start to weaken. "There is no magic or mind trickery. She has learned to tap into the lost parts of the soul. Rish uses truths to find the needs of others to protect, to guard, to be the hero. She uses that against her enemies. She will not physically harm your daughter. No magic is in play only truths. Storming her mindscape to rescue Vapor is doomed to fail. You want to save your daughter. Don't force Rish to do something drastic. Right now that is the best way to keep her safe."

"Then what do we do now? Do we just keep going?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

We keep getting interrupted, realizing that there is a huge problem that we need to fix, realizing that there's nothing we can do about it immediately, and then just continuing in the same way as before.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

We keep getting interrupted, realizing that there is a huge problem that we need to fix, realizing that there's nothing we can do about it immediately, and then just continuing in the same way as before.

That we do. Can people stop introducing unstoppable antagonists before we get to Enter's base?

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

That we do. Can people stop introducing unstoppable antagonists before we get to Enter's base?

I have done all of my introducing. Now we play out what we have.

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We continue on. If we want to draw her out direct confrontation we have to take that which she values. She always had an ego. When we come upon temples built to death or discover those who worship it we remove them from the board. We burn the temples to the ground and scatter her followers. This will frustrate her and make her likely to make a mistake."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"We continue on. If we want to draw her out direct confrontation we have to take that which she values. She always had an ego. When we come upon temples built to death or discover those who worship it we remove them from the board. We burn the temples to the ground and scatter her followers. This will frustrate her and make her likely to make a mistake."

"Sounds like a plan. Let's get on our way."

@Enter a username

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

James begins to back away slowly.

"Rish didn't tell you anything about these?" he whispered.

@Vapor

"No danger?" says Jeffery pointedly. "You just said that she could manipulate and control Vapor. Every second we leave her in there is another second that Rish can use whatever mind trickery it is she has on my daughter!"

@Nathrangking

"Uh... not really," Vapor says quietly, blushing. "I should have asked more about them."

22 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

The figure raises an eyebrow in amusement though it does not reach her lips. "Why child, how could I call the knife anything, but what it is? I am Circestran also called Kishuphra firstborn of sorcery and magics. My husband gifted me that blade and it's sister on the eve of battle not a fortnight ago. I would have it back." She hold out her open palm. Scarlet magic arcs between her fingers.

"You're husband... Nath?" Fox asked, before adding in an authoritative voice, "He gave this knife to me, it's mine." Her fearless composure was slightly betrayed by the white knuckles that gripped the knife. 

Sorry it took me so long!

7 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:
"You're husband... Nath?" Fox asked, before adding in an authoritative voice, "He gave this knife to me, it's mine." Her fearless composure was slightly betrayed by the white knuckles that gripped the knife. 

For a moment Circestran does not react at all. "Tell me child, are you truly brave? Do you believe your own words? You hold tightly to the blade as though you believe that it will take flight. Does guilt make you fear losing it? My love would not have forged blades for another. I ask you for the last time, give me the knife." A hard razor edge forms in her voice. She takes a step forward. Her scarlet aura flares.

10 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Sorry it took me so long!

Np!

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Uh... not really," Vapor says quietly, blushing. "I should have asked more about them."

The spirits fade away melancholy carved into their faces. The roar from before returns. Several emaciated monsters race down the hall. They are a blur of speed. No features can be clearly seen. Their cries ring out deafeningly. 

Just now, Nathrangking said:

For a moment Circestran does not react at all. "Tell me child, are you truly brave? Do you believe your own words? You hold tightly to the blade as though you believe that it will take flight. Does guilt make you fear losing it? My love would not have forged blades for another. I ask you for the last time, give me the knife." A hard razor edge forms in her voice. She takes a step forward. Her scarlet aura flares.

The spirits fade away melancholy carved into their faces. The roar from before returns. Several emaciated monsters race down the hall. They are a blur of speed. No features can be clearly seen. Their cries ring out deafeningly. 

Vapor stares, worried, at the monsters, then realizes what she is doing. "Run," she says, turning and breaking into a sprint.

7 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"No! For all I know you're just a figment of my imagination! You could literally be anyone, and-and Nath said that I could keep the knife!" Fox felt desperation entering her voice. Gah! She was just too tired to keep from falling into beginner errors all over again, she knew better than this.

Edited by Scarletfox

2 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor stares, worried, at the monsters, then realizes what she is doing. "Run," she says, turning and breaking into a sprint.

From behind Vapor shrieks can be heard filling the air. Before her appear giant bears whose bodies fill the hall. Amethyst light fills their eyes. The musk of destruction oozes off of their pelts. Bubbling venom drips from exposed fangs. The hall rattles as they stalk forward.

Proceed. You can call on Mita if you wish to do so.

Just now, Scarletfox said:

"No! For all I know you're just a figment of my imagination! You could literally be anyone, and-and Nath said that I could keep the knives!" Fox felt desperation entering her voice. Gah! She was just too tired to keep from falling into beginner errors all over again, she knew better than this.

Her aura grows and her armor starts to shimmer. "Why dear child would he do a thing like that? What would compel him to give you a blade cast of a metal sought after by gods and kings?. She speaks now more to herself than Fox. "Why would he betray our love with lies? No it cannot be so. She lies." "How would you like to die? Minscape deaths can be so painful." As she says this she frowns and her mask cracks.

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Her aura grows and her armor starts to shimmer. "Why dear child would he do a thing like that? What would compel him to give you a blade cast of a metal sought after by gods and kings?. She speaks now more to herself than Fox. "Why would he betray our love with lies? No it cannot be so. She lies." "How would you like to die? Minscape deaths can be so painful." As she says this she frowns and her mask cracks.

Fox lifted her knife, her legs moving into instinctual defensive positions, though her fingers were trembling. "If anyone is to die, it will not be me!" Did Fox literally just challenge a strange magical being in a strange place with only two knives? Yes, yes she did. She was so dead.

14 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I gaze in Jeffery's direction as calmly as I can. I swallow my pain though the winds holding me up start to weaken. "There is no magic or mind trickery. She has learned to tap into the lost parts of the soul. Rish uses truths to find the needs of others to protect, to guard, to be the hero. She uses that against her enemies. She will not physically harm your daughter. No magic is in play only truths. Storming her mindscape to rescue Vapor is doomed to fail. You want to save your daughter. Don't force Rish to do something drastic. Right now that is the best way to keep her safe."

"Oh, so now you're backtracking?" challenged Jeffery. "You seemed pretty concerned about the possibility that Vapor would attack her friends and family at the whims of this death lady, and now its suddenly not a concern? Well, I-"

"Sir," interrupted Decrin calmly, "no disrespect, but one should always be careful with one's tone."

Jeffery gave him a dark glance, but it bounced off the Ashborn like he was made from rubber. After a few moments, he exhaled.

"I'm not worried about Rish physically harming her," said Jeffery. "Even if I thought she was lying about what she said- and I half do - Vapor still has the talisman I gave her. Any physical harm inflicted on her will heal within minutes." He took a breath. "Different people may have different ideas of what harm entails, but I say that anything that could change someone as thoroughly as you claim would be exceedingly harmful. Do you disagree?"

@Nathrangking

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

"Maybe they just aren't important?" said James hopefully, his voice turning up at the end of each phrase. "I mean, you don't think she intends to see you get hurt, do you? Surely she'd tell you if there was something you needed to worry about?"

26 minutes ago, Vapor said:

James gasps and follows her.

"Did Rish tell you anything about those?" he says, shooting a nervous look over his shoulder.

@Vapor

Edited by xinoehp512

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

1"Oh, so now you're backtracking?" challenged Jeffery. "You seemed pretty concerned about the possibility that Vapor would attack her friends and family at the whims of this death lady, and now its suddenly not a concern? Well, I-"

"Sir," interrupted Decrin calmly, "no disrespect, but one should always be careful with one's tone."

Jeffery gave him a dark glance, but it bounced off the Ashborn like he was made from rubber. After a few moments, he exhaled.

"I'm not worried about Rish physically harming her," said Jeffery. "Even if I thought she was lying about what she said- and I half do - Vapor still has the talisman I gave her. Any physical harm inflicted on her will heal within minutes." He took a breath. "Different people may have different ideas of what harm entails, but I say that anything that could change someone as thoroughly as you claim would be exceedingly harmful. Do you disagree?"

@Nathrangking

"Maybe they just aren't important?" said James hopefully, his voice turning up at the end of each phrase. "I mean, you don't think she intends to see you get hurt, do you? Surely she'd tell you if there was something you needed to worry about?"

James gasps and follows her.

"Did Rish tell you anything about those?" he says, shooting a nervous look over his shoulder.

@Vapor

"These are the hungry things. Yes, I heard about them, but I didn't know they stayed in packs!"

19 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox lifted her knife, her legs moving into instinctual defensive positions, though her fingers were trembling. "If anyone is to die, it will not be me!" Did Fox literally just challenge a strange magical being in a strange place with only two knives? Yes, yes she did. She was so dead.

"Death is not so bad. My niece will take you into the embrace of her sleep. I know what it is to feel scared of loss. Once you accept it you will just slip into peace." Her mask continues to slip as strange words pour from her lips. "Where is he? What did you do to my husband?" Two swords of ebony bone appear in her hands. All semblance of calm is gone.

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh, so now you're backtracking?" challenged Jeffery. "You seemed pretty concerned about the possibility that Vapor would attack her friends and family at the whims of this death lady, and now its suddenly not a concern? Well, I-"

@Nathrangking

I meet Jeffery's eyes calmly. The winds dimish further as I begin to descend. My powers struggle to keep me aloft as I speak. "I do not disagree with you. Do you think that I want anything at all to happen to her? If it were so simple to just take her back do you honestly think that I would hesitate? I am concerned that she will attack us. If we can force Rish to act quickly and without her usual guile then Vapor may yet have a chance. Rish is no fool. We will have a single chance at her. No more. If we attempt to free Vapor and fail then I assure you of this by my lost immortality both Vapor and this Fellowship will be decimated by Rish. That is of course if we are lucky. Playing into her hand and attacking her realm is going to get your daughter killed. Rish will unlikely have started to play on Vapor's mind until she has tested her metal. If we follow a strategy we can likely insure minimal to no harm to your daughter. I feared an attack that I knew was coming alone in this state I cannot carry out my plan. Together we may have a chance."

5 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"These are the hungry things. Yes, I heard about them, but I didn't know they stayed in packs!"

The bears stalk forward blocking the hall forward. The roars from behind draw near.

Edited by Nathrangking

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Death is not so bad. My niece will take you into the embrace of her sleep. I know what it is to feel scared of loss. Once you accept it you will just slip into peace." Her mask continues to slip as strange words pour from her lips. "Where is he? What did you do to my husband?" Two swords of ebony bone appear in her hands. All semblance of calm is gone.

I meet Jeffery's eyes calmly. The winds dimish further as I begin to descend. My powers struggle to keep me aloft as I speak. "I do not disagree with you. Do you think that I want anything at all to happen to her? If it were so simple to just take her back do you honestly think that I would hesitate? I am concerned that she will attack us. If we can force Rish to act quickly and without her usual guile then Vapor may yet have a chance. Rish is no fool. We will have a single chance at her. No more. If we attempt to free Vapor and fail then I assure you of this by my lost immortality both Vapor and this Fellowship will be decimated by Rish. That is of course if we are lucky. Playing into her hand and attacking her realm is going to get your daughter killed. Rish will unlikely have started to play on Vapor's mind until she has tested her metal. If we follow a strategy we can likely insure minimal to no harm to your daughter. I feared an attack that I knew was coming alone in this state I cannot carry out my plan. Together we may have a chance."

The bears stalk forward blocking the hall forward. The roars from behind draw near.

I just feel sorry for Herate.

Herial is standing with her hands on her hips, waiting for Nath to come down.

40 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

From behind Vapor shrieks can be heard filling the air. Before her appear giant bears whose bodies fill the hall. Amethyst light fills their eyes. The musk of destruction oozes off of their pelts. Bubbling venom drips from exposed fangs. The hall rattles as they stalk forward

I don't know exactly what's happening in the mindscapes so this post may be retconned shortly

Patch ran down the hall towards the sounds, taking out one of his guns and a long knife

38 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"I told you," said Jeffery. "I'm not planning an assault." But his voice had lost its accusatory tone, and his posture had relaxed slightly. 

-

"So," remarked Decrin. "What is this plan you speak of?"

@Nathrangking

32 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor's voice grows quiet, and she sighs. "Fine," she says softly. "Uh, Mita? I kinda did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do."

"Mita?" says James. "Who is that?"

@Vapor

Edited by xinoehp512

7 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor's voice grows quiet, and she sighs. "Fine," she says softly. "Uh, Mita? I kinda did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do."

You could have tried to fight them off if you wanted to.

A burst of amethyst fire erupts from the ground and forms a circle. Walls of heat rise up and from the flames Mita appears. "You should have listened to my warning." A barbed burning whip appears in Mita's hands. He raises it above his head and flicks it at the first emaciated monster as it leaps. The creature begins to howl in agony as it drops. As though they have lives of their own the flames consume the creature and leap upon the rest of the pack  they flee down the hall. Smoke fills the hall with thick plumes. Two of the bears whom the flames are holding at bay launch themselves at Vapor as Mita turns toward them. Mita takes a mighty leap and pushes Vapor out of the way. The monsters crash into him and he disappears beneath them.

7 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Patch ran down the hall towards the sounds, taking out one of his guns and a long knife

The spirits of the young women appear before Patch. "Stay. Join us in slumber. Don't leave us alone." Their melancholy fills the air. Their voices are pleading. "You have fought well. You need not know destruction any more."

"Direct or not an assault on her will fail." I allow sympathy to enter my voice as my winds fail. My body falls several feet to the ground and I lay still groaning.

@xinoehp512 @Condensation

Edited by Nathrangking

Just now, Nathrangking said:

The spirits of the young women appear before Patch. "Stay. Join us in slumber. Don't leave us alone." Their melancholy fills the air. Their voices are pleading. "You have fought well. You need not know destruction any more."

"I'm afraid destruction is all I'm meant for. Out of my way, I have a directive to protect the girl."