The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Any Utah YSAs going to the all-day conference on the 19th? Brandon Sanderson himself is one of the speakers.

Any chance I'll be able to find that talk even if I can't attend? Online option, youtube, etc? 

I just love Brandon Sanderson talks/speeches.

6 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

Any chance I'll be able to find that talk even if I can't attend? Online option, youtube, etc? 

I just love Brandon Sanderson talks/speeches.

No idea, sorry.

2 hours ago, Slowswift said:

I'll probably be there!

Nice! Me too, idk if a meetup or anything would be a potential thing, but if you (or anyone else who might be going) see a girl with curly brown and purple hair and gold glasses, it's probably me so feel free to say hi!

Edited by DramaQueen

3 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Working at the temple is one of the best experiences ever.

If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend it. :D

Oh, definitely!  I was out in Pennsylvania when the Philadelphia temple opened, and I got called to work there.  I helped with everything from ordinance work to the front desk for about six months, until I had to ask to be released because I was moving away, and it was an amazing experience!

On 8/10/2023 at 4:15 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

I don’t know if this has already been put on here, but I figured I’d put it on anyway just in case.

IMG_8303.jpeg

My bishop would understand this reference cuz he read Stormlight.

It brought me much joy when I found out he was reading it.

Today we sent my brother off on his  mission, so, anyone in the Everett Washington mission watch out for an Elder Beck! He’ll arrive in a couple weeks after he completes in person MTC. (And anyone in the California Roseville mission look for the other Elder Beck.)

5 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Today we sent my brother off on his  mission, so, anyone in the Everett Washington mission watch out for an Elder Beck! He’ll arrive in a couple weeks after he completes in person MTC. (And anyone in the California Roseville mission look for the other Elder Beck.)

eyy, I got some family up there. Whenever I visit them, I'll make sure to ask them if they know him.

4 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

The leader dude when I went to FSY was a Sanderfan, and I got a photo doing the bridge 4 salute with him. But your dad? The only older person in my family that reads Sanderson is my uncle, and he's not related to me by blood.

one of the people in my student council has bridgeleader on his StuCo jacket. the other side is the Bridge 4 patch

6 hours ago, Lightweaver2 said:

5 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

No way! My other brother just got back from the Washngton Everett mission!

That’s the mission in my area :0 Wit, if you don’t mind, what’s your brother’s name? You can PM if you’d rather. Or it’s fine if you’d just rather not.

And I’ll definitely keep an eye out for Elder Beck!

Edited by Matrim's Dice

9 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

one of the people in my student council has bridgeleader on his StuCo jacket. the other side is the Bridge 4 patch

There’s also someone at our school who has the bridge 4 glyph on his arm, i don’t think it’s a tatoo but it’s been there for a long time.