The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

On 5/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, Slowswift said:

From our ward's FHE activity last night. I think this might be the most beautiful temple I've yet seen.

sstemple_east.thumb.jpeg.ebfffd9994a3499cb0fb931eaba66a82.jpeg

sstemple_west.thumb.jpeg.b0f0ad53ffcd9d5eea03f049e060b941.jpeg

I love the Saratoga Springs temple. I'm also surprised y'all live so close to me. ;)

26 minutes ago, solarcat said:

what's it with all the LDS scandal news? 

It's just politics.  It turns out that a long history of living prudently and operating within your means, plus several decades of compounded investment gains, can add up to a lot of money, and people looking to make trouble for the Church are pointing to that money and saying "they must be doing something wrong; why aren't they spending it on [thing I think is more important than what the Church is doing]?!?"

12 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Got my mission call!!! Going to Mexico Mexico City Southeast!!

I know this is what the Lord wants for me and I can't wait to serve.:wub:

Congrats that's great news! My brother just sent in his papers. On another note Elder David A. Bednar came to speak to the youth here 2 weeks ago and it was great!

13 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Got my mission call!!! Going to Mexico Mexico City Southeast!!

I know this is what the Lord wants for me and I can't wait to serve.:wub:

Ayo that’s so cool! Congrats! I’m hoping to put in my papers by the end of June. Definitely exciting. 

Edited by Lord Gregorio

Three guys in my stake got their mission calls yesterday.

Canada Montreal Mission (idr what language but not English), Lubbock Texas Mission Spanish speaking, and Philippines Olongapo Mission Tagalog speaking.

The guy going to Texas is one of my absolute best friends of all time and he's gonna be such an amazing missionary.

Also, before he opened his call and was taking guesses, my guess was that he wouldn't go to Texas, and that's as specific as I got with my guess. I had no idea where he would go, but I was certain it wouldn't be Texas. And then....boom, Texas.

27 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Seminary graduation tonight!

I'm gonna miss having it each morning and I'm gonna miss my teachers because they all were incredible and I love them and what they taught me about loving the Lord as they do.

Ya. You can go to institute though. Maybe. 

28 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Got to play organ at Stake Conference today.

Did a key change in one of the hymns B)

Ooooooh can you do foot pedals?

Whenever I play organ I just click the button that fakes it lol

1 hour ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Speaking of stake conference, my stake got a new presidency! My old stake president was called to be an area seventy, and there were two other seventies at stake conference as well!

That’s dope. 

5 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yup. And I plan on going.

My sister has gone and she seems to have liked it, so it’ll prolly be good. 

I'm giving a talk in church in a little bit, and I was wondering if y'all would be willing to help me out. My draft of my talk is pretty rough, so if anybody would like to help my out PM me and I'll send it to you. I know y'all are busy, but any help is appreciated!

6 hours ago, Bondsmith-Edgedancer said:

I'm giving a talk in church in a little bit, and I was wondering if y'all would be willing to help me out. My draft of my talk is pretty rough, so if anybody would like to help my out PM me and I'll send it to you. I know y'all are busy, but any help is appreciated!

Would’ve helped. But I was asleep. Hope it was good.