The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints corner

On 3/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, Matrim's Dice said:

We have... 3 priests, 0 teachers, and 0 deacons.

:blink:
That is indeed very small. 
Even after being cut in half we still have like 6 active priests and a couple more less-actives.

And our ward boundaries are tiny 
Like, less than a single square mile

now I feel selfish :unsure:

Spoiler

Do you want some priests?

I’ll send you some of our extras :P

Alma 26:6

"Yea, they shall not be beaten down by the storm at the last day; yea, neither shall they be harrowed up by the whirlwinds; but when the storm cometh they shall be gathered together in their place, that the storm cannot penetrate to them; yea, neither shall they be driven with fierce winds whithersoever the enemy listeth to carry them."

Sound familiar?

Spoiler

:ph34r:Plot of Words of Radiance:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 10:12 PM, Experience said:

Conference is this weekend and I just can't believe it's already happening and I'm so excited!!! sorry for yelling :P

Don't be! I'm excited too! :D 

ETA: Yooooo that was an awesome first day! Such awesome talks! Sad to see the Primary General Presidency go, though. :( 

ETA again: I totally didn't cry through both opening songs this morning. Nope. Don't know what you're talking about. 

Edited by Slowswift
Added more comments

• 4 weeks later...

I was just thinking to myself it’s not fair that there are never any temples built in Utah. Lo and behold there was a surprise announcement for a new temple being built in Ephraim Utah. I feel happy that the good people of Ephraim will not have to drive 7 miles down the road to Manti  temple and instead will have one in their own town. Here is a link to more information on the surprise announcement:

https://www.ldsliving.com/How-rare-is-it-for-a-temple-to-be-announced-outside-of-general-conference/s/94265

(in case you can’t tell from my tone I’m not upset of jealous or anything. We cant even get people to volunteer in our Oklahoma temple and they have the entire state to draw from. More bemused than anything else)

Edited by Ammanas

On 5/7/2021 at 6:56 PM, Ammanas said:

I was just thinking to myself it’s not fair that there are never any temples built in Utah. Lo and behold there was a surprise announcement for a new temple being built in Ephraim Utah. I feel happy that the good people of Ephraim will not have to drive 7 miles down the road to Manti  temple and instead will have one in their own town. Here is a link to more information on the surprise announcement:

https://www.ldsliving.com/How-rare-is-it-for-a-temple-to-be-announced-outside-of-general-conference/s/94265

(in case you can’t tell from my tone I’m not upset of jealous or anything. We cant even get people to volunteer in our Oklahoma temple and they have the entire state to draw from. More bemused than anything else)

There are quite a few members in Utah.

Today is a happy day because someone in our meeting today made a Sanderson reference. We were discussing Elder Renlund's talk and the problem of evil and how a loving God can allow evil and trials to exist in our world. I started thinking about the end of Bands and Wax's conversation with Harmony. Then a person started talking, and mentioned that exact thing I was thinking of. It was beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my fav quotes from Sazed, that guy in Mistborn (not word-for-word cause I was too lazy to find it)

"The whole point having faith is for it to be tested."

That quote has gotten me through some stuff ^_^

Fallout Boy said something similar

"Sometimes the only payoff of having any faith, it when it's tested again, and again everyday"

Edited by Kelsier'sGodComplex

Greetings.

Background: The Young Women was organized different so there's no Beehives, Laurels, or Mia Maids.

Now we have two classes of YW in my ward, Class A and Class B. I think the younger class is Class B and the older class is Class A? Maybe?

In the older class we have about five young women, two or three of whom will be leaving the class sometime this summer. In the younger class there are at least eight, closer to ten I think. It's kind of odd.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just posting here to say that I've left the LDS church. (Right after reaching Relief Society, lol. Guess I'll not be attending.)

I'm seeking a better relationship with my Heavenly Father and Mother and finding my own faith and happiness, and increasing the happiness of others - and nearly all of my experience with the church (not God, the church) has been directly counter to that. The bad has, in my own experience, outweighed the good.

I don't say this to try and convince any of you to leave too; I'm just explaining how it wasn't right for me, and all the problems and issues built up until I could not accept that this was close to what I believe God wants or what I should be doing. I still very much believe in my Heavenly Parents and in their love. It is the humans and their interpretations, ideas, and policies that I have found to be often incorrect or immoral (in my view of morality) - though I'm not saying I think any of you are bad people.

Anyway, I wish you all the best, and I hope none of you start thinking badly of me or judging me for leaving. I hope you can continue to find peace and love!

I can’t decide whether to be happy that you are doing what is best for you, or sad that you are leaving the church.

Edit: I missed the bottom part during my first read of that. Don’t worry, none of us will judge you. You are still an amazing, kind, friendly person. Leaving the church doesn’t make you less of that.

Edited by Chinkoln

Personally, I’m curious how many of you guys have been to This is the Place in Salt Lake City. It’s where Brigham Young said,”This is the Place.” 
It’s a pretty cool place. 

Spoiler

I thought it was fun seeing Brigham Young’s pink house.

Edit: He said it looking over the Valley. 

Edited by Maddie The Succulent