AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BookishOcelot said:

"I have transportation and transformation. I can teleport and make things into other things. Pretty sure the Lightweavers have transformation and Illumination?" She wasn't quite sure on the last bit, and hoped one of the others would confirm her. 

“Yeah, they have Illumination, like Truthwatchers.”

Ben confirmed. He would have given a demonstration to go along with it, but he needed to conserve his stormlight if he was going to stay awake.

Evelyn finished the Aon just as the people rounded the corner. The Aon flared and a wall of light appeared. The people slammed into it, and were pushed backwards. Blond guy looked up, confused and hissed as he saw the light. "You are one of them! We will follow you to the end." He gave her a look of pure malice before disappearing back the way he had come, no doubt looking for a way around the Aon. Evelyn started to run again.

18 minutes ago, Hope Spren said:

Evelyn finished the Aon just as the people rounded the corner. The Aon flared and a wall of light appeared. The people slammed into it, and were pushed backwards. Blond guy looked up, confused and hissed as he saw the light. "You are one of them! We will follow you to the end." He gave her a look of pure malice before disappearing back the way he had come, no doubt looking for a way around the Aon. Evelyn started to run again.

One of who? He has no way of knowing who you are.

Pretty much just a person with investiture. He doesn't know about elantrians specifically, but he knows about the investiture wielders. He mistakenly assumes Evelyn to be a member of one of the Orders of Knights Radiant. (He didn't actually see her draw the Aon, so he thinks it might be a way of using the surges.)

21 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Jamie sighed dramatically. "The group I belong to wants me to go looking for another Investiture user who got stranded in Seattle. I was going to ask Doc about a motorcycle but," she gestured helplessly towards Doc, who was still talking, "He's busy. Um... you can come along if you want, although it probably won't be what you're expecting."

I grinned. "Like, another...Twinborn, that's the word, right?" Eyeing James, I added, "And we can just take one. He probably wouldn't be too mad."

Don't know how attached he is to his motorcycles, but hey, as a Willshaper, Cassie doesn't care.

Evelyn skidded around another corner, ducking behind a park wall, and began to sketch Aon Daa in the air. She could hear her pursuers gaining again. Evelyn quickly added the modifiers that would make it so the Aon only activated when she tapped it and started on more, using both hands to draw.Evelymn managed to finish five Aons before the people found her. One rounded the corner, and Evelyn fired off her first Aon. It hit them head on with a blast of light, and the person got thrown backwards. "Lights," Evelyn said under her breath. "That blast should have been enough to disintegrate them. I, am in serious trouble." Evelyn fired off her remaining Aons and then started running again. She had managed to catch her breath some when she had paused to make Aons, but she couldn't keep her pace up for forever. The only good news was that the people/things chasing her were getting tired to. Not as quickly, true, but at least there was a silver lining. She could no doubt take pleasure in that fact when they finally managed to catch and possibly kill her.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

I grinned. "Like, another...Twinborn, that's the word, right?" Eyeing James, I added, "And we can just take one. He probably wouldn't be too mad."

"Ok..." Jamie said, and shrugged, "I gotta go get something." she ran back upstairs excitedly and returned a minute larer wearing a mistcoat. "You like it? It's called a mistcoat." 

“Well first,” said Leona, “you need stormlight. We radiants generate it passively, but unless you store it or use it” she held up her ring. “It goes away. So most of us keep some form of gemstone on our bodies to store stormlight. The Bondsmiths also generate stormlight, but at a much faster rate.” 

She reached in her pocket and held out a bracelet with a single garnet on it. “It’s probably not your style, but it’s the only one i’ve got on me. And it already has stormlight.”

20 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Ok..." Jamie said, and shrugged, "I gotta go get something." she ran back upstairs excitedly and returned a minute larer wearing a mistcoat. "You like it? It's called a mistcoat." 

I stared at Jamie, wide-eyed. "I love it. It suits you."

Okay, so I just finished re-reading Elantris a few minutes ago, and about our idea about having mini-elantris things, kinda-spoiler warning: 

Spoiler

wouldn't that make an entirely different set of Aons for each area? Since the base Aon is based on the physical characteristics of each area, an elantrian would have to memorize each Aon and the modifiers for each area, which could be hundreds or thousands. It just doesn't seem practical.

On 5/31/2019 at 0:48 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Draug nodded. "She's an outsider- she uses a different magic from ours. Sha-thoexis is drawn to such individuals." He sighed. "It also means that she is in far more danger than any of the rest of us, unfortunately."

Draug shot another look at Jamie, then continued. "Few outsiders survived wandering into our AoE. None have survived that have stayed here for long, as far as I know. The only reason she's survived so far is because of the nature of Seattle. That, and what happened tonight."

@Dr. Dapper

1 hour ago, Emperor Stick said:

Okay, so I just finished re-reading Elantris a few minutes ago, and about our idea about having mini-elantris things, kinda-spoiler warning: 

We're going to have to hack it anyways, if we want the symbols to be the same.

I don't think they can be. Aons work because the land is so symmetrical, but the area we want to base them on isn't, really.

A side note- if we're going to have different focal locations for Selish magic, then I would like to posit the idea that the different forms exist in areas that match racially.

Sawyer finally walked through Doc's front door again, now with an additional pair of duffel bags in hand. Her parents had finally given in and let her stay here. They tended on the overprotective side. Boy was it good to be back!

9 hours ago, Taradiddle said:

Sawyer finally walked through Doc's front door again, now with an additional pair of duffel bags in hand. Her parents had finally given in and let her stay here. They tended on the overprotective side. Boy was it good to be back!

Taradiddle! you're alive!

He smiled. "Well, it's beautiful. I think it'll work fine..." He turned and looked at Freeman. "Is your voice as sexy and hypnotic as those memes suggest?" He grinned, shaking his hand and letting Leona decide if this was a good idea or not.