The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

A young boy, who looked to be about ten years of age, burst through the front doors of the restaurant, and marched confidently in. An enormous smile covered his face, even though he seemed to have some cuts and scrapes on his arms and legs, and one of his eyes was swollen. Another boy followed right behind the first. Though he seemed more reserved than his companion, a large smile painted his face as well, despite the couple small injuries he sported.

The first made his way to the big counter and, after taking a look at the menu hanging on the wall, declared, “I’d like two stews, please! Oh, and two glasses of water too. I’m thirsty!”

The second boy nodded vigorously in agreement, “BIG glasses! We’re SUPER thirsty!”

10 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

A young boy, who looked to be about ten years of age, burst through the front doors of the restaurant, and marched confidently in. An enormous smile covered his face, even though he seemed to have some cuts and scrapes on his arms and legs, and one of his eyes was swollen. Another boy followed right behind the first. Though he seemed more reserved than his companion, a large smile painted his face as well, despite the couple small injuries he sported.

The first made his way to the big counter and, after taking a look at the menu hanging on the wall, declared, “I’d like two stews, please! Oh, and two glasses of water too. I’m thirsty!”

The second boy nodded vigorously in agreement, “BIG glasses! We’re SUPER thirsty!”

Zeoy smiled down at the two. "Coming right up!" She pulled two giant glasses from the cupboard and filled them with water, then put ice cubes in it so it went all the way to the top. She put the cups on the counter before the two boys. "Now what were you up to that you're so thirsty?"

16 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Zeoy smiled down at the two. "Coming right up!" She pulled two giant glasses from the cupboard and filled them with water, then put ice cubes in it so it went all the way to the top. She put the cups on the counter before the two boys. "Now what were you up to that you're so thirsty?"

The two boys snatched their drinks off the counter and began furiously gulping down the water. After about half his glass was gone, the second boy set down his drink, wiped his mouth with his forearm, and answered the nice lady’s question.

”We were sparring!” he replied, a little out of breath from drinking so much water all at once without stopping for air, “And I won!”

The first boy slammed his now empty glass onto the counter and retorted, “No way, I totally beat you, Jax.”

Jax stood up on the stool he had just been sitting on and said, “Um, I had you pinned to the ground, Kai. If that doesn’t count as winning, I don’t know what does.”

”But if we’re basing who wins off the point system we created, then I definitely beat you,” Kai said, now standing on his stool as well.

1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

The two boys snatched their drinks off the counter and began furiously gulping down the water. After about half his glass was gone, the second boy set down his drink, wiped his mouth with his forearm, and answered the nice lady’s question.

”We were sparring!” he replied, a little out of breath from drinking so much water all at once without stopping for air, “And I won!”

The first boy slammed his now empty glass onto the counter and retorted, “No way, I totally beat you, Jax.”

Jax stood up on the stool he had just been sitting on and said, “Um, I had you pinned to the ground, Kai. If that doesn’t count as winning, I don’t know what does.”

”But if we’re basing who wins off the point system we created, then I definitely beat you,” Kai said, now standing on his stool as well.

Zeoy smiled cheerfully. "Does it matter who wins? It seems like you had fun."

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

Zeoy smiled cheerfully. "Does it matter who wins? It seems like you had fun."

The two boys though about this for a moment.

”Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Jax said, nodding and sitting back down. He picked up his glass and began drinking again.

Kai followed suit, sitting down on his stool. Then he looked up at the lady behind the counter and asked, “Can I have a refill? I’m still kinda thirsty...”

Just now, Rebecca said:

The two boys though about this for a moment.

”Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Jax said, nodding and sitting back down. He picked up his glass and began drinking again.

Kai followed suit, sitting down on his stool. Then he looked up at the lady behind the counter and asked, “Can I have a refill? I’m still kinda thirsty...”

"Absolutely, my man." She took the glass from him and filled it as before.

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Absolutely, my man." She took the glass from him and filled it as before.

“Thanks,” Kai replied, giving the lady a huge grin. Then he began drinking again.

”When’s our soup going to be ready?” Jax asked.

“Certainly!” Lunamor grabbed the ingredients necessary for chouta stew and set to work. Several gallons of grease later he emerged from the kitchen carrying two large bowls. Everything in them was fried, including the liquid. Little chunks of a fried, unidentifiable sort of meat floated around in them and a wedge of fried flatbread had been stuck in both states. He set them down in front of the little boys.

”Enjoy!”

Edited by Lunamor

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Certainly!” Lunamor grabbed the ingredients necessary for chouta stew and set to work. Several gallons of grease later he emerged from the kitchen carrying a large bowl. Everything in it was fried, including the liquid. Little chunks of a fried, unidentifiable sort of meat floated around in it and a wedge of fried flatbread had been stuck in. He set it down in front of the little boy.

”Enjoy!”

There are two boys, Luna.

“Yaaay!” Kai and Jax both cheered as the soup was set on the counter in front of them. They both grabbed their spoons and began stuffing their faces full of bread and soup.

”Wow, this stuff is good!” Jax exclaimed.

”Yeah,” Kai agreed, “Definitely the yummiest.”

22 hours ago, Lunamor said:

“I only charge in stories. This order, however... he is so large that he will need an entire book.”

“Got it,” Truthless said, wondering how he was going to write a story in less than an hour. Then, suddenly, he had an idea. He pulled out a multitude of pens, pencils, quills, and other such writing devices, and a strangely blank book. “Write a book!” Truthless Commanded the pens, which immediately set to work. He had some ideas swirling around in his head, giving the writing tools the perfect idea of what to write. A couple of minutes later, a thick book was written, titled “The Happy Inquisitor: A Story of Success.” “Will this work?” Truthless asked. “It’s over 2,000 pages long!!”

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

As the boys slurped down the last of their soup, Jax gave a content sigh. Kai let out a long burp.

“Oops. Sorry,” he said sheepishly.

“So how much for everything?” Jax asked, who hadn’t bothered reading any of the signs in the restaurant.

4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

As the boys slurped down the last of their soup, Jax gave a content sigh. Kai let out a long burp.

“Oops. Sorry,” he said sheepishly.

“So how much for everything?” Jax asked, who hadn’t bothered reading any of the signs in the restaurant.

"We charge in stories," Zeoy explained. 

13 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"We charge in stories," Zeoy explained. 

“Stories, huh?” Kai murmured, “That’s kinda weird...”

Jax elbowed his friend in the stomach, under the counter where no one could see. That hadn’t been a very nice thing to say. Kai let out a yelp, but Jax ignored him.

“Like, you want me to make one up? Or tell you something that really happened?” Jax asked.

Just now, Rebecca said:

“Stories, huh?” Kai murmured, “That’s kinda weird...”

Jax elbowed his friend in the stomach, under the counter where no one could see. That hadn’t been a very nice thing to say. Kai let out a yelp, but Jax ignored him.

“Like, you want me to make one up? Or tell you something that really happened?” Jax asked.

"It doesn't matter; either one is fine. As long as it's captivating."

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"It doesn't matter; either one is fine. As long as it's captivating."

Jax thought for a moment, then his face lit up as an idea came to him.

“I know!” he declared, “I’ll tell you about our sparring match!”

“Well it’s my story too,” Kai said, “so I get to help tell it.”

“Fine. Whatever.”

“Okay, I’ll start.” Kai declared, “So this morning, Jax and I were both super bored, so we decided to have a sparring match! We decided we’d both be allowed to use our metals. I’m a Coinshot, so I was allowed to use steel to burn, and bring some coins to shoot. And Jax-”

“I’m a Steelrunner! So I was allowed to use my metalminds.”

“Yeah. So we found this nice clearing out in the forest not too far from here. We’d used the place before for practicing our powers, and thought it would be great for sparring. We started on opposite ends of the clearing, and as soon as I said go-”

”I ran at him super fast! ‘Cause that’s my power is; I can use up speed I’ve stored to move really fast.” Jax explained.

“So I tried to shoot some coins at him, but he’s fast. So I only got a couple small scratches on his arms,” Kai said, pointing to Jax’s arms.

“It still hurt!” Jax replied, “Anyway, so I ran at him, and almost pinned him down, but he dodged me just enough that I was only able to knock him over.”

“But, after he’d knock me down, he stopped running, so I was able to hit him a couple more times before he ran away again. And then he went and grabbed a tree branch!!!”

“It was to hit him with,” Jax said, smiling widely, “He can’t push it, since it’s not metal, and it gives me a longer reach.”

“He ran over to me a beat me up with the stupid tree branch,” Kai said scowling, “That’s how I got all these scratches on my arms and legs.”

“Aw, come on, I didn’t hurt you too bad. And besides, what kind of sparring match is it if you don’t end up with some scrapes and bruises!”

Kai just rolled his eyes.

“Eventually, I ditched the tree branch.” Jax continued, “Then, I was able to pin him down.”

That’s how I got this swollen eye. He punched me on the way down. But I got him back.” Kai said smiling mischievously, “I punched him in the stomach.”

“After that, we were both pretty tired. We saw this place on our way home, and decided some food sounded pretty good.”

“And some water!” Kai added.

“So, that’s our story!” Jax said, smiling widely.

50 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Zeoy smiled. "That was a lovely story, you two. You're welcome here any time."

“Thanks!” The two replied in unison.

“We’ll make sure to stop by after our next sparring match,” Jax added.

“Well, I should probably be heading home now. My mum and dad are probably wondering where I am,” Kai said, “Thanks for the food though. It was GREAT!”

“Yeah, same here,” Jax said, “on both counts. That was the best stew I’ve ever had!”

The two boys then ran out the door, one right behind the other, letting the restaurant doors slam closed behind them.