Republic of Alleycity

Lord Meeker

Head of Defense  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Head of Defense to manage the Precursors be elected?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Element of Chaos said:

True. However, as was noted before we do have access to spikes that give people access to the One Power, which makes me think medallions would work too, which would give us two options already. Other than that, the WoT wiki also talks about a version of the Oath Rod meant for non-channelers, though it doesn't actually appear in the books, and they don't give any page numbers or author quotes with that statement (so I'm not sure if we should count that).

I mainly suggested Oath Rods because their usage is quite simple, and because they seem like the kind of thing the DA has access to. On the other hand, we could always just use an epic with the ability to force people to answer all questions truthfully instead.

Just now, Vargo Seldon said:

Yep. On that note:

Spoiler

Name: Aoífe O'Sullivan

Epic Name: Fragarach

Appearance: 5'4'' tall, ginger, short hair, green eyes. Wears a leather jacket, black jeans and combat boots.

Powers: When wielding a bladed weapon, her physical abilities are improved (a bit weaker than pewter), while the blade gives a limited ability to control wind (either gusts of about windpower 6 or 7, or firing blades of air with a range of about 10 meters, with the power decreasing as range increases), as well as having increased cutting power and durability (while better than the weapon normally would be, this isn't anywhere near shardblade level. She could probably cut through a wooden shield or medieval plate armor when using her full strength, but that is the limit). If she places the sword at someone's throat they have to answer any questions she asks them, and they aren't capable of lying.
Exact strength of her abilities (expect for forcing people to speak the truth) depend on the quality of the blade she's holding, with better crafted ones working better. Swords are generally also stronger than knifes, and medieval western style swords (arming sword, long sword, claymore) are more effective than those of other regions.

Skills: Decent sword and knife fighter, knows a bit about Irish myth. Amateur at unarmed fighting.

Equipment: Keeps a few hidden switchblade knifes on her at all times. Normally also carries a long sword on her back if she can get away with it.

Weaknesses:

• Epic weakness: Being called a dog, or puppy. This disables her powers for a few minutes.
  • Her abilities require her to hold a bladed weapon weapon to work, meaning that disarming her will rid her of all her abilities.
  • Favors head-on approaches, often not considering things like tactics.
  • Blood-knight. Enjoys fighting, and will often fight people stronger than her. Doesn't mind putting herself in a disadvantaged position in order to make a fight more fair, or often doesn't finish off opponents in order to be able to fight them again when they're stronger.

Personality: Loves fighting, especially against strong opponents. Otherwise she tends to be rather serious and business-minded while on a job, but boisterous and outgoing otherwise. Rather quick-tempered, is bad at handling money, often leading to her needing to take on rather problematic jobs to get by.

History: When younger she was interested in stories about ancient heroes, and got into sword-fighting because of them. Here, she turned out to be quite talented, but also earned the nicknames of 'dog' and 'puppy', because of how she talked about old irish myths, specifically Cú Chulainn. When Calamity came she found out about her powers, and ended up working as a mercenary for various Epics, often hired to do interrogations. At some point she ended up in the alleyverse, where she decided to keep working as a mercenary (since she needed money) and established a reputation as a competent fighter, and sometimes being hired for doing interrogations as well.

Affiliation: Neutral, mercenary.

I might actually keep that one.

5 hours ago, Clever Username said:

Whoops, I accidentally submitted a vote in the poll @Voidus.

No problem, corrected the votes for both sides to remove non-reps.

Poll is now closed, results:
Should the DA be barred from practicing Hemalurgy inside city-owned buildings?
Yes - 7

No - 3

39 minutes ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Do you just make random character bios for fun?

Doesn't everyone do that?
*Flicks through binder of thousands of Epic profiles made for the Reckoners RP*

23 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“She’s the Righthand, kid,” Lusk interjected, stepping forward. Wes trailed behind with wide eyes.

“She’s not the leader. And we specifically have a Council for issues like this. Having one person with ultimate authority would be more of a dictatorship more than an organisation. You realise we’d have to put your condition amongst us. We don’t snap our fingers and create things out of nowhere. So, take out word for what it is. No guarantees.”

Wes could only barely nod. He began tapping bendalloy again. He always ate when he was nervous.

"Lusk, I am over 40 year older than you. If I am a 'kid' what are you?" Jackal said, "And it looks like you will not suppl me with an answer, so I have to find my own way out of this,"

Jackal left the are and walked back out into the open.

My point was that if the Jackal left to a side room with the people he's being accused of working for then it's going to look very suspicious and pretty much disqualify any testimony he may have to give.
Then Sorana said that you would both be out in the main area still.

Up to you guys how you want to work it out, but I think this is a pretty important point to make.

2 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

If he holds an oath rod and promises to testify the truth as he believes it, then any previous discussions wouldn't matter. In fact, they couldn't trust him to be honest on his own anyways, because he is t he leader of an incredibly large criminal organization.

If you want to try that argument you're welcome to. I think that given the testimony Althea just made it's a bit of a moot point now anyway though. But I would like to get a consensus between the two of you as to what happened so we don't have two contradicting canons.

35 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

"Lusk, I am over 40 year older than you. If I am a 'kid' what are you?" Jackal said, "And it looks like you will not suppl me with an answer, so I have to find my own way out of this,"

Jackal left the are and walked back out into the open.

“I will supply you with an answer, just not a guarantee,” Lusk said, but the Jackal was walking away.

“And I really doubt you’re 40 years older than me, kid.”

Wes trailed after the Jackal. “Wait, So you don’t do autographs?”

Edited by I think I am here.

It could have been a side room with an open door?

Wes gestured Althea over, so she needed to have seen that. Otherwise I don't care.

Regarding her testimony, I'm sticking with what I know, if something happened that I don't know of, then Althea doesn't.

Edit: And yes, Ark and me talked about it, so I think we have it sorted, so Althea's testimony should be accurate from an IC pov.

@Darth Sir Woodrack Groot

Edited by Sorana

Kestraal quickly tapped an Aon sigil tattooed on his neck. Three other canton operatives quickly arrived at the booth, two intelligence and one combat.

"If the Jackal leaves this building. Trail him and let me know of your location every 30 seconds" He whispered to them. One of them quickly disappeared into the assembled crowd, the other intelligence operative transformed itself into a doorkeep and stood in front of the door, ready to open it for the Jackal. The combat operative pulled out a sniper and kept it settled towards the Jackal's head. He remained sighted as Kestraal stood up.

"Well?" He asked the Jackal

"Do you have anything to say?"

Althea nodded curtly at Lusk and then stepped aside. The conversation between Lusk and the Jackal was obviously finished, and not to the Jackal's satisfaction. Well, it couldn't be helped right now.

She suppressed a sigh and then sent a message to Zokora. Now that Wes wasn't alone anymore, she would step aside. Lusk was more than able to represent them here, and it was his job.  She had probably already overstepped some boundaries, when adressing those assembled here, but she had to admit she had a hard time to care right now. Still it wouldn't hurt to have her assistant here to observe and to listen.

Turning around she left the building and made sure to keep her steps firm and selfconfident.

16 hours ago, Sorana said:

It could have been a side room with an open door?

Kay.

Jackal walked over to Doomhron and said,  "Hel-"

He was cut off by Doomhorn saying, "I don't care, I'm not getting you out of this. You might tesistify, and you might not. I don't care, and if you are going to say that GB didn't do it, you will say that either way. Now go away,"

Jackal took Doomhorns mike went to the center of the room, a bit off from Althea if she was also there, and said, "From a legal perspective, what have these people dine wrong?"

Edited by Darth Sir Woodrack Groot

So, for making sure people are telling the truth, are we going with the Oath Rod or just getting an Epic? Asking this because an Epic can help deal with some of the more uncomfortable things regarding making sure people swear the oaths, and they also don't require hacks like using medallions or spikes to turn people into Channelers. On the other hand, Epics might seem a bit like a cop-out to some people.

23 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

Jackal took Doomhorns mike went to the center of the room, a bit off from Althea if she was also there, and said, "From a legal perspective, what have these people dine wrong?"

Althea's gone. I'm not our rep and Itiah's character Lusk can easily answer the questions as well. We figured it would be better to let the reps handle this, that's why we elected them in the first place.