Republic of Alleycity

Lord Meeker

Head of Defense  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Head of Defense to manage the Precursors be elected?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, kenod said:

Not their entire army. Some of it, yes, but they still had enough security teams to take the remainder 'prisoner', so they'll probably have some more lying around. There's also the fact that the Church hasn't been a Great Guild for that long, while the GBs have been around for almost 2 decades and are warlike by nature, so I think that they probably wouldn't have had to commit their entire army for this, just a portion large enough that organizations that aren't Great Guilds couldn't have managed it. Somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 would be my guess.

Edit: There's also the possibility of the GBs having build up their army way in excess of what the other guilds have, so in that case they'd have a lot more remaining, though I think that this would still have been a large blow.

So, yeah,  this is accurate. And this would be a pretty big blow, but not as much to regular soldiers. This is a big blow to invested soldiers, not as much just regular foot soldiers, or even more minor invested, like coinshots or Singers

Kestraal discreetly drew some customised aons. He could now hear everything that Wes said and heard for the next fifteen minutes or so. Hopefully it would work and he’d be able to listen in on any conversation that Wes had with the Jackal. A small Aon pulsed softly behind Wes’s ear.

Jackal walked out of view of the rest of the assembly turned on a hyper sonic emitter that would ring into the ears of anyone trying to listen in, causing extreme pain, and said, to Wes, "Two things. One, I need your confirmation that Waiter was in fact Syndicate Omega. Two, I need your promise that GB will get me out of this, if I convince them that Waiter was Syndicate Omega, which seems very likely to me, as doing this normally for GB would be beyond stupid."

@I think I am here.

A bowler hat (cap?)

Wes gulped and stepped back a little at the Jackal moving forward. His headache still ran supreme in his skull, and brought a hand to his forehead to try and soothe it.

“Oh, um, hi Mr. Jackal,” he said nervously, and quietly. “Please don’t kill me. But if we talk without those other guys’ permission, they might kill me too.”

"They haven't said no," Jackal said, "And in a situation that doesn't directly affect them, that is consent. Also, I need you, for now. So, will you get me out, if I convince them that Waiter was Syndicate Omega. Also, confirm that Waiter is Syndicate Omega."

@I think I am here.

Edited by Darth Sir Woodrack Groot

6 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

"They ahven't said no," Jackal said, "And in a situation that doesn't directly affect them, that is consent. Also, I need you, for now. So, will you get me out, if I convince them that Waiter was Syndicate Omega. Also, confirm that Waiter is Syndicate Omega."

@I think I am here.

“Um, ye— yes?” Wes stammered. “I think he was, I think so. But, how will you convince the others? They don’t seem very trusting of you.”

5 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

"There going to find some way to prove that everything I say, I at least believe is true. If I do, will you agree to get me out, without serving prison time?" Jackal said.

“Um, oh wow,” Wes said, rubbing his eyes. “I don’t know if I have the authority.”

He looked around, tried to find the Righthand’s eyes and gestured to her, asking what to do. She was the only high-up Ghostblood he could see. But still, she was as, if not more scary than the Jackal, so having them both here, talking to him would be terrifying.

Or would they cancel each other’s fear factor out? Wes didn’t know.

@Sorana

26 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

"Ah, someone with authority. So, he has already confirmed that Waiter was Syndicate Omega, and now I just need you to agree to get em otu if I convice the senate that you had nothing to do with the church attack," Jackal said.

@Sorana

I have to admit I'm curious to how you'll try to avoid our lie avoidance methods.

5 hours ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

"Ah, someone with authority. So, he has already confirmed that Waiter was Syndicate Omega, and now I just need you to agree to get em otu if I convice the senate that you had nothing to do with the church attack," Jackal said.

@Sorana

Althea thought about his words for a while. The waiter. Well, he was no GB, that part she knew.

"What was your role in the attack?"

She inquired. Facts first, promises second.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Althea thought about his words for a while. The waiter. Well, he was no GB, that part she knew.

"What was your role in the attack?"

She inquired. Facts first, promises second.

Wes nodded, and stepped back a bit. He could let these two talk, without interrupting them. This whole job was way above his paygrade anyway, for an underling, but for some reason he’d been picked when Mr. Uwik has had other places to be. Subconsciously he began tapping some bendalloy anxiously.

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes nodded, and stepped back a bit. He could let these two talk, without interrupting them. This whole job was way above his paygrade anyway, for an underling, but for some reason he’d been picked when Mr. Uwik has had other places to be. Subconsciously he began tapping some bendalloy anxiously.

Althea realized Wes had stepped away and gestured for him to come over again. He needed to know what was talked about, he would be the one to present and to arguee whatever was decided in front of the other representatives. A part of her wished Lusk was here, she wasn't sure if the boy had the stomach for what was about to happen. But then maybe he surprised her.