Republic of Alleycity

Lord Meeker

Head of Defense  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Head of Defense to manage the Precursors be elected?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

“Yes, because the Great Game totally had a purpose,” Terrel said, amused by the kid’s little speech. “Can you or can’t you confirm that the Waiter joined the Ghostbloods?”

“The purpose was to remove...” Wes looked to his notes. “Dusk’s army before it became a threat. And if I remember, it was us Ghostbloods who ultimately incapacitated Dusk’s Fiend monster, allowing Mac to remove it.”

He looked at Terrel, slightly confused. “Um... I don’t think I can comment on that.... I don’t think he did?” he looked to Althea with wide eyes and shrugged.

Edited by I think I am here.

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

“A purpose, being, to attack TUBA,” Terrel said. “Do you guys just like attacking people for no reason? People have died and will continue to die unless you get control of your own guild.”

No,” Wes insisted, but then realised how childish that sounded.

“I mean, everything has a reason. Trade routes, like it could have been trade routes. A small squad of TUBA soldiers probably blocked one of our trade routes and we tried to remove them. That’s probably all it was! But you guys, you all like exaggerating everything, to make us seem evil. We literally brought everyone here for the Oasis records, a tragedy which happened in our own city, but we don’t exaggerate it, do we?”

“And, and, and what do you mean take control of our guild? It may not seem like it but it’s a lot easier for you guys to say, the DA has a god, or should I say the god running everything, keeping everyone in check. And TUBA has its own advantages for leadership as well as uncompetitive members. And then there’s us, a normal guild who has to deal with normal problems and doesn’t have any of the shortcuts you guys got handed. Real easy for you to tell us to get back our control, huh?” He cordsed his arms.

55 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He looked at Terrel, slightly confused. “Um... I don’t think I can comment on that.... I don’t think he did?” he looked to Althea with wide eyes and shrugged.

Althea shook her head, silently answering his question. Then she made a calming gesture while at the same time motioning for him to go on. He was doing a good job. As good as one could expect in that situation, considering his age as well.

20 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

“Well, my guild doesn’t have any shortcuts for leadership, and we still work,” Terrel said. He sounds so childish. “Even you, a rep of The Ghostbloods, don’t even know what’s going on. You used ‘probably’ about five times.”

“Well, you’re guild isn’t a Great Guild, so things are way easier with you, to be frank. And I used probably twice, for your information.”

The Righthand gestured to him and Wes nodded.

Edited by I think I am here.

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

“Actually, our guild is a great guild, yet somehow we manage to stay civil when another guild drops in to murder our children.”

“And that’s probably why I’ve never heard of you. For a Great Guild, you don’t seem to be very well known. Who are you, again?” Wes honestly didn’t know, but he was satisfied he managed to turn the confusion into some sort of jab.

I’m honestly just wondering though, which guild is Terrel from?

“By how you’re acting you definitely don’t seem to want to be allies with us anyway,” Wes said. “And I think you’re exaggerating again. We aren’t trying to make enemies with you, though if you think a little political debate is making enemies then you’re, uh, dumb.” He backtracked. “I mean, that’s not to say you’re dumb, but if you think we’re trying to make enemies with you when you’re the ones badgering us about control, bragging about a guild I’ve never heard of and then insulting my use of ‘probably’, then you’ve probably got another thing coming.” 

KanMien walked into the senate building, and walked up to the arguing acolyte. "I'll be taking over here," they said softly, "please go back to the others, and tell them to start preparing to leave. I've got a feeling not everyone wants us to be here."

They threw a quick glare in Althea's direction, and walked up to the center of the room. They looked at Wes and sighed. "Can we get back on topic again?" They asked. "While talking about past ghostblood issues might help regarding context, it isn't extremely important right now." They paused. "What is important, however, is finding out who is guilty of what has happened here. Arguing about how 'virtuous' the ghostbloods are isn't going to make us much progress. So I'd like to ask the Ghostblood's representative to present their evidence for why they didn't do this, instead of just insisting that they would never do this."
"Especially," they continued, "since at the moment the only theory where they aren't at fault relies on the existence of a completely unknown third party that has somehow gotten resources on par with a Great Guild as well as recruit an army while remaining completely undetected, while the only evidence for this theory is a supposed recording that has zero context and no information on how it was obtained or who's in it, and would never be accepted in any proper court of law because of how likely it is that it's fake."

4 minutes ago, kenod said:

“Especially," they continued, "since at the moment the only theory where they aren't at fault relies on the existence of a completely unknown third party that has somehow gotten resources on par with a Great Guild as well as recruit an army while remaining completely undetected, while the only evidence for this theory is a supposed recording that has zero context and no information on how it was obtained or who's in it, and would never be accepted in any proper court of law because of how likely it is that it's fake."

Wes rubbed his eyes. It seemed he was fighting a losing battle against an army that outarmed him. Politics was tough.

“Okay then,” Wes said. “Numero uno, if you look at the records of Ghostblood army regiments, there wasn’t a single population drop in our military at the time of the attack. No records have been made regarding any of our regiments going anywhere, and witness accounts from soldiers say the same. No army of ours left that night.

“Numero dos, look at the weoponry they used. Look at what evidence you collected of them. Notice how not a single weapon has signs of Ghostblood manufacturing, which can be spotted by our symbol on it. No ghostblood weapons were used, and we have proof all of our current militaries use Ghostblood weapons.

“And numero evidencé tres, the existence of a third party is not as crazy as you say it is. The Jackal, for example, is literally known for having resources on par with great guilds because of his criminal network. The Bloodflame gang is another illegal enterprise that’s expanding, and its signature weapon is fire, like the Waiter used. And in addition, both of these have past experiences with attacking other places for no reason. And so they could easily make up an army, and have a sound reason for framing us. The Bloodflame and Jackal gangs would want to unstablise the government, so they could attack. Or even this mysterious Bureau of Villainry that seems to be going around, or that fellow with the metal arm. He’s a powerful third party.

“And they all have motives for framing us. And what better way to start an outrage than attack an upcoming Great Guild and blame it on another great guild? It’s literally what the Survivor did by starting a House War on Scadrial, and now history is repeating itself and you all are ignoring it.”

He took a sip of his water. After all that talking, he was so thirsty.

8 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

“Show me absolute proof that your guild didn’t do it. Let my scribes dig through your records and identify the records of employment for the soldiers that attacked us, and let do it now before you can change them.”

“I really don’t know if I have the authority to do that.” Wes rubbed his head, he had a killer headache from all this stress. “I’m just an underling, you know.”

His head throbbed again. “Um, I request a recess break? Of maybe five minutes?”

A DA lawyer stepped forward 

“Let the record show that there were no abominations of The bloodthirsty class present at the conflict, nor can the assembly prove that creations designed specifically to drain blood exist or are controlled by the Dark Alley.”

5 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“The purpose was to remove...” Wes looked to his notes. “Dusk’s army before it became a threat. And if I remember, it was us Ghostbloods who ultimately incapacitated Dusk’s Fiend monster, allowing Mac to remove it.”

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

“A purpose, being, to attack TUBA,” Terrel said. “Do you guys just like attacking people for no reason? People have died and will continue to die unless you get control of your own guild.”

"Actually, TUBA was impartial in this, and Dusk's Fiend, which is technically a giant fabrial, is not a monster, and is fully functional, even though ti is now been remodeled as a complete innocent giant drill.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes rubbed his eyes. It seemed he was fighting a losing battle against an army that outarmed him. Politics was tough.

“Okay then,” Wes said. “Numero uno, if you look at the records of Ghostblood army regiments, there wasn’t a single population drop in our military at the time of the attack. No records have been made regarding any of our regiments going anywhere, and witness accounts from soldiers say the same. No army of ours left that night.

“Numero dos, look at the weoponry they used. Look at what evidence you collected of them. Notice how not a single weapon has signs of Ghostblood manufacturing, which can be spotted by our symbol on it. No ghostblood weapons were used, and we have proof all of our current militaries use Ghostblood weapons.

“And numero evidencé tres, the existence of a third party is not as crazy as you say it is. The Jackal, for example, is literally known for having resources on par with great guilds because of his criminal network. The Bloodflame gang is another illegal enterprise that’s expanding, and its signature weapon is fire, like the Waiter used. And in addition, both of these have past experiences with attacking other places for no reason. And so they could easily make up an army, and have a sound reason for framing us. The Bloodflame and Jackal gangs would want to unstablise the government, so they could attack. Or even this mysterious Bureau of Villainry that seems to be going around, or that fellow with the metal arm. He’s a powerful third party.

“And they all have motives for framing us. And what better way to start an outrage than attack an upcoming Great Guild and blame it on another great guild? It’s literally what the Survivor did by starting a House War on Scadrial, and now history is repeating itself and you all are ignoring it.”

He took a sip of his water. After all that talking, he was so thirsty.

"It is true that Jackal could have done this, but Walker has informed me that The Church has him in custody, and he claims it was a group called Syndicate Omega, who hired him, bankrolled it, and supplied the weapons. Speaking of which, Dusk informed me of several hundred of his weapons going missing. He didn't say what weapons, but this seems practical that they were used on this attack, and they were not stolen by GB, as GB then helped him investigate," Doomhorn said. Dusk came in.

"Sorry, wrong weapons. And I found those. Jackal stole them. I think it was GB. By," Dusk left again.

6 minutes ago, Darth Sir Woodrack Groot said:

"No. We cannot remove their great guild status, because of a crime committed, that they didn't do. We have to wait for the church to bring forward wad their witness!" Doomhorn said.

It's the OOC reason for initially giving people great guild status. In universe, I think it makes sense for a guild to be stripped of their status if they commit criminal acts like trying to massacre another guild. In this case, it probably would mainly function as in that they can't publicly have an army anymore and are limited to one rep in the government. they'd technically still have their old resources I guess (unless we have them give those to the Church as reparations), but if they actually reveal they still have an army it would lead to the full government to declare war on them and turn them into outlaws.