5 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Alv, you were Croc this whole time?

Never understatement the Crocogator!

But yes, this was a very fun game.  I'm not normally one for anonymous accounts but I found this game to be prefect for them.  Sorry for all the lies. There were numerous, enough that even I had trouble keeping up with all of them.  But then what's a game of SE without lies right?  :P 

36 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Well, to be blunt, it does help when no one dies. Our faction doc was at 60k characters after 2 cycles. We just started dropping in activity once we started dying, and even more once we realized that we wouldn't be able to recover Odium. *starts on rant* Okay, done for now.

Lol.  I do think that if I had survived/been returned we could have easily gotten quite close to the Stewards.  Ah well.  Perhaps another time.

Sorry for technically double posting.

Wait, if those were your powers, Maill, how did you know I was Culti? The entire reason I put myself into all my PMs was so that people wouldn't think I was Culti. as it would be too dangerous... (I even tried to subtly imply I was Culti in those PMs, as there is no way Culti would do that right? :P)

I went into this game not expecting a Shard due to my expected inactivity, but I was SO happy I got Culti. It fits my playstyle perfectly as well.

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

Lol.  I do think that if I had survived/been returned we could have easily gotten quite close to the Stewards.  Ah well.  Perhaps another time.

you or Stick. Or both. If you both had been returned, I bet we could have passed the stewards. : )

8 hours ago, Elandera said:

Young Bard, had you planned to suicide last turn?

I had been considering it. It really came down to whether we had the possibility of winning. And... we nearly did.

It's also worth noting that if I had suicided, I might have extended the game by another turn, but I'd also have probably put my own factions goals out of reach (we really needed as many players as possible to pull it off), so I was viewing it as an action of last resort.

11 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

I had been considering it. It really came down to whether we had the possibility of winning. And... we nearly did.

It's also worth noting that if I had suicided, I might have extended the game by another turn, but I'd also have probably put my own factions goals out of reach (we really needed as many players as possible to pull it off), so I was viewing it as an action of last resort.

You were our target that allowed us to win. Ruin targeted you with an attack and an extra life, and I targeted you with a protect. Magenta gave me an extra life so I didn't die. I was just wondering if my extra protect was necessary, and it seems it wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

You were our target that allowed us to win. Ruin targeted you with an attack and an extra life, and I targeted you with a protect. Magenta gave me an extra life so I didn't die. I was just wondering if my extra protect was necessary, and it seems it wasn't.

It was. We had Odium target Vulture/Bard as well.

Gg everyone!  I’m glad I was able to Weasel my way to victory:D

I still don’t get why I was lynched later on. I guess faction reasons?

I am sad that the favor I had with hidden garden never came into play, as I died.  The fact that hidden garden got targeted so much in the middle completely ruined the alliance.  If Odium was recovered, we would have won on the spot, using the favor to call in an Odium attack on someone and getting two protects right there.  The redirect that made me protect myself slowed us down by a cycle as well.  And the fact that toucan had an extra life.  

At least I have successfully defended my title!

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

If Odium was recovered, we would have won on the spot, using the favor to call in an Odium attack on someone and getting two protects right there.  The redirect that made me protect myself slowed us down by a cycle as well.  And the fact that toucan had an extra life.  

You forget I knew your Wincon. There is no way I would have let you win without HG if we had gotten Odium. You would have had to ask for a different favor. : P

Edited by Furamirionind

Not at that point.

And I DIDN’T lie about me being lynched not being required for my wincon.  Key emphasis on melynched, and required.

I’m disappointed that Onyx didn’t tell the truth about their wincon.  They said it was having no player die for 2 cycles straight.

EDIT: And this is why people weren’t surprised about my identity: I started the new page half of the time I was alive:lol: 

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

4 hours ago, randuir said:

And how he knew Devotion hadn't moved. I'd wondered about the specifics of the ability that allowed him to know that.

Also how I knew Odium’s identity down to Croc/Lion and my claim about Ruin, which i forgot. 

4 hours ago, Alvron said:

Never understatement the Crocogator!

But yes, this was a very fun game.  I'm not normally one for anonymous accounts but I found this game to be prefect for them.  Sorry for all the lies. There were numerous, enough that even I had trouble keeping up with all of them.  But then what's a game of SE without lies right?  :P 

You lied way more than I did this game. I took so many doubletakes in the cognitive realm when I read your posts. 

3 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Sorry for technically double posting.

Wait, if those were your powers, Maill, how did you know I was Culti? The entire reason I put myself into all my PMs was so that people wouldn't think I was Culti. as it would be too dangerous... (I even tried to subtly imply I was Culti in those PMs, as there is no way Culti would do that right? :P)

I went into this game not expecting a Shard due to my expected inactivity, but I was SO happy I got Culti. It fits my playstyle perfectly as well.

you or Stick. Or both. If you both had been returned, I bet we could have passed the stewards. : )

Um... how did I know? I think it was just narrowing down who we knew was in your faction and then just an educated guess on who was most likely. I think you being in all the PMs backfired since that’s exactly what I’d expect Culty to do since that’s what I’d do. 

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

You lied way more than I did this game. I took so many doubletakes in the cognitive realm when I read your posts. 

What can I say.  I was channeling my inner Maill.

1 minute ago, Lumgol said:

Hmmmmmmm, really?

You would have actually refrained from Smoking yourself that one time, then :P 

For example

No, of course not. :P I was evil that time, and it's not that I don't lie anymore, I just do it much less. I only really kept lying about Hoid this game out of principle. I wanted to see what I could do to get out of it, but you scanned me. 

I forgot how hard it is to talk your way out of a lynch in a faction game. I much prefer doing that as a real eliminator. Hoid definitely had a lot of abilities and late game would've been the most powerful player by far. If I had survived the lynch where I died, I'd have had Feruchemy, Awakening, and Sand Mastery, letting me survive for a while, especially when I moved to Scadrial and compounded my Feruchemy. The stealing shards was interesting for a mechanic and I think it was good, but combined with the ability to awaken and see which shards were on my planet might've been too much. All of my non-shardworld abilities being restricted to day turns handicapped it well enough though, I think. If I had held onto a Shard and had 2 actions, it might've been different.

Maw stared at the lights emanating from the various souls throughout the Cosmere. One in particular stood out to him. Khrissalla. Her light was different from most, Invested by Endowment. The storm-cursed Shard had chosen to Return his enemy instead of him. Maw had played many roles throughout the years. Cephandrius, Dust, Wit. The man they called Hoid now was someone–something–so different from what they thought. He'd held Odium(twice now) and Survival and had "died" more than a couple times.

He was more than a worldhopper, he was a legend on most, a god on others. The fools that called themselves Stewards had ruined everything, lacking a broader view. Adonalsium would return. Maw would see to it one of these days. Luckily for them, he was a forgiving legend. The storm in his heart raged on, but he held it at bay, the intent of Survival still strong on his mind. He knew how to make it back to the Physical Realm. He'd only allowed himself to have his body killed because he'd planned for Endowment to use her power to restore him, but she'd turned on him.

Maw didn't need the power of a Divine Breath, but it would've been a nice tool to add to his kit. He traveled away from the gathered crowds on the various worlds and headed for the partially reformed Yolen. Home. One of them, at least. Here he'd wait. Here he'd plan. Here he'd reforge his god.

57 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I forgot how hard it is to talk your way out of a lynch in a faction game.

Thanks for the indirect compliment then :)

I wish I could have gotten on again to try to talk my way out of the latter one.

Also, thanks whomever said that there was no real reason to lynch me, since you probably gained more information from the failed lynch then you would have from a successful one.

Ostrich, Taldain doc: "Yeah. I even talked to lion and joked about having the shard of forgetfulness. Kind of frightful in hindsight. "

hey! :P I thought we had a rather delightful conversation about bribes and poison and mass murders!