Just now, Kobold King said:

"THAT ANIMAL IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY, DELANCEY!!"

Which is to say, I have scried into this alternate universe, and seen that this is exactly what winds up happening. :P

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" 

much screeching and swearing as the dinosaur tries to buck her off 

"OKAY, OKAY, IT WAS KIND OF MY FAULT BUT KIND OF NOT! HOW WAS I TO KNOW DINOSAURS GO CRAZY FOR STRAWBERRY YOGURT?" 

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" 

much screeching and swearing as the dinosaur tries to buck her off 

"OKAY, OKAY, IT WAS KIND OF MY FAULT BUT KIND OF NOT! HOW WAS I TO KNOW DINOSAURS GO CRAZY FOR STRAWBERRY YOGURT?" 

Emma Runes is cheering her on in the background. Milton Towren is pretending to be texting campus security like a model student, but secretly he's just taking pictures and wishing he was the one who got to ride a dinosaur.

7 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

"THAT ANIMAL IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY, DELANCEY!!"

Which is to say, I have scried into this alternate universe, and seen that this is exactly what winds up happening. :P

Now this makes me think of Kokichi at college. THAT is a terrifying idea. Mostly because alcohol. Alcohol is something that they should be kept away from at all costs. 

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Now this makes me think of Kokichi at college. THAT is a terrifying idea. Mostly because alcohol. Alcohol is something that they should be kept away from at all costs. 

Depends on the type of college they go to, I think? Based on my experience, they'd probably be in more danger at a university where you can stay in a dorm and get alcohol via fake ID or a benevolent older student than at a community college, where there aren't really dorms and alcohol is only sold near campus through convenience stores and nearby bars. 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Depends on the type of college they go to, I think? Based on my experience, they'd probably be in more danger at a university where you can stay in a dorm and get alcohol via fake ID or a benevolent older student than at a community college, where there aren't really dorms and alcohol is only sold near campus through convenience stores and nearby bars. 

Irrelevant because Intervention exists. :P

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

He would be simultaneously very popular on campus and the most hated man there. Popular because parties would be more interesting. Hated because have you ever tried to take your exams drunk? 

Counterpoint: he can make the professor too tipsy to notice your mistakes.

4 minutes ago, kenod said:

Wouldn't he just bribe them with really rare drinks?

Ah, but that's the gift and the curse of Intervention's power. He can make anybody drunk without the need of physical alcohol, but he also can't create alcohol. He can only alter the brains of people to mimic its effects.

Side note, I love that Intervention sounds like one of those joke Epics we talk about who doesn't actually exist in the RP, but he was an actual story Epic who served underneath Altermind, who was in general the least crazy faction leader. :P

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Somehow Red managed to get in. Probably because she makes reasonable people too uncomfortable to confront her and for unreasonable people... well. She's not downright murderous, but she's totally shameless. 

Another student threatened to expose her tumblr. To which she replied, "Do it, coward. I know exactly what Google searches must have led you to my blog, and if you pull the trigger, so will they."

3 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Another student threatened to expose her tumblr. To which she replied, "Do it, coward. I know exactly what Google searches must have led you to my blog, and if you pull the trigger, so will they."

Who's that other student? 

17 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Case in point :P.

For evidence, look in our PM.  Edgedancer made the ruling there.

Oh I'm aware that Edge is still acting GM, but when that was proposed by Comatose I think he mentioned co-GMing or just needing someone to fill in for a few weeks.
It'll be buried somewhere in Question 20

2 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Who even is the GM of Edmonton, anyway? Who is the Wise Sage who has everyone's weaknesses on PM record?

Also, random meme time.

Hide contents

5e1.thumb.jpg.751b69e6b8a726d78aca16e6f4341097.jpg

That is a very valid meme.

EDIT: Wow, I just reread the scene where Lightwards finds out Nathan's not an Epic and wow. It's easy to forget how terrifying that guy is, in between all the jokes and in comparison Nighthound or even Darktimes, but he is still rather yikes.

I want to watch that anime.  

Edited by winter devotion

17 hours ago, winter devotion said:

EDIT: Wow, I just reread the scene where Lightwards finds out Nathan's not an Epic and wow. It's easy to forget how terrifying that guy is, in between all the jokes and in comparison Nighthound or even Darktimes, but he is still rather yikes.

Lightwards was so incredibly underpowered compared to everybody else. When I joined I didn't fully understand the kind of power level the RP was set to, so I nerfed his power set in every way I could think of. Limited zombies, no direct offensive or defensive powers, and even a limit to how many times he could resurrect.

And yet, counter-intuitively, looking back I think his lack of relative power made him a better villain than he would have been otherwise. It forced him to spend most of his time fishing for allies and stewing in his own insecurities, which made him lash out in more heinous ways, and in addition made the moments where he actually got to be the scariest Epic onscreen pop out more.

...not that those moments tend to last long when Darktimes is on her way. :mellow: The total arc of that scene, though, from Lightwards punching Nathan, Funtimes showing her darker nature, and then to Sam and Revolution getting to know Nathan in the jungle, is one of my favorites from the RP.  ^_^

17 hours ago, winter devotion said:

9 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Lightwards was so incredibly underpowered compared to everybody else. When I joined I didn't fully understand the kind of power level the RP was set to, so I nerfed his power set in every way I could think of. Limited zombies, no direct offensive or defensive powers, and even a limit to how many times he could resurrect.

And yet, counter-intuitively, looking back I think his lack of relative power made him a better villain than he would have been otherwise. It forced him to spend most of his time fishing for allies and stewing in his own insecurities, which made him lash out in more heinous ways, and in addition made the moments where he actually got to be the scariest Epic onscreen pop out more.

...not that those moments tend to last long when Darktimes is on her way. :mellow: The total arc of that scene, though, from Lightwards punching Nathan, Funtimes showing her darker nature, and then to Sam and Revolution getting to know Nathan in the jungle, is one of my favorites from the RP.  ^_^

What he lacked in power, he made up for in ruthlessness fed constantly by a raging inferiority complex. He struck me as the type of guy who, if you stole his food out of the office fridge, would watch you, learn what your lunchbox looked like, and poison everything inside of it.