4 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Kokichi appears hidden in the background of every pre-Edmonton season, always with a tiny hard to read label that reads "not actually in this season."

Though there's probably someone that looks suspiciously like them that's just in every single crowd. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

Backtrack and Kokichi:

Hide contents

tumblr_o35v7ygVr91r105gwo10_r1_1280.jpg

Backtrack: "I'm telling you, he--she--WHATEVER they are, they're real!! They're real and they're watching the Empire!"

Lightwards: "Stop trying to distract me from your many failings, little Epic. I am far beyond your pathetic attempts at trickery."

Random bush in the jungle behind Lightwards: Suddenly sprouts a pair of legs and walks away. The legs are wearing Crocs.

Just now, Kobold King said:

Backtrack: "I'm telling you, he--she--WHATEVER they are, they're real!! They're real and they're watching the Empire!"

Lightwards: "Stop trying to distract me from your many failings, little Epic. I am far beyond your pathetic attempts at trickery."

Random bush in the jungle behind Lightwards: Suddenly sprouts a pair of legs and walks away. The legs are wearing Crocs.

Concept: Kokichi randomly visiting the Alcatraz book series. Is somehow the most Talented Smedry. Their Talent is Being Overly Dramatic About Literally Everything All The Time

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Concept: Kokichi randomly visiting the Alcatraz book series. Is somehow the most Talented Smedry. Their Talent is Being Overly Dramatic About Literally Everything All The Time

Random thought, but Darkrose might not even try to kill Kokichi. She might just laugh her head off at the thought of how ticked off other Epics will be encountering them and try to cart them around the Fractured States with her.

Edited by Kobold King

7 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Random thought, but Darkrose might not even try to kill Kokichi. She might just laugh her head off at the thought of how ticked off other Epics will be encountering them and try to cart them around the Fractured States with her.

FRIENDSHIP. OR SOMETHING.   

I read Mobius's bio.

I mean, Blank PROBABLY couldn't do anything.  They might be able to somehow pierce the loop with light?  But I need to know whether light can travel through the space first.

Like, if there were windows, would the room be lit?  I'd assume so, as the room in the one scene had electricity.

Also, how would the loop work if there was only one entrance/exit?

16 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I read Mobius's bio.

I mean, Blank PROBABLY couldn't do anything.  They might be able to somehow pierce the loop with light?  But I need to know whether light can travel through the space first.

Like, if there were windows, would the room be lit?  I'd assume so, as the room in the one scene had electricity.

Also, how would the loop work if there was only one entrance/exit?

I wrote that bio so many years ago that I'm not sure what's still canon. :mellow:

On a logical level I feel like her pocket dimensions would be pitch black, since they're completely disconnected from the main universe. But Epic powers aren't always logical. Maybe some product of the process of making pocket dimensions generates energy that translates into light, which she can allow to permeate her dimension? Or maybe they have interior lighting... just because. "Just because" is a perfectly valid reason for things Epics do, I think. Her pocket dimensions are permeated with spontaneously generated light equivalent to whatever lighting level the room would ordinarily have, just because. And maybe you can tell you're in a pocket dimension when you notice you've stopped casting a shadow. That sounds cool, right?

The rooms having electricity would make absolutely zero sense unless she had some sort of reality-altering secondary. Disregard whatever I wrote back then. It sounds like I was being dumb.

However it works, if she were up against an illusionist she has the resources to separate herself entirely from his dimension and operate within a self-sufficient pocket dimension which no outside particles can interact with.

She can bend space-time in such a way that space loops around on itself; in theory she could loop it so tightly that if you look forwards you'll find yourself staring at your own back. If there were only one exit she could still warp it however she wants. I think if you passed through the exit you would still find yourself at the other end of the room, and if you looked at the wall opposite of the exit, you would see the exterior of the exit standing in thin air, its edges blurring into nothingness around it. If that doesn't make sense, then congratulations. You have survived the first stage of Mobius' powers, which is the fact that seeing the result of space-time being treated like putty hurts our puny three-dimensional minds and is almost impossible to visualize.

All in all, power-wise she is broken and the premise of her powerset is hard to fully wrap the mind around. Even for me. She can be explained and made more clear as a superpowered being, but I find that doing so invariably makes her powers even more hideously broken and gives her a finesse of space-time control that would basically make her omnipotent. So to preserve the fragile canon of the Reckonerverse, I'm forced to shrug off many of the oddities of Epic!Mobius' powers.

Spoiler

I've put more thought into the version of Mobius whom I've imported into my original setting. When that version makes pocket dimensions she can 'attach' them to our universe through a thin dimensional membrane, and can choose to allow specific wavelengths of light in. The process is automatic for her and can be manipulated on a subatomic level, because originalsetting!Mobius is hideously overpowered. She is hideously overpowered because in that setting I am God and I don't have to make things even remotely balanced if I don't want to. She rules a city that she stole from the main universe, and its interior lighting is supplied by a dwarf star that she plucked from the other end of the galaxy. And she has a prime invincibility in that she can sense when matter or energy moves through the space around her and can warp out of the way in less than a second's notice.

Reckonerverse!Mobius isn't nearly as omnipotent as she tries to make herself out to be, and doesn't even fully understand how her own powers work. Originalsetting!Mobius will storming end you.

I've put more thought into it, and also familiarized myself further with the Edmonton thread. I'm strongly considering trying to join the thread as a supporting character of some kind, perhaps as a minor Epic working for one of the big fish in the city, or more likely as a vanil--ahem, as a Maple.

If I were to join, what roles would be most useful narratively at the moment? I saw something in this thread about the Reckoners being unestablished but about to become important. Maybe there will be an opening there? Maybe as the cell's Lorist, medic, or engineer?

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

You could be that one enforcer who interacted with Jacklyn.

Or you could do the Belt.

Also, kind of the point of Blank is no one knows how their powers work.

The Belt sounds promising. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

The mental image of Lightwards, smiling, driving his fist into Nathan's stomach made her grip the underside of her chair with one hand. 

You know, they say everyone dies twice. Once when your body stops moving, and the second time when the last person you traumatized has their final disconcerting flashback to your amoral actions.

So I'm proud(?) to say that Lightwards is still very much with us in our hearts. :P

2 hours ago, Kobold King said:

The Belt sounds promising. :ph34r:

You know, they say everyone dies twice. Once when your body stops moving, and the second time when the last person you traumatized has their final disconcerting flashback to your amoral actions.

So I'm proud(?) to say that Lightwards is still very much with us in our hearts. :P

Mind if I steal that for a story or something? Because honestly, that's a very hot take. 

5 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Mind if I steal that for a story or something? Because honestly, that's a very hot take. 

Sure. After all, they say you die twice. Once when your body stops moving and the second time when the last person steals your dumb forum joke for their original story. :P

7 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

@The Young Pyromancer: Maybe I'm just horribly inattentive, but what is Victor doing in going to the stadium besides the fact that all the city's Epics are invited?

Viktor works for Blank.

Besides that, there are several contingency plans that rely on him being there.