The Metamorphosis: Rise of Villainry

Lord Meeker

Hellbent. Hellbent was his name. He turned, face full of rage. Then it became ice. Anthony smiles as he looks up at the sky. "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." Vortex hummed. Anthony stopped, looking around. I haven't... put life... before death. And felt his spren die. Goodbye Anthony. "NO!" His spren, which had been his constant companion... his spren was now dead. In the form of a battleaxe. He summoned it, and tried to lightweave. Nothing. He tried to soulcast. Nothing. "No..." He fell, crying. Tears flowed down his face. "I killed her..."

Tena understood what had happened immediately. She knelt down in front of Ani, silent. She could hear her spren whining somewhere in the back of her mind, and she begged it to speak, to speak to her. It didn't, conveying a feeling of sorrow. Tena blinked back tears. I miss you. Iffina gave a faint sense of agreement, and Tena rubbed at her eyes, then set her hand lightly on Anthony's shoulder, quietly knowing. She knew what that felt like. She'd caused the break between her and her spren, selfishly. If I could take it back, I would. I'm sorry, Iffina. I love you. More sorrow, pain. Tena scrubbed at her eyes, thinking, You weakling. Get yourself together, Tena. It's been twenty years. 

@Ark1002

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

10 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

He felt something strange.

...Something like affection! Geez, and here he was thinking he was the heartless monster of the bunch. Then he looked over at Sephtis and cringed. Probably not, actually.

"Must take some control," Tena muttered to herself, quietly. "Wish I had control. Gorram it, get yourself together, Tena." 

On 19/12/2018 at 1:19 PM, Sorana said:

Althea followed Max and quickly put on her sunglasses again.

"He's over there."

She told him and pointed to a figure walking towards a city in the distance. Then she concentrated on those in front of them, her face impassive to mask the fact that she had no idea what would be wise to do.

Then she reached out for Solace, used the link he had created. It was worth a try to see if she could use the like, too.

I need to thank you. I'm sure you won't believe me, but I need to thank you. And as I'm sure you're reading my thoughts by now, you'll see it's true.

Max looked to the distance where she pointed and saw the figure. Mentally communicating with her their plan, he went off, searching for a woman.

It had to be a specific woman, one that looked like the girlfriend Solace had had, at the time of the vision Max had saw. The woman he’d have to find would have to be similar. In build at least. He and Althea could work out the rest.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Max looked to the distance where she pointed and saw the figure. Mentally communicating with her their plan, he went off, searching for a woman.

It had to be a specific woman, one that looked like the girlfriend Solace had had, at the time of the vision Max had saw. The woman he’d have to find would have to be similar. In build at least. He and Althea could work out the rest.

Althea followed Max into the city. It took her a while, but then she discovered someone, that could fit their plan.

Max. Over here. Could you maybe render her unconcious? So that we can have her appear where we need her? I don't think he should see us changing her appearance.

15 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

He walked to Sephtis. "Sir, I'm ready when you are."

I thought he walked away towards the city? He can't do that while still holding the blades at her throat?

See your post quoted above.

Edited by Sorana

"I brought a couple poisons," said Toa, "but I don't know which one to use. What do you guys think?"

"The first poisin I brought,"

Spoiler

Toa pulled out a vial with a red liquid in it, "essentially prevents air from going to the lungs. This would make it seem like the victim is choking on something. If the target shows any form of force, this poison would make it seem like he ruptured her windpipe, or something like that.

"Next off,"

Spoiler

Toa protruded a vial with a clear liquid. "This one makes the skin react to force and heat. Not an and-or, but both at the same time. Basically, if you touch something warm, (i.e. Human skin, animal skin, etc.) it leaves a mark there, and than damages the persons brain cells, causing them to fall unconcious, and die short after. This would make it seem as if the target was too forceful to the girl, knocking her out and causing her to die. This only really works if the target is trying to be forceful, or has super strength.

"Lastly, I brought this mechanism called the pill-pod, which is a fabrial shaped like a hollow pill, pared with one I have right here. When I open this one, the other two will open as well, releasing whatever the contents of the pill may be."

Toa pocketed all the poisons and pill-pods. "The poisons I propose would be a combination of both. We use the red one first, and then, hopefully, when the target tries to get whatever the girl is 'choking' on, we use the clear one, making it seem as if he killed her with strength." "Any flaws in my plan?"

He took them back, but... if someone teleported behind you, had two shardblades inches from your throat, and said "Move another inch..." you wouldn't brush it off even if they left.

Yes. Except the run part.

Hellbent screamed, a guttural scream in his throat. He flew into the air. He still had two surges, both from spikes. Division and Gravitation. He flew, and when he was above the city, he activated his most powerful premade Aon. It was made in bloodforged firebringers lense, and was an Aon for fire, but amplified as much as physically possible. As it clicked, he felt something shift. It was drawing power in huge amounts. And it blasted, the lense killing below him, the flames washing over the city in torrents, the five houses directly below him melted to slag. He screamed, lashing himself downward, tapping healing, using his own body as an attack. He ripped through a wall of a building, killing the inhabitants. As the city burned, he ran through the streets, killing those who were escaping from their houses.

@AxeliustheGreat

Tena saw Hellbent. She watched for a moment, and then, without thinking at all, Compounded steel and ran superhumanly fast, grabbing Hellbent by the wrist and digging her thumb nail into one of the arteries, then Slicking his feet. She punched him in the shoulder with her other hand, sending him off his feet and onto his back. She kneeled on his chest-- being as small and heavy as she was had its advantages-- and pushed down on both of his shoulder with her hands. She found herself growling, "I won't let this happen again, I won't." Then she stopped herself, and told him, "I'm an Edgedancer, so I'm saving everyone you haven't killed yet, and I'm saving you. Is that clear?" 

A tad, but I'm fine with it.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"You mean the large gentleman who is currently destroying that city? Yup that's him."

That line was beautiful.

Hellbent snarled, as he fell, then realized what he was doing. He had decimated an innocent population for nothing. His thoughts turned further. He had ruin in his soul, corrupting him, killing him. And he was adding spikes on top of that. He had killed his wife, ripped out her heart. His daughter, the reason he had decided to get revenge on Harmony, his only relief in life, had been told he didn't love her. And he had meant it. He had caused a violent war, killed in Oasis, helped a pheonix attack innocents. Atticus was dead, and he had attakced people. His life... WHERE DID I GO WRONG? So wrong... Tears streaked his face. He reached down, and instead of attacking Tena, found himself gripping a spike. He tugged, blood spewing from the hole. He tapped gold, again and again  Quickly, he was out of gold. But he had three spikes left. I killed her... He grabbed the surge spike, pulling it out of his shoulder. Blood spewed out of the hole, and it didn't heal. But that could be replaced. Then he ripped out the Alleylantrain spike, out of his back. And finally, he had one spike left. The gold spike. His blood pooled on the ground, but he saw it. It went into his brain through the back of his skull. He wept. I killed my wife. I ruined countless lives. All the way back to the Seven Day War, I killed... Oh, I killed. Even before, I was a criminal. A terrible criminal, assault, murder, crimes worse, I violated human rights no sane person would pass. Yes... I deserve to die... He ripped the final spike out, and everything went dark.

@AxeliustheGreat