The Metamorphosis: Rise of Villainry

Lord Meeker

Toa stared as Hellbent ripped spike after spike from his body. Toa had heard things about Hellbent, heard he was a monster, heard that he was a menace, a threat to the Alleyverse itself, but watching him kill himself, pulling out his spikes, Toa knew that none of that was him. He watched as Hellbent died, not as the monster, not as the killer, but as himself.

Edited by BooksBeforeDeath

"No," Tena breathed. "No..." She forced as much Progression as she could into Anthony, a few tears dripping down her face. She tried to keep calm, but by the Sisters themselves, she would not let anyone else die. Growling, she realized her heartbeat had risen to a nearly dangerous level, and she tried to stop it from rising further. She was a gorram Edgedancer, she could gorram well save one idiot. "Anthony," she said slowly, "stay with me. Please. Don't die. Gods, don't die." Then... his heartbeat. It was back. She could feel it through her knees. Realizing that sitting on him probably wouldn't do him any favors, she edged off his chest and continued using up all her stormlight to heal the majority wounds. He was going to survive; he had to. 

@Ark1002

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

A man awoke, from... what? Had he been asleep? Who was he? He lay there, and that was the first thing he became aware of. He was laying somewhere. He opened his eyes, confused. And that was the second. He had eyes. A woman was there, crying, in a burning wreckage. And that was the third. His species. "Who... who am I?"

@AxeliustheGreat

Actually, none were. He's just having side effects of brain damage.

"Ani..." He smiled. And that was the fourth. He had emotions. "Anthony." A vague image came to him, a piece of metal, then it was gone, he could barely even remember. "What's an... essence spike?"

"Spikes of essence, I can only assume," Tena said flippantly. Then she winced. "Actually, I have no idea, sorry. Say, you were... uh... different before you tried to commit suicide. You think your personality'll mosey on back?" 

@Ark1002

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

"Suicide?" And there was another realization. The flaws of the species. He knew at least five things now. And then it hit him. Five memories. It had come from the number, he thought, somehow. Flash. He was a child, toddling along in the roughs. Flash. He was a man, and he was getting married. Flash. He was cradling the baby, crying slightly, and laughing. Flash. He spun his laughing daughter around, she had grown so well. I'm a father... He laughed, looking into her eyes. Flash. He cried as he looked at the wreckage. I will avenge them. I will do anything to get revenge on Harmony for this. He realized he was breathing heavily. "I know who I am. I am- I was a father. Harmony killed them, my wife and daughter. But I know who I am. I am Anthony Nightshade, a Scadrian. Those memories are enough for me." He looked around, moving his head only. "What is this place? Why is it burning?"

@AxeliustheGreat

"Oh no," Tena said sadly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Don't try to get revenge on Harmony for that. It wasn't his fault, Ruin killed your wife, and you are still a father. This place, is... um. Hopefully your memories'll come back soon. And I'm not going to tell you why it's burning." She said that last sentence quietly. 

Anthony now has five partial memories to base his life on. He'll get more, but it will be a slow process.

Anthony Nightshade stood, brushing himself off. He was covered in blood from head to toe, matting his hair, covering his face. Probably the suicide attempt. I wonder why I tried that... He attempted to walk away, past the wreckage, then stumbled, his knees starting to give out.

"Okay, I'll take you to my house," Tena replied, smiling at his compliment and grabbing her much-used Tia card out of her pocket and tapping it, teleporting her and Ani to her house. She stumbled him a few steps forward, into the house, and dropped him on the couch, taking a moment to breathe in the fresh, cool air. "By the Sisters, I love my house," Tena said, mostly to herself, glancing fondly at the various plants scattered about on shelves. Then she looked back at Ani and asked, "You like tacos?" 

@Ark1002

Tena strode over to her refrigerator and opened it, digging through ranks of somewhat-expired items until she found what she was looking for: a plastic wrap-covered plate with three tacos on it. She brought this out, slowly since she didn’t want to knock anything else over, and set it on the counter next to the fridge, then closed the door. She took the plastic wrap off the plate, chucked it into the nearby Soulcasting-bin, then opened the microwave and put the plate in there, closing the microwave after setting a countdown of two minutes. She waited those two minutes in front of her stove, glaring at one of the burners, then looked up sharply when the microwave made a high-pitched noise. She opened the door and brought out the tacos, wincing at the heat from the plate, then closed the microwave again and walked over to sit next to Ani.

To sum it all up: Tena reheated tacos from the fridge. 

She offered him a taco, one that wasn’t covered in ghost sauce, then began eating another.

@Ark1002

If Ani complimented her cooking out loud, she would probably kiss him. She thinks her cooking is awful, and Fangblade reinforced that for a long time.

“Nobody, really,” Tena said with a half-grin. “I met you, oh, seventeen or eighteen years ago on another planet. My name is Tena.” She paused. “I might be considered your friend. Which is weird, ‘cause of... how you were before. Doesn’t matter anymore.”

@Ark1002

“Yes,” Tena said shortly, handing him the last of the tacos on the plate, then standing up and walking back to her refrigerator. She looked through it for a moment, then sighed and took her last resort: the freezer. “I’d make you something decent,” Tena noted to Ani as she squatted down to open the door of the freezer, “But I haven’t gone to the grocery store lately. Sorry.” She brought out a frozen pizza out of the freezer, immediately putting it in her oven and setting the temp, then going to sit down next to Ani. Gods, I’m tired, was her last thought before falling asleep.

She awoke twenty minutes later to a beeping from her oven. “Oh, shut up,” she told it without opening her eyes, then opened them and noticed she had been resting her head on Ani’s shoulder. Tena stood up briskly, a weird, unrecognizable feeling welling up in her, and walked over to the oven, turning it off and getting out the pizza. She was rather ravenous, and waited impatiently for the food to cool down enough. When it was done, she picked it up and set it on the coffee table, then sat down again next to Ani and grinned at him. “Bet you weren’t expecting me to play the accommodating housewife, were you? Turns out, I’m not married, so I’m not a housewife!” She picked up a slice of the still-sizzling pizza and shoved it in her mouth.

@Ark1002

Anthony Nightshade looked at Tena. She had fallen asleep, and he hadn't known what to do, so he just ate his tacos and let her sleep with her head on his shoulder. Reminds me of something, I don't know what... He smiled, grabbing a piece and shoving it in his mouth.

Edited by Ark1002
Typo

41 minutes ago, BooksBeforeDeath said:

Toa stood there, being ignored. 

I've been asleep...

Althea nodded at Toa.

"They both could work, depending on the situation. How fast can react to how he will try to save her? Do you need to decide now, or can you react to what he does?"

Turning to Max she gestured at Toa.

"This Toa. Toa meet Max. Max, he's the one we talked about."

For Toa's sake she repeated what she had told Max earlier.

"I think that woman over there could work. We need to incapacitate her, then I can go to work."

@I think I am here.