The Metamorphosis: Rise of Villainry

Lord Meeker

Um... okay. Also, do not make Silas show up. Can you imagine the introductions?

Silas: Oh hey Mom, who's this?

Tena: This my new... boyfriend? I think. His name is Anthony Nightshade.

Silas: He's Ambrosia's father, right?

Tena: Yeah.

Silas: OMG MOM WHY YOU DO THIS?!

Lol, that was great to read.

The old Hellbent actually did run a mafia on the Alcatraz earth, and one on the Reckoner's...

He was a really big criminal. Someday I'll write a book titled "The crimes of Hellbent", it'll be as big as Oathbringer... :P

Anthony quickly changed into the clothes, which were a bit small. They choked his neck some, and didn't quite cover his arms or legs as well as they should, but they worked. At least for now. He looked down, taking in the black shirt, the blue jeans, and the still bloody shoes. A flash came to him, and a strange memory of himself, shirtless, wearing an armor equivalent of a skirt, and boots and gauntlets, all blood red with strange purple lines, looking down at himself the same way. It left quickly, and he was left with a vague image. I wonder where that came from... was that my attire? What did I do as a job? He scratched at the top, then walked out to where Tena was. The pizza was ready, so he grabbed some out of the oven, then stuffed it in his mouth. Anthony grinned as it sizzled, then attempted to speak. "I'b sqiull brungwy, bre swould bwro qo qwidgerismoo." He blushed slightly, then finished chewing and swallowed. "I'm still hungry, so we could go to DIDGERIDOO." He scratched at his neck again. "I hear it's a good place to go on a date," he finished awkwardly. Then he sat down with a thump.

One person in my house, walking by a room with another person in it: When did Columbus sail the ocean blue?

Person in the room: Fourteen ninety-two.

"You are such a darling," Tena said, kissing Ani on the cheek and smiling at him. "Hmm," she said quietly, digging through her pack again and finding a card to Einladung Hospital, then swinging the pack back on. She pulled Ani to his feet, then held his hand and tapped the card with her other one.

9 hours ago, BooksBeforeDeath said:

Toa looked up at Solace, glaring. "How could you do this? Why would you do this?"

@Ookla the Meeker @Sorana

Althea stood on the rooftop, looked at the flames consuming the houses, listened to the screams echoing through the streets. The woman was choking in front of her, Toa played his role.

"You can go, if you want to."

She told Toa, offered him a way out of the burning city, of the destruction. She knew it were mere seconds that had passed, that it would maybe be a minute until Solace realized what happened and yet it felt like these seconds lasted an eternity. She looked over at Max, his armor mirrored the flames. He told her, he wanted to stay with her. The memory warmed her, guided her thoughts away from the city, and although it was dangerous she allowed it. He wouldn't leave her, he wanted to stay by her side. He hadn't turned away when Solace had messed with her mind, when she hadn't recognized him anymore. Althea looked back at Solace, slowly realizing that she had no idea how he would react. They had a guess, but it was a guess, no fact. If he killed them, if he killed Max... She cut the thought of there, it was too painful to even consider loosing him a second time. If Solace killed her, if she died without touching Max once, him not his armor, without knowing how his hair felt under her fingers, how his lips... She cut that thought off, too. It would be so easy, tell Brashen to observe Solace, take a step towards Max, ignore the city and the situation and lift her head to his. The thought alone was enough to let her heart beat faster and for a moment she was almost surprised how easily her emotions  turned her thoughts  to a useless pudding, that stopped her from concentrating and at the same time made her stronger, gave her hope. She took the step towards Max, only to loose all courage between lifting one foot and setting it down again. Instead she turned back to Solace, anxiously waited for his reaction, feared the moment he would proove them wrong almost as much as the moment he prooved them right.

Without lifting her eyes from Solace her fingers brushed over Max arm, his armor cold under her fingers, knowing that while he might notice, he wouldn't feel it. And yet, she couldn't bring herself to do more, not even to adress him again, unsure what he expected of her, unsure what she herself expected of her own actions, what she should do when, if it was right to always say later, later, when she didn't even knew if there was a later. Her reaction to him confused her, how easily he distracted her from the task at hand, how she suddenly felt like a blushing teen again, how much his opinion mattered to her. And so she stayed where she was, treassured the fact that he was there, that she wasn't alone and tried to concentrate on the task at hand, hoped that she would have the time, that there would be a later for them.

Edited by Sorana

Sephtis cried out. He ran and caught the body as it fell. 

"You shouldn't be here! It should be physically impossible! I erased your memory of me! Tell he how you brought her here!" Sephtis demanded bringing revolvers to bear. 

Edited by Ookla the Meeker

2 hours ago, Ookla the Meeker said:

Sephtis cried out. He ran and caught the body as it fell. 

"You shouldn't be here! It should be physically impossible! I erased your memory of me! Tell he how you brought her here!" Sephtis demanded bringing revolvers to bear. 

Max heard a small sound to his side, and turned. Althea was brushing her fingers over his arm. He smiled, and looked forwards again. He stilled, unsure what to say, just letting it continue, the comfort. This would be the only time they would have together until Solace came. Then, their future would all rely on whether they got the weakness right.

But they had this moment, and Max let it happen, enjoying it.

A cry sounded from below and Max looked down, seeing Solace rush over the fallen body of the woman. He demanded how they'd brought her here, he'd claimed he'd removed her memory, he appeared distressed and angry. But one thing stood out, one thing that, if anything, might have implied they were correct.

He brought out his revolvers, he said to Althea, a whisper. All of his time facing us and being an epic, he's never brought out his revolvers. And why would he need to? He has immense power. But, if he's doing it now...

Activating Aons around his body, Max stepped off the building and flared his durability Aons, plummeting and making a dent in the pavement, standing up unscathed. All he had to do was not hit his head, he no longer had the helm for that.

Raising a hand he enveloped Solace and him in a forcefield, so that none of Solace's forces could intervene. And if they'd really activated Solace's weakness, he wouldn't be able to escape.

"Solace," he said, stepping forward, looking to the body of the woman.

"You caused her death. How do you feel?"

2 hours ago, Lord Meeker said:

"I feel nothing! I didn't cause this! You did by bringing her here!" Sephtis screamed. "I will kill you to avenge her. Tell me why I couldnt feel her mind before she died. I should have felt it!"

Max took a deep breath and stepped forward. He was slightly shaking.

"We had Copperclouds stationed around the building," he said slowly. A lie, but hopefully Solace's distress wouldn't allow him to see that. "Their Allomancy prevented you from sensing her."

He took another step forward. Solace had said he would kill Max. But if the weakness was really activated, could he?

"You did this," he said with a firmer voice, and an accusatory tone. Perhaps he could make Solace crack under the pressure. "If you hadn't tried protecting her, if you'd just let her fall, then we wouldn't be in this situation. If you hadn't let your darkness consume you, the love of your life wouldn't have strangulated in front of your eyes. So don't say it was my fault, or Althea's, or even that Toa kid's, because it's not, it's yours. You are the cause of this."

He took a third step and rested a hand on Solace's shoulder. "Fight it." He said. "The darkness, the fear that whoever you protect only gets killed. You've seen it. You tried to protect her, and so she had to endure a slow, painful suffocation instead for a quick fall. Your greatest fear is coming to life. Now don't let it take over. It's the only way."

Immediately he began furiously Rioting Solace, enhancing it to extremes with Nicrosilminds. He Rioted bravery, courage, fearlessness.

Edited by I think I am here.

Of course, Toa can circle back.

Althea followed Max down the building, using transportation for arrive savely. She let him do the talking, he found the right words, there was no need for her to add something. Instead she stayed close, readied herself to act.

Three people appeared from Shadesmar. A man dressed in a brown overcoat with the collar flipped up. He wore leather military riding boots. His white hair was slicked back. The second was just a bizarre creature with horns jutting out of a horse skull with skinny pulled tight over it. The creature was dressed in a butlers uniform. The third welded a shardblade and uniformly boring. 

"Solace my dear friend. This was just an elaborate ruse to engage your weakness. I am ashamed it worked." The newcomer said. 

With a wave of his hand the shardholder's head toppled from his neck. 

"Investiture. I hate the very form of it."

Althea observed the three, then two and reached out for Max. Force someone to take them here and then kill him. Obviously he didn't hate investiture enough to not use it.

Take Solace and flee? Or use them to show him, that you can protect without anything bad happening? It's your call - if they really want to fight I won't be able to do more than support you.

"Who are you?"

She asked loudly, her face controlled, not reacting at the murder.

@I think I am here.  I am totally fine if this ends in a fight, you can decide whatever you want to. I simply felt like Althea would leave the desicion to Max.

@I think I am here.

@Lord Meeker