The Chat Thread

Archer

Also, how do we decide on which settings to use? I know some people are interested in a sci-fi universe, and I've also created a basic setting for a magical girl type universe (not entirely sure why though). Perhaps it would be a good idea to have other people suggest settings as well, so that when we do the test run we'll be using settings people are interested in using?

10 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Can we just vote first?

I would think the purpose of a trial was so that people can have a more accurate idea of what they're voting for but sure, we can have a pre-vote I guess.

For the record, the previous poll of approval of Destiny content was defeated with 14 Noes vs. 4 Yes'

EDIT: Poll is up, if anyone has any additional suggestions or wants to change their votes please let me know.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Do we need to create a new character, or can we use one of the ones we already have?

I'd like to give it a try.

Existing characters can be used, if we decide not to continue after trialing it for a while they can immediately return to the Alleyverse, if we want to adopt it as a permanent setting though then the preference would be that the character stays primarily in that setting rather than the existing one.

20 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I feel like the option to select multiple choices would be better for this type of poll, rather than make everyone only pick one.

Given that we're only aiming for a few settings I was hoping to limit it more like this but a few people have expressed the preference so I'll reset the poll and add the previous votes back afterwards, hopefully this should allow those who have already voted to continue to do so.

EDIT: Have reverted poll to a multiple choice, I've already added the results for people who had already voted for a single result so try to avoid revoting for what you already voted for but if I notice anyone has done so I'll revert it back.

Results before the change: 11 votes total - 1 No expanded setting, 1 Sci-Fi, 1 Noir, 1 Wild West, 3 Horror, 4 Classical Fantasy

I think we can call it at this point, majority of active members have voted and the rankings have been pretty consistent.

Top three results: Classical Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi

I think three is a reasonable number of new threads, not enough to start overshadowing what's going on in existing e3 plots but enough that we can get an idea of the potential diversity on offer.

Now I'd like to take on the task of setting up the horror thread personally because I've had some plans for a while. So I'll make a thread shortly and get some feedback from people on what they want out of it. (For that one at least I'd rather not go into specifics of plot, given that a large portion of what makes horror horror is the unknown)

For the other two (Classical fantasy and sci-fi) can I get some people to volunteer to kick off the worldbuilding, collate ideas and develop plots, and manage the thread? I think if we have a few different people working on them then we'll have a wider offering available.

2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

More than happy to help plot and worldbuild for the fantasy thread! Zero experience running something like that, but lots of experience plotting/worldbuilding. :) 

Same. Even if my idea gets shot down, there's nothing I like better than worldbuilding.

46 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Now I'd like to take on the task of setting up the horror thread personally because I've had some plans for a while. So I'll make a thread shortly and get some feedback from people on what they want out of it. (For that one at least I'd rather not go into specifics of plot, given that a large portion of what makes horror horror is the unknown)

AGH NO I WANT TO DO HORROR

Edit: Sorry about the double post

Edited by Ark1002

Multiple people can submit ideas to mods, and then they can select the best one among themselves maybe, seeing as there seems to be a lot of interest.

@Dr. Dapper I’d be willing to work on   Sci Finit with you.

Also, I know Horror is taken, but I would love to make a weird horror plot (weird as in the genre)

Edited by Snipexe

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

I can do sci-fi. Although I'll need some input. Do we want hard sci-fi or more handwavy? Cyberpunk or space oprea? 

I have an idea that I could modify based on what everyone wants.

Space opera, and I will do it with you, or I will kill you and take over. Your choice.

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

Multiple people can submit ideas to mods, and then they can select the best one among themselves maybe, seeing as there seems to be a lot of interest.

@Dr. Dapper I’d be willing to work on   Sci Finit with you.

Also, I know Horror is taken, but I would love to make a weird horror plot (weird as in the genre)

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

I need to do horror

Subplots can develop or once we've finished the trial then new settings may be possible.

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

I’d prefer to do a cyberpunk plot. 

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Space opera, and I will do it with you, or I will kill you and take over. Your choice.

I think we could compromise.

So the idea I had... In a star system somewhere, there is a Jovian planet within the habiable zone. Now obviously the Jovian istelf isn't habitable, but the moons are. 

You see where I'm going? We could have huge cities that cover the face of an entire moon, and habitable, but unexplored moons as well. So basically: Space in orbit of yet-unnamed-Jovian can be space opera. On the face of some moons could be cyberpunk.