11 hours ago, Kidpen said:

@Sazedezas, that Bloodlight post was really good.

Really? Thanks!

@Hemalurgic Headshot, just a quick note: Arachnerd's clothing is almost entirely black. The only white she wears is the rims of her glasses, the leather of her purse, and her shoes, since they don't actually touch her skin and are not entirely fibrous anyway. Just making sure we're on the same page.

12 hours ago, winter devotion said:

It’s the final post. 

Anyway, the next post with the MV/Liam/Kokichi situation should probably start with “It was so totally not awesome” and they all just turned the corner to see the Impact VS Quietus fight.

Well, that would be interesting. Epoch would probably freak the heck out when seemingly unrelated epics keep on swarming the same checkpoint :P

14 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

EDIT: Would border patrol confiscate a handgun or just take note of it or what?

They might take note of it, but really only care about a gun that is unusually high quality / expensive.

Also, they perform random searches (or not so random, in Jacklyn's case), but they probably wouldn't spot a concealed handgun in the first place unless they randomly chose to search that person.

Edited by Drake Marshall

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Out of curiousity, what are the limits to the amount of momentum MV is capable of shifting?

(I'm assuming this a thing because otherwise she could shift the earth's rotation and destroy planets)

There isn't one, but the earth is the reference point so she can't use that. She could use a cloud though and be pretty capable of city-level destruction.

2 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

Really? Thanks!

@Hemalurgic Headshot, just a quick note: Arachnerd's clothing is almost entirely black. The only white she wears is the rims of her glasses, the leather of her purse, and her shoes, since they don't actually touch her skin and are not entirely fibrous anyway. Just making sure we're on the same page.

Okay, good to know. How does she know his powers?

6 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Which one?

I’m thinking of changing Kokichi’s weakness to being called butterfly. It’d work thematically and it’d allow the possibility of redemption, as there’s no chance of them facing their fear of Florida while in Canada.

Maybe if someone has one of those Florida fridge magnets?

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Probably a Spyder.

36 minutes ago, Voidus said:

There isn't one, but the earth is the reference point so she can't use that. She could use a cloud though and be pretty capable of city-level destruction.

I'm fine with an epic that can singlehandedly destroy a city if other peoples are fine with that, but I have two concerns:

• If reference point is the only restriction, then she can still see the Moon / Venus / stars / other celestial objects, and these objects do have a quite significant relative velocity to the earth. Even if she could not directly transfer these to the earth itself, transfering that much energy to basically any object located in her vicinity could still spectacularly destroy the planet, not to mention wreaking cosmic levels of havoc on whatever celestial body she shifted momentum from.
  • The few epic powers that could quickly destroy a city all have caveats. Even Obliteration needs to spend weeks soaking up heat before he can level a city, whereas this sounds significantly less restricted. The cloud-shifting technique could be performed near instantly, relatively effortlessly, and from a safe distance, by sending a large heavy object flying towards the city (note also that on a smaller scale, she could also quickly kill most high epics, since the books mention that city-destroying levels of power such as nuclear bombs can kill most high epics). This possibly sounds like it could be significantly more dangerous than the most destructive epic powers seen or talked about in the Reckoners books.

23 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I'm fine with an epic that can singlehandedly destroy a city if other peoples are fine with that, but I have two concerns:

• If reference point is the only restriction, then she can still see the Moon / Venus / stars / other celestial objects, and these objects do have a quite significant relative velocity to the earth. Even if she could not directly transfer these to the earth itself, transfering that much energy to basically any object located in her vicinity could still spectacularly destroy the planet, not to mention wreaking cosmic levels of havoc on whatever celestial body she shifted momentum from.
  • The few epic powers that could quickly destroy a city all have caveats. Even Obliteration needs to spend weeks soaking up heat before he can level a city, whereas this sounds significantly less restricted. The cloud-shifting technique could be performed near instantly, relatively effortlessly, and from a safe distance, by sending a large heavy object flying towards the city (note also that on a smaller scale, she could also quickly kill most high epics, since the books mention that city-destroying levels of power such as nuclear bombs can kill most high epics). This possibly sounds like it could be significantly more dangerous than the most destructive epic powers seen or talked about in the Reckoners books.

Well, clouds aren't really an object, more like a bunch of small particles moving in the generally same direction, and since MV can't see each individual particle, I'd say that wouldn't work.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

The only way I see that triggering is if Jacklyn's power compels her to go a "big sister/mother" route with him.

Them.

Maybe. That seems like a good idea, but how would we get them together? The trio the van’s got going now seems pretty solid, though I’d be up for increasing it to a five person band.

12 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Maybe. That seems like a good idea, but how would we get them together? The trio the van’s got going now seems pretty solid, though I’d be up for increasing it to a five person band.

Drake and I are working on a colab post because they are getting so short, so you will see eventually (if that ends up being possible)

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Drake and I are working on a colab post because they are getting so short, so you will see eventually (if that ends up being possible)

It’ll probably be a while before Jacklyn and the Van Squad — I’m going to call us the Van Squad from now on— meet anyway.

You know, them appearing next to the fight is going to mean Kokichi and Quietus interactions. They’re not going to trust like that at all.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

If they appear there Epoch is going to be EVEN HARDER to convince that this isn't a huge coincidence.  And after they arrive a guy who looks like THIS is going to poof out of nowhere.download.jpg.56d2202aa25bb6764867b5772cb5a16d.jpg  Actually, this is going to be Blank's image from now on.  I'll fix it retroactively later.

But it is a huge coincidence? 

So the "Van Fam" is heading downtown right now, because that's where Megan thinks her sister is. It also coincides with where Delough is supposed to be, so Liam is fine with taking her along--kind of. @Voidus do you want to follow up Kokichi's post with a "real time" response, or can I just ahead a few minutes to get the van back on the road?

Also, @Comatose, where is the refugee group right now? The map link has the route from Oregon leading right into downtown, up past Typhon's territory. Are they near enough that the Van Fam might run into them?

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot

10 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

So the "Van Fam" is heading downtown right now, because that's where Megan thinks her sister is. It also coincides with where Delough is supposed to be, so Liam is fine with taking her along--kind of. @Voidus do you want to follow up Kokichi's post with a "real time" response, or can I just ahead a few minutes to get the van back on the road?

Also, @Comatose, where is the refugee group right now? The map link has the route from Oregon leading right into downtown, up past Typhon's territory. Are they near enough that the Van Fam might run into them?

Sorry if I didn’t make this clear, but they basically instantly turned the corner (in the car) to right where the fight is or at least a few blocks off after Kokichi said that. 

10 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Sorry if I didn’t make this clear, but they basically instantly turned the corner (in the car) to right where the fight is or at least a few blocks off after Kokichi said that. 

Oh. Wow. Liam is not prepared for this. Oh no. Well then.

10 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Oh. Wow. Liam is not prepared for this. Oh no. Well then.

*shades descend as two Epics and one unprepared dude roll into down town*

one has a mental breakdown

the other isn’t far behind as quietus reminds them of someone 

and the last one is Liam

31 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

*shades descend as two Epics and one unprepared dude roll into down town*

one has a mental breakdown

the other isn’t far behind as quietus reminds them of someone 

and the last one is Liam

Well hopefully I can help with that.  Maybe.

Blank might help the Vanfam, if just to mess with Epoch.  Doubletake dying has made it so their neutrality is a lot less of an issue.

10 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

If you read her previous post, you'll see that she tagged a Spyder onto him after it saw his fight with the po-po, as well as one on Kokichi. She's getting a really weird feed from Kokichi, and hasn't been paying much attention to Riley, but then she saw herself and freaked out. She doesn't know how they work, though, as she made clear, just a vague note that they're thermal. The rest are watching boarders, except for the one at ERA that she's too tired to understand and the one she left at the Fence. Funny thing is, her boarder watch is mostly useless anyway, due to fast-zones.