Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

51 minutes ago, Skullduggery said:

So does the Nightwatcher have any limits on her boon/bane that a character can have?

There certainly are limits but there's no easy line in the sand I could point to, part of it is going to be based on not having an OP character though rather than necessarily limitations of the Nightwatcher (Of which we don't really know) so if you said that your Boon was holding the Shard of Cultivation then that'd be a firm no.

Name: Kadrix (Yeah he was named after one the islands)

Physical Characteristics: 15 years old male, long black hair, tanned skin, round face, small for his age, body of someone that both rides and swim a lot.

Investiture: He has been to the Nightwatcher. 

Skills: Kadrix is smarter than most people of his age, he is quite a skilled greatshell rider for his age. He has a talent for speaking that comes from him listening to the merchants that sail to the Reshi Isles to trade.

Equipment: Nothing important

Weakness: Simple said, not cosmere-aware. He is a terrible fighter, because that isn't really something people of the Reshi Isles do, he is quite young, he has a problem controlling his emotions, especially when someone talks about his height. He knows only how to speak Reshi. 

Family: Kadrix's father is a greatshell rider, his mother is a worldhopper from Sel that disappered when he was born.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Kadrix was abanonded by his worldhopper mother when he was born and thus his father was forced to raise him by himself. As a child he often spied on those that came to visit, mostly for the faint hope one of them could be his mother, but instead learned other stuff while also being taught how to ride greatshells by his father. When he grew older he decided to visit the Nightwatcher for one, single reason. He wanted to know if this mighty Godspren he had heard so much about had a limit and thus he asked for the strongest boon she could give.

Guild:Unaffiliated

Psyche: Bold and Curious.

Personality: Kadrix thinks of himself as a great explorer, wanting to discover everything the world has to offer. Like most Reshi he tries to avoid conflict as he much more prefer relaxing. 

Appearance:  N/A

Theme Song: N/A

Fighting Style: N/A

Edited by Skullduggery

Okay, I'm going to try and score this character. 

Spoiler

Name: Kadrix (Yeah he was named after one the islands)

Physical Characteristics: 15 years old male, long black hair, tanned skin, round face, small for his age, body of someone that both rides and swim a lot.

Investiture: Kadrix is a twinborn, a Slider/Soulbearer (+95). He has also been to the Nightwatcher (+?, details needed). He has also sworn the first ideal of the Knights Radiant, taking his first steps to become a full fledged Knight Radiant (+90, details needed).

Skills: Kadrix is smarter than most people of his age (+15), he is quite a skilled greatshell rider for his age (+5). He has a talent for speaking that comes from him listening to the merchants that sail to the Reshi Isles to trade (+10).

Equipment

Weakness: Simple said, not cosmere-aware. Has no idea that he is a twinborn (-75). He is a terrible fighter (-10), because that isn't really something people of the Reshi Isles do, he is quite young, he has a problem controlling his emotions (-10), especially when someone talks about his height. He knows only how to speak Reshi (-20)

Family: Kadrix's father was a greatshell rider before he died, his mother was a worldhopper from Scadrial that disappeared when he was born.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Kadrix was abandoned by his worldhopper mother when he was born and thus his father was forced to raise him by himself. As a child he often spied on those that came to visit, mostly for the faint hope one of them could be his mother, but instead learned other stuff while also being taught how to ride greatshells by his father. When his father died, Kadrix was filled with grief and rode his father's Yu-nerig across the world to the Nightwatcher for the Boon that would resurrect him, but since the Nightwatcher couldn't do that Kadrix then instead asked for the grandest, most powerful boon she could ever give someone which she did give him. Later through a series of rapid events that he fully hasn't understand he ended up in the Alleyverse.

Guild:Unaffiliated

Psyche: Bold and Curious.

Personality: Kadrix thinks of himself as a great explorer, wanting to discover everything the world has to offer. Like most Reshi he tries to avoid conflict as he much more prefer relaxing. 

Appearance:  N/A

Theme Song: N/A

Fighting Style: N/A

Total: ?

@Skullduggery, this bio can't be correctly scored without knowing what his Nightwatcher boon/bane is, how broken he is, and what Order he is (also, I recommend adding details about his breaking and Radiant-hood into his backstory). 

1 minute ago, Skullduggery said:

Too be honest I don't know what the Boon/Bane should be. How does someone even decide that. The reason I added it was because whatever I came up with (or someone suggested) it would be quite unique.

Normally you'd use something that fits with the character's personality or backstory. Generally it's good to balance boons with banes though, to prevent the boon from being much stronger than the bane. Given what he wished for I guess he'll get something really powerful but with a really problematic bane (and given some past boons we've had in the RP getting the strongest boon would likely be completely overpowered). Another option is that he'll get something that is really difficult to accomplish for the Nightwatcher but doesn't give much benefit. The character can't really get approved before you've decided on this though.

You also mentioned that he can't speak any language other than Reshi. How would this work for him? The issue is that the alleyverse has some form of translation effect applied to people who arrive there. This translation effect doesn't always work (in the case it's important for the character), but if they don't you'll have the problem that you can't talk to any of the other characters, unless you mitigate this by giving him a translation amulet.

4 minutes ago, kenod said:

You also mentioned that he can't speak any language other than Reshi. How would this work for him? The issue is that the alleyverse has some form of translation effect applied to people who arrive there. This translation effect doesn't always work (in the case it's important for the character), but if they don't you'll have the problem that you can't talk to any of the other characters, unless you mitigate this by giving him a translation amulet.

It is meant to make the start of his cosmere/alleyverse harder. 

2 minutes ago, Skullduggery said:

What kind of boons have been given?

A lot, though it might be best to ignore the Era 1 (and some Era 2) boons, because of how game-breaking they are. Some of the more noticeable ones are Laurelai's (forging without soulstamps, bane has random investure effects happen after forging something) and the Haunt (made immortal but turned into a spren as a bane, can't interfere that much with the world and is hard to see).

11 minutes ago, Skullduggery said:

It is meant to make the start of his cosmere/alleyverse harder. 

Alright. For how long are you planning to make it last though? It doesn't seem like the type of thing you can keep up for long, because the lack of communication will make interacting with other characters rather difficult.

13 minutes ago, Skullduggery said:

So from a certain point I think it has been revealed The Nightwatcher Boon is all about change atleast. 

Wait, can Bondsmiths be created?

Not really, nightwatcher boons can be other things as well, such as receiving an object or having your memory altered. Those particular boons just stood out. Investure granting boons have been used too.

As for Bondsmiths, I'd say creating one would be outside the Nightwatcher's scope (though Cultivation might be able to do it?). The reason for this is that creating a new Bondsmith likely requires a godspren or something similar, which I don't think the Nightwatcher can create (you might want a mod's opinion on this). Of course, the Nightwatcher might be able to bond someone and make them a Bondsmith, but I'm not sure how well that'd work, given that it'll still require the right personality for swearing the oaths. Also, it might fall under the same rule as limiting character interactions with canonical characters, because of how future book releases can mess stuff up, such as a canonical character binding the Nightwatcher in SA 4 and us having to decide if that is canon in the alleyverse, and what'd happen with the alleyverse character who has bonded the spren as well.

Yeah bonding with the Nightwatcher would be problematic given that they need to remain on Roshar and I don't think you could leave your spren on another world and still have access to your surges.

If someone has a minute, and / or is editing the character post, could you please cross out Damaya? She didn't die, but as The other side of the world follow up plot never happened this era, I won't play her anymore. I'll write an ending scene sometime these days and have her live her life in peace.

Edited by Sorana

12 minutes ago, Sorana said:

If someone has a minute, and / or is editing the character post, could you please cross out Damaya? She didn't die, but as The other side of the world follow up plot never happened this era, I won't play her anymore. I'll write an ending scene sometime these days and have her live her life in peace.

Yep.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:00 AM, bees? said:

AHEM. I have finished Allak's revised character sheet.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Allakn-Isal, Master Allak, or simply Allak for those close to him, formerly Frightgore the Terrifying, Alek, and originally Shinnar. His aliases include Overture, Hesseri Alaenist, and many others.

Appearance: Allak stands near eight feet tall (7’10”, to be precise), with an incredibly imposing figure, and has faint black Singer marbling patterns that run throughout his body. As the god of fear, he naturally appears to tower over all around him, even when they are much taller than him. His hair is a black-purple color, and naturally flows behind him and  slightly upward, as if he were slowly falling downward on his stomach. Due to the stormform transformation, he has numerous grey chitin spikes emerging through his skin in various areas, such as on his shins, behind his ears, and on the backs of his arms. Allak’s irises are a lighteyed blue on the outer layer, and on the inner layer, they are a glowing red with a square pupil. When he goes into a rage, a red skull forms on his face, and the angrier he is, the more defined and less muted color-wise the skull design is.

Investiture:

• Returned.

• Dual Nicrosil (Gravitation) spikes.

• Gemheart spike (I don’t know what material this would be).

• Stormform.

• Two zinc spikes.

• One steel (linchpin) spike.

• Two copper spikes, one containing the combat knowledge of a skilled assassin (25 points) and the other holding the knowledge of a Hemalurgic genius (65 points, but is also the cause of his insanity).

• Synthetic Thrill: Allak managed to create a “Thrill” of sorts, which only affects him and those with his viral strand of sDNA (the one he implants into his family members), and the ‘SynThrill’ will spread to all with that strand whenever any one of them feels it, driving them to kill.

Skills: Allak Returned 6,173 years ago (although he’d tell you it was actually 5,022 years) and as such he is skilled in many things, whether it is playing the piano or dual Shardblade wielding. He also enjoys the machinations of high society and is incredibly cunning. Along with the skills related to murder and politics, Allak is a Spiritual Geneticist, and he searches for ways to cause changes in the spiritweb through means other than Hemalurgy, such as spiritual parasites. Finally, he speaks many languages and plays many instruments with inhuman skill.

Equipment: Allak has a Shardblade, which was a corrupted Ashspren in life, and when he summons it, instead of dripping water, it drips with blood. After being altered to become a part of his spiritweb (summonable sans gemstone), and due to the changes issued from his Hemalurgic transformation, the Blade can split in two. He also has red leather armor, Awakened to protect Allak and harm anyone else who wears it.

Weakness: Allak is, as mentioned before, completely insane. Also, while he is under the SynThrill, he is less intelligent and heals far slower. Along with those two weaknesses, he has difficulty hurting those he  a) sees as equals, whether judged by power or otherwise or B) has affection for. So if you run into him, try battling him in games of wits or anywhere else you are likely to succeed. His affection is rarely given. Allak thinks that ranged weapons are dishonorable, and, when dueling an honorable opponent,  will never strike them down through anything but his hands, not even using a Shardblade to finish them.

Family: His original family is long deceased, but his wife, who is also a Returned and spiked like him is always near him, and his eighteen children, none of whom are biological, are spiked like unto their parents, all dual-Surged, holding Forms of Power, and containing a Divine Breath.

Home Planet: Nalthis.

Backstory: Shinnar was born in Hallandren to a very poor family, and he barely survived his first week alive. While Shinnar grew up, he began working as hired muscle for a small gang, and to protect his family, he changed his name to Alek. Alek began realizing the consequences of his actions, and when one of his employers’ schemes, which he helped to carry out, put the life of a small family in danger, he rushed in to protect them from the rival gangs of the area. He helped them escape, but not before he was beaten to death. However, he Returned. Frightgore the Terrifying was feared among the Court of Gods, but while he appeared to many as a strict demon, he was merciful to his devoted followers. His followers were few, but they were loyal to him, in many cases because of the protection he offered to the weaker of his worshippers. Eventually, after becoming engaged in a relationship with one of his fellow gods, Slyheart the Alluring, he met a worldhopping traveler from First of the Sun, who offered to take Frightgore and Slyheart away from the petty courts, an offer they both accepted, having gained enough Breath to live out the rest of their days in peace. While on First of the Sun, Frightgore managed to bond an Aviar, who he named Yxares. After living near thirty years on First of the Sun, the worldhopper asked if the Returned pair would like to be taken to a world where Investiture could be taken from one person and given to another, allowing for power to be transferred with ease. Frightgore agreed, and journeyed to Scadrial with his wife, where they each spiked the intelligence out of two people each, Frightgore stealing the knowledge of a master criminal fighter and a Hemalurgist. Afterwards, bringing along a collection of spikes, Frightgore and Slyheart traveled to Roshar, due to hearing tales of the mystical Surges, gaining dual Surges and Forms of Power, with Frightgore gaining stormform and dual Gravitation, one from a Windrunner and one from a Skybreaker, and Slyheart gained envoyform along with dual Illumination, from a Lightweaver and a Truthwatcher. At this point, they decided that new names were in order, Frightgore taking the name Allakn-Isal, and Slyheart taking the name Ileya-Isal. After living many years on Roshar, Ileya and Allak heard a rumor of a place full of all Investitures and of things beyond, such as Silimatic technologies and Epic Powers. Allak resided there until after the Seven Day War, when the Boundless Worlds opened up, and he moved into one such realm. After accepting Silas as his student, he realized that Silas would make the most fearsome of any of Allak’s children, so he infected Silas with a strain of his own mutated sDNA, preparing him for the Hemalurgic transformation. However, Silas declined the procedure, but Allak has been watching and waiting ever since...

Guild: Allak was once a hiree of the Bureau of Villainy, but he now sees them as weaklings who can only summon those of greater power to help them. Currently unaffiliated.

Psyche: Absolutely storming insane. He enjoys causing others pain, and while he is an incredibly empathetic person, he enjoys blocking himself off emotionally from those in pain and watching them suffer. For this reason, he will kill all family members and friends of his ‘children’ solely so that they can go through such emotional agony, which he sees as a gift and one of the only ways love can truly be shown to another.

Alignment: Chaotic Evil.

Intended Threat Level: While he does enjoy destruction, he also enjoys life and creation, and as such, he only wishes to rule, not annihilate. On a scale from 1-100, I would put him at a 60.

Story purpose: Allak is not going to be a large villain. He is mostly here because all of my characters connect to him through some form or another, and as such he creates a web of intricate details. He is going to a) become a background character or B) die once Era Three finishes.

Benefit: He’s just a kind of fun and flamboyant character, who would serve to lighten up the dark gloom of the recent time in the Alleyverse. Everything is just so unhappy and “this is the sad stuff we will talk about now”, you know?

Modus Operandi: Allak sends his children to operate on missions for himself. His children are all like him in the way that they are all Returned, have Divine Breath or shade spikes and two of the same Surge spiked into them

Theme Song: Così Fan Tutte: Overture

So with 18 votes and a fair amount of time allowed for people to vote in I think we can call this one, it's a very close poll so I'd ask you to try to limit involvement to a degree given that some people seemed to have some concerns about the character, but approved for use.

EDIT: Result of the poll was in favour of 'Yes', with votes at: Yes (10), No (8) for 'Should Allak be approved? (Page 80)

Just now, Fatebreaker said:

A life of peace? In the Alleyverse??? Is that, legal?????

She won't live in the Alleyverse. She was part of a thread set on the other side of the world (as the names suggests) and found an island, and I think she'll just live on that one. So without a fitting thread I can't really play her anymore.

7 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

But still, no grisly demise at the hands of someone she trusted? No cursed eternity of emptiness, brought on by her own misguided actions? No freak echidnaquisitor maulings?

No? That character is so broken, I think she deserves some peace. Kill some monsters, defend her island, try to save the other side of the world. I think it fits her well.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

No? That character is so broken, I think she deserves some peace. Kill some monsters, defend her island, try to save the other side of the world. I think it fits her well.

Well, it’s your decision, but personally I would go with the echidnaquisitors.  ;)

On 5/29/2019 at 11:21 PM, Sorana said:

She won't live in the Alleyverse. She was part of a thread set on the other side of the world (as the names suggests) and found an island, and I think she'll just live on that one. So without a fitting thread I can't really play her anymore.

Can Araha live with her?