Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Lord Meeker said:

Okay everybody just like Arch said, I'll be taking over. Just give me time to adjust to mine and Arch's responsibilities. BTW @Archer does this technically mean I am double the mod? :P

Sure it does. Now you can hide things twice, pin and feature posts, and have twice the workload. Good luck! :P

EDIT: @Sunbringer Did you want your bios updated to give your characters glassweave jackets? 

Edited by Archer

Okay, I made my characters:

Nael

Spoiler

Name: Nael Haydawn

Birth Planet: Scadrial

Investiture: Feruchemical Pewter

Tools/Weapons: Pewtermind, Shardblade, Surgical Field Kit, Climbing Gear

Physical Characteristics: 5’11”, Blonde Hair, Male, 

Family: Terris Mother, Iriali Father, Aleva(little sister)

History: Nael was born on Scadrial to a Terris Mother and an Iriali Worldhopping Father. He was raised in Elendel until he was about 17, when his father decided to go back to Roshar. On Roshar, Nael and his father settled down in Kasitor--leaving his mother and sister behind--but eventually moved to Kharbranth when his father joined the Diagram. Nael trained as a surgeon and field medic in Kharbranth. He enjoys reading, as well as rock climbing, where he makes good use of his pewtermind, and is interested in astronomy. During an expedition with one of his friends he came across a Shardblade, which he has since bonded. Since then, he found out that same friend was a kandra, who introduced him to the Alleyverse. Unknown to him, the kandra has also been coordinating with his sister, who was introduced to the Alleyverse just before he was.

Strengths: He can climb pretty much anything, unless it's a smooth surface.

Flaws: Doesn’t like talking to people and avoids it whenever possible(pretty socially awkward); prefers to work without other people, unless he knows them well. He isn't great at Shardblade combat.

Guild: Unaffiliated(yet).

Aleva

Spoiler

Name: Aleva Haydawn

Investiture: Feruchemical Iron(Skimmer)

Tools/Weapons: Sharddagger

Appearance: Black hair, skinny, female, 5'6"

History: Aleva lived a relatively uneventful life, up until her brother, Nael, and her father left. Just one week after they left, her mother was attacked in the middle of the night by some Hemalurgic monstrosity. It was dark, so she didn't get a good look at it, but still it killed her mother, then turned on Aleva herself. Aleva lost the use of her left arm that night. She did make it, however, away from the monster and out of her house, hiding in an alley nearby. When the morning came, Aleva was found by a young girl, only about seven years old, who brought Aleva to her home. The girl disappeared into a back room, and some time later a grown woman came out, presumably the girl's mother, who mended Aleva's arm the best she could, invited her to stay with them for a time. A couple years passed while Aleva recovered from the trauma of losing her mother--though it never quite faded. Over that period, she never saw the girl, nor her mother, in the same place at once, but thought little of it...until she searched the house. She found a closet full of skeletons, and a pile of muscle in the corner. At first she was fearful, but when the kandra revealed itself and explained, that fear turned to anger. When her new kandra "associate" introduced her to the Alleyverse, Aleva discovered the Dark Alley, and realized the monster that killed her mother was a result of their experimenting. Determined to oppose them--and hopefully get revenge--she joined TUBA.

Personality: Aleva is a social butterfly--she can be entertaining, or just outright annoying. She loves meeting new people and has a reputation for telling bad jokes. However, sometimes her PTSD from when her mother dies takes over, causing her to find somewhere to hide and cower in fear. These episodes are fairly infrequent, but always seem to happen at the most inconvenient times, ruining a social hour for everyone involved.

Strengths: Experienced skimmer, gets to know everybody

Flaws: Doesn't have use of one arm, occasionally has flashbacks to night her mother died, can be overbearing

Guild: TUBA

Feedback?

Edited by Jaywalk

1 hour ago, Archer said:

EDIT: @Sunbringer Did you want your bios updated to give your characters glassweave jackets? 

Soon. I’ve been making minor background and personality changes, fleshing him out further now that I’m more familiar with the Alleyverse. I’ll send you the updated bio once I’m completely finished (note that I’m not changing his power at all. If anything, the personality changes will make him less of a threat.)

Edited by Sunbringer

3 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Okay, I made my characters:

Nael

Hide contents

Name: Nael Haydawn

Investiture: Feruchemical Pewter [+40M]

Tools/Weapons: Pewtermind, Shardblade [+30M], Surgical Field Kit,  Climbing Gear

Physical Characteristics: 5’11”, Blonde Hair, Male, 

Family: Terris Mother, Iriali Father, Aleva(little sister)

History: Nael was born on Scadrial to a Terris Mother and an Iriali Worldhopping Father. He was raised in Elendel until he was about 17, when his father decided to go back to Roshar. On Roshar, Nael and his father settled down in Kasitor--leaving his mother and sister behind--but eventually moved to Kharbranth when his father joined the Diagram. Nael trained as a surgeon and field medic in Kharbranth. [+40S] He enjoys reading, as well as rock climbing, where he makes good use of his pewtermind, and is interested in astronomy. During an expedition with one of his friends he came across a Shardblade, which he has since bonded. Since then, he found out that same friend was a kandra, who introduced him to the Alleyverse. Unknown to him, the kandra has also been coordinating with his sister, who was introduced to the Alleyverse just before he was.

Strengths: He can climb pretty much anything, unless it's a smooth surface. [+15-20S]

Flaws: Doesn’t like talking to people and avoids it whenever possible (pretty socially awkward) [-5-10]; prefers to work without other people, unless he knows them well. He isn't great at Shardblade combat. [+20S]

Guild: Unaffiliated (yet).

Total: 70M +80S-10=140

Aleva

Hide contents

Name: Aleva Haydawn

Investiture: Feruchemical Iron (Skimmer) [+40M]

Tools/Weapons: Sharddagger [+30M?]

Appearance: Black hair, skinny, female, 5'6"

History: Aleva lived a relatively uneventful life, up until her brother, Nael, and her father left. Just one week after they left, her mother was attacked in the middle of the night by some Hemalurgic monstrosity. It was dark, so she didn't get a good look at it, but still it killed her mother, then turned on Aleva herself. Aleva lost the use of her left arm that night. [-20] She did make it, however, away from the monster and out of her house, hiding in an alley nearby. When the morning came, Aleva was found by a young girl, only about seven years old, who brought Aleva to her home. The girl disappeared into a back room, and some time later a grown woman came out, presumably the girl's mother, who mended Aleva's arm the best she could, invited her to stay with them for a time. A couple years passed while Aleva recovered from the trauma of losing her mother--though it never quite faded. [-10-15] Over that period, she never saw the girl, nor her mother, in the same place at once, but thought little of it...until she searched the house. She found a closet full of skeletons, and a pile of muscle in the corner. At first she was fearful, but when the kandra revealed itself and explained, that fear turned to anger. When her new kandra "associate" introduced her to the Alleyverse, Aleva discovered the Dark Alley, and realized the monster that killed her mother was a result of their experimenting. Determined to oppose them--and hopefully get revenge--she joined TUBA.

Personality: Aleva is a social butterfly--she can be entertaining, or just outright annoying. She loves meeting new people and has a reputation for telling bad jokes. However, sometimes her PTSD from when her mother dies takes over, causing her to find somewhere to hide and cower in fear. These episodes are fairly infrequent, but always seem to happen at the most inconvenient times, ruining a social hour for everyone involved.

Strengths: Experienced skimmer [+5M], gets to know everybody

Flaws: Doesn't have use of one arm, occasionally has flashbacks to night her mother died, can be overbearing 

Guild: TUBA

Total: +75M-25=50

Feedback?

You could add some skills to the Aleva bio, if you wanted to. You have points to spare. (I scored these two in the quote boxes.) If you do change either of them, give us a shout, because I'm adding them to the list now. (I know I just said I was handing this over to Meeker, but I was in the neighborhood, so...)

Sunbringer, I'll look forward to seeing the updates then. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

You could add some skills to the Aleva bio, if you wanted to. You have points to spare. (I scored these two in the quote boxes.) If you do change either of them, give us a shout, because I'm adding them to the list now.

I was intending her to be a weaker character, but maybe I’ll add some things.

Edit: On a side note, I was also thinking about writing for the kandra as well, but I want them to be more shrouded in mystery. Should I make a character bio for them?

Edited by Jaywalk

15 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

I was intending her to be a weaker character, but maybe I’ll add some things.

Edit: On a side note, I was also thinking about writing for the kandra as well, but I want them to be more shrouded in mystery. Should I make a character bio for them?

You could make a full bio, or you could do a shortened version and tack it on to the end of your other two character's bios, like how spren are treated. 

18 hours ago, Archer said:

My take on it is that before this character entered the Alleyverse, time-travel and unraveling universes did not exist. By introducing the character, you introduce that element, regardless of whether or not the character is directly 'responsible' for their existence. Additionally, you, as the RPer, would have the chance to decide when these elements crop up, and what effect they have. That's a big step to make. 

Hmmm, yeah that is a pretty big responsibility, though the mechanics are rather simplistic. As I said, the whole "universe fixing" thing is only if I get permission from the admins of the RP. I will try to use my abilities as fairly as possible, though.

18 hours ago, Archer said:

A question about the shardgun: What's its rate of fire?

It depends on the form / type of gun she chooses, though usually she makes a revolver if in short-range combat and a (sniper?) rifle if in long-range combat. If in melee, she'll probably make a spear for better defense and longer range.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

So I've had a thought that something that might help people who are planning on having OP characters would be to have a separate character sheet. Or, essentially the same character sheet but with some additions so that other players can see why they might want to approve the character. I hope that it might also help people refine OP characters so that other players actually get excited about interacting with them and think of ways that they can weave their own character into the OP characters story. OP characters should be central to many plots, so it's important for other people to know how they might interact with the world ahead of time so that plots can develop accordingly.

Something like:

Reveal hidden contents

Name

Appearance

Investiture

Skills:

Equipment:

Weakness:

Family:

Home Planet

Backstory:

Guild:

Psyche:

Intended Threat Level:

Story purpose:

Benefit:

Modus Operandi:

So for example:
Metronome

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Metronome the Great (/Metronome the all powerful, Metronome the amazing, the great and powerful Metronome, Metronome the Magnificent, he who rules over all, most powerful Epic in the fractured states, etc.)

Appearance: The most handsome figure that anyone has ever seen (Or a short, somewhat portly man just entering into middle-aged, well groomed, Wears a waistcoat over a white shirt and with matching pants most of the time.)

Investiture: THE ALL POWERFUL ABILITY TO KNOW THE TIME! TREMBLE ALL YE MORTALS!

Skills: IRRELEVANT WHEN HIS POWER IS ALREADY SO GREAT! But he has a startling ability to see the best in situations and ignore anything which contradicts his own worldview, which is sort of like a skill.

Equipment: A pocketwatch so that he can prove his all powerful might upon request by knowing exactly what time it is while other plebians need to consult things like watches. Watches that HE synchronizes in the first place to establish his dominance over all mankind.

Weakness: NONE! METRONOME IS THE PERFECT BEING! (Though he does drastically underestimate others, the more powerful they are the more he underestimates them)

Family: As no one has claimed any level of kinship it can only possibly be concluded that he is descended from the gods themselves! (Or possibly that none of his family want to admit being related to him)

Home Planet: Reckoners-Earth

BackstoryLittle is known of Metronome before Calamity struck but he was born in Salem, Oregon and has lived there for his entire life, gaining very little attention from anyone in anything he did. After he was given powers by Calamity he took hold over the city with his mighty powers (Or as other people would say, he hung around the people who took over the city and they felt too much pity to correct him) and held a prestigious position, co-ruling it (Disputed) with an Epic known as Soulcaster.
Events in the city had begun to spiral, leading to panic and chaos when suddenly Metronome found himself in the middle of a completely different city with no idea how he arrived there. Thus he set about his mission to take over the Alleycity as well and rule over it as he did in Salem.

Guild: Unaffiliated I think that most OP characters should be unaffiliated with guilds where possible

PsycheOf relatively average intelligence, somewhat calmer than most Epics but with a grandiose sense of self-importance to match any High Epic with control over their own city. Metronome is aware that he is indeed the most powerful Epic that has ever been and will not neglect to mention this fact to anyone he meets.

OP traits

Intended Threat Level: WORLD-ENDING (/very minor villain's underling, unlikely to be a threat to any player character or even most NPCs) Suggested levels: Individual threat, group threat (3-4 characters), guild threat, multi-guild threat, world-ending threat

Story purpose: To give a world-ending threat that will unite all characters beneath him and crush those that defy him, he will likely be the center of most major plotlines this era for all guilds and characters as they either venerate him or try in vain to come up with a plan to defeat him, a great opportunity for people to kill otherwise unkillable characters. (Primarily a comic relief element. Give some people a fun villainous character to interact with without needing to endanger their character, introduce some fun roleplay elements that people can enjoy. I'd rather people didn't actually try to fight him, he can easily be ignored or temporarily incapacitated if it seems he is blocking one of your characters story goals)

Benefit (What do other players get out of this character?): A mechanism by which you can indisputably kill any of your characters for none can oppose him! (I foresee some fun interactions between him and other characters, especially characters who would perceive themselves as kind or good-hearted. He's not a significant opposition to any plan but some people might find his sheer confidence in himself a little concerning and may think he's hiding powers that he doesn't openly show. This might create some amusing scenes where powerful characters consider him a legitimate threat while relatively low-powered characters consider him a joke, though a joke that they might humor from time to time to avoid upsetting him)

Foible (Why haven't they taken over the world yet?): THE ONLY THING THAT HAS STOPPED HIM FROM RULING THE ALLEYVERSE IS THAT HE ONLY JUST ARRIVED! IT IS INEVITABLE IN TIME! (Anyone who doesn't want him to take over the Alleyverse could lightly punch him and likely render him unconscious. Or possibly just ignore him entirely as he has zero combat ability whatsoever and poses no threat)

Modus Operandi (How do they fight / scheme? What is their plan?): Metronome begins any fight by showing his enemies just how impossible it is for them to defeat him. He tells them the time. EXACTLY! Then waits for them to give up and bask in his majestic presence. He assumes that once this is repeated enough times that the entire Alleyverse will be aware of his might and all yield to him as their supreme ruler, though he may go around adjusting people's clocks just to hammer home how superior he is to all others and create places where others might worship him if they so desire.

This would probably be a better character sheet for Anna. Thanks, Voidus!

21 hours ago, #Voidapple said:

@Voidus, you gonna make Morning's spren?

Yep sorry, must have missed the previous tag in all my notifications.

Spoiler

Name: Maze

Investiture: Usual Cryptic abilities, is a spren.

Radiant: Second of the Morning

Skills: A scholar of realmatics and Investiture (+40S), High levels of intelligence (+30S)

Guild: Unaffiliated

Skills: Intelligent, scholarly

Weaknesses: Believes that they know than they do in many situations, particularly when dealing with humans. (Unlikely to cause any difficulties in combat for Maze or Morning, mostly for characterization purposes and they're below point thresholds anyway so I dunno -1? :P)

Appearance: A complex structure of lines in the form of an ever shifting labyrinth.

Backstory: Maze was content to wait out the destruction of Roshar and catalog whatever civilization was the next to arrive when they stumbled upon a worldhopper from the Alleyverse, possessing numerous forms of Investiture and other magics that Maze was unfamiliar with. Excited at this chance to study something new again they hitched a ride back through a Perpendicularity to the Alleyverse but found that many people there did not feel that a spren was worth interacting with or were otherwise unable to do so, so Maze has set about trying to find someone with suitable qualities to bond with.

I have two new characters @Lord Meeker.  And possibly @Voidus for the second one.

Keleth:

Spoiler

Name:  Keleth

Appearance:  Short, spindly, scribe.  Has drawn features and a thin physique. 

Investiture:  Feruchemical zinc.

Skills:  A renowned scholar, and strategic genius.  His intelligence is very high.  He can handle logistics, science, and tactics.  Very levelheaded.

Weaknesses:  Not great in combat situations, and is quite awkward in social situations.  

Personality:  Quite, doesn't talk much to people, but hides a dry wit.  Polite, but not friendly. 

Backstory:  Was a scribe in Tashikk.  Rose quickly through the ranks, until he was able to travel to Azimir to accept an important position there.  He was walking down the hallway of one of the Bronze Domes, and he fell through a dimensional rift.  He landed in the alleyverse, coincidentally, on top of the Diagramist headquarters.  They were in need of a scribe, he was in need of work, and it all worked out.  

Guild Affiliation:  Diagramist

Necromancer:

Spoiler

Name:  Jonathan Thomas, or Necromancer

Appearance:  Varies.  He's a tall, lith male whose age often varies.

Investiture:  He's an epic who can control time... kind of.  His power is time manipulation, but only for organic beings.  He can accelerate or reverse the age of any living thing within one hundred feet.  He can use this to kill instantly, or to bring people back from the dead.  He can also do it for things that have recently died, but only for ten years, and very slowly.  For humans, he can change the age of anyone around him.  For animals, the same.  For plants, he can also, and uses this to accelerate plant growth.  He can direct the growth, so he can grow a field of grass to strangle his opponents.  He can also change his own age.  If he's injured, he can age himself forward for a few months, healing the injury.  Or, if he's shot, he can age himself backwards, making himself younger, and therefore making it so that he was never shot.  He can also halt time for people, freezing them and bringing them to a complete stop.  I realize that this is insanely powerful, but I do have a reason.

Skills:  He's very intelligent, and is able to use his abilities to their full potential.  He's also an accomplished scientist, genetics specifically.  He's also a rather skilled botanist.

Equipment:  Nothing extraordinary.

Weaknesses:  He's very reliant on his abilities, and deosn't really know how to fight without them.  His epic weakness is bugs.  Specifically, bees.  A sting from a bee will negate his powers until the poison is out of his system.  All bugs freak him out, and he destroys them every time he sees them, but for some reason he is unable to destroy bees.

Family:  All of his family were in Kansas City when it was wiped out by Obliteration.  He's gone to genealogists, and he has no surviving relations.

Home Planet:  Earth (Reckoners)

Backstory:  Young Jon was born in the suburbs of Kansas City.  He always was fascinated by space, and also genetics.  He went to college at some community college studying genetics.  Despite this, he was able to make it into the space program.  It was around this time that he had an accident with his genetics expirement.  He was expirementing with different breeds of bees, and the escaped his container.  The swarmed him, stinging, and he was almost killed.  Someone found him, dragged him out, and he recovered.  He went to space, posted on the ISS as a genetic researcher.  Calamity came, killing everyone on the station, but he made Jon into an epic.  Jon floated in space, using his powers to halt time for him, eliminating his need to breath.  He interned an orbit of earth, and finally crashed down to earths serface.  His powers allowed him to survive, and he immediately began searching for his family.  Calamity had died while he was in space, and he had to fight and kill several evil epics.  Upon finding out that his family was dead, he put himself in stasis where he was captured by inter-dimensional slave traders.  He killed them, found his way to the alleyverse, and joined the DA.

Guild:  The Dark Alley

Psyche:  Relatively sane, compared to pretty much everyone else in the alleyverse.  He's quite, doesn't often talk to people.  He is sullen and resentful towards other epics, and will find excuses to kill them.  He's blunt, and won't hold his tongue.

Intended Threat Level:  High.  Not world-ending high, more like murder-a-whole-city high.  Not that he'll do that.  I think I'll use him as more of a vigilante, looking out for the little guy in Alleycity.  Considering that, it's lower since he's not a villain. 

Story Purpose:  He'll be a vigilante. I'll have him running around Alleycity trying to take down villains.  Weird for a DA member, but he sees hemalurgy as a holy art, defiled by people who would use it to create monstrosities.  

Benefit:  He could be used for some interesting things in concert with other powerful time-controlling epics.  He will also form the core of a powerful vigilante team that would be great to RP.  

Modus Operandi:  I'll use him peacefully, but he will kill if he need to.  He won't actually kill others, he'll mostly just turn them over to the precursors.  

If somebody has already come up with an idea like the one I have for Necro, than I'm sorry, but I think it would be cool to have this.

Necromancer seems cool. It be cool if he ever fought Lusk, who can control his own age so he could reverse any changes.

As for vigilantism I think it’s cool. Alask’s section of the one year interval says he’s become a sort of vigilante as well. Though mainly around Alleycity ruins than anything else. They could team.

Necromancer is interesting, but is way too overpowered to ever be allowed in a combat situation, except perhaps with permission of the people they'll be interacting with. They have both a prime invincibility and an medium range instakill ability. The fact that they won't kill people helps, but the fact that they can still freeze everybody in range makes them capable of defeating almost anybody who hasn't been preparing to fight them already.

Also, how does the reviving work with cosmere rules? Same time limit as with Progression?

Resurrection does not exist in Reckoners Earth, some Epics can bring themselves back to life when they die but no Epics can bring back other people who are dead, this is explicitly stated at one point (In Steelheart I believe).
It's also highly prone to cause some story issues because it kind of trivializes death a bit, which can cause issues for other players trying to make an emotional death scene.

Assuming that everyone were happy to accept it in spite of that though, point totals would be:

(Breaking this into sections so that some can be removed if that's what you want to go with)
He can use this to kill instantly - 160 (There may be some adjustments to this depending on how you imagine this working, how long it takes, etc. But at first glance this looks like 'ability to instantly kill any mortal creature within 100 feet with no way to block, dodge or avert this')

bring people back from the dead - 150 (Again dependent on what kind of limitations you want this to have but as currently read this is instant, no cost, no limitation resurrection of anything within 100 feet)

For plants, he can also, and uses this to accelerate plant growth. - 40 

Healing - 50

Time stop - 200 (This amounts to the same as the insta-kill ability only this effectively can also instantly take out an otherwise immortal creature)

Total: 600 (Even Hellbent is concerned with how OP your character is)

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Total: 600 (Even Hellbent is concerned with how OP your character is)

Should I be worried about this?

Ambrosia bio update:

Spoiler

Name: Ambrosia Jostson

Investiture: Pewter misting (thug), steel ferring (steelrunner), Rithmatist, first heightening, first ideal dustbringer

Weaknesses: Complete pacifist, right foot destroyed, right leg with limited use. Can easily be exploited through her children. No practice or skill with Awakening or Radiant abilities.

Skills: Doctor, taking care of children, smart.

Equipment: Two metalmind earrings, two metalmind bracers, and a belt with different chalks (all black or red) and vials of pewter. A Elite Sentinels coat. Gemheart that allows teleportation.

Armor_tech_10.png.623598db3e4b4ab601f25d127664a8b9.png.121174bef03d639a2959a36275f4c0bd.png

Appearance: Long white hair, purple and black coat, purple helmet that can be summoned and desummoned like a shardblade. One violet eye, one dark brown.

5bce3b91ae31c_EliteSentinelsHelmet.png.a55fd856ae35e8dedf9936d3c6f2db75.png

Home planet: Roshar/Scadrial

History: She was born on Roshar and lived there for two years, had vague memories of trying to catch floating creatures, and a huge shelled thing she rode. Then her father, Anthony Nightshade (Hellbent) moved them to scadrial. She lived there until she was seven, when her house burned down. Her father left, promising to return. Half a year later she discovered he was dead. She went to his funeral, where they told her about the alleyverse, and gave her a piece of a gemheart, which allowed teleportation. Began by exploring the cosmere, going to Roshard, Sel, Threnody, Nalthis, Taldain, and the First of the Sun. She later went to the United Isles, where she became a Rithmatist. After a few years going to school and learning Rithmatics, she went back to the alleyverse, and decided to become part of a group. She chose the sentinels. In recent times Ambrosia has become obsessed with the idea of the boundless worlds, and wants to explore them. She hates her father, because she learned how evil he was. Her one regret was that she wasn't the one who killed him.

After starting a guild, Ambrosia got into a duel because she wanted eggnog. In this duel, one of the opponents, Mara, died, which Ambrosia deeply regrets, to the point she became a complete pacifist. She trained and became and Elite Sentinel, and a doctor. That is how she got her new coat and helmet.

She met Silas during the Great Game, and went on a date. Since, they got married and have twins.

Edited by Archer
Please don't double post.

It looks as though I have a bit of a problem making OP characters.  Ok, how about this.  His time stop ability doesn't actually freeze people in their tracks, it just stops them aging.  I've been thinking that the age-thing wouldn't affect the targets mind in any way, and they could still move normally.  However, their heart wouldn't beat, and they wouldn't have to breath, though they probably could.  None of this would kill them, as time isn't actually passing for them, but they would still have full range of movements.  It looks as though I'd have to take away his ability to bring other people back to life too.  I'd probably also have to give fair warning before other characters engage him, and be mostly non-combative.  

@Lord Meeker @Voidus

Edited by King Taravangian

Here is my first wave of Era 3 characters. There will be more. This is just all I have done right now.

Silva Rey, Space Marine.

Spoiler

Chapter: Raven Guard

Investiture: She is a sandmaster who can control up to 5 strands at any one time, but is not very good with them, and usually just uses them in brute force attacks

Physical Appearance: Before the space marine augmentations, she was projected to be relatively short, at five feet tall, so her augmentations only brought her to 6' 5, and is built pretty much like a smaller scaled normal space marine. She has red eyes, and dark red hair that she keeps long, so that when she isn't wearing her armor, goes down to just below her shoulders.

Armor: Her armor is customized to lessen in protection, in favor of mobility. It has a jump pack that is modified so the thrusters are hidden within the back of the armor and can move, and readjust. The armor is minimized in weight and designed to be as small as possible, while still providing pretty much the same level of enhancements, with a defensive cost. The armor is colored black with red secondary coloration.

Personality: She is very loyal to the black Crusade, and fairly arrogant. She is fairly kind, but will kill her enemies without question.

Weapons. She has a pair of lightning claws strapped to either of her legs, and has a Lightning bolt gun on her back that she took from a chaos marine she killed. The gun has a box mag, and is loaded with kraken penetrator rounds. She also has an Accatran Pattern Mark 2 Laspistol.

Weakness: She is arrogant and brash, and has any weaknesses that come with being a space marine. She is also a hit and runner and will struggle in an extended fight

Backstory: When she was born her parents gave her to the black crusade, and she spent the next twelve years of her life training without enhancements before going through them, as a member of raven chapter. She then spent another several years training before going into the field, specialising in hit and run attacks where she repeatedly charges through enemy lines, killing anyone she comes across, and she excelled in defeating her space marine sparing mates quickly, using her jump pack to get out of the way of her hits. At the end of her training she rose through the ranks of her chapter quickly, and soon led her own squad, which was very successful, until her CO turned to chaos marine, and got her entire squad, apart from her killed, and she now wants him dead, as much as she can, without violating the code fo the crusade.

Guild Affiliation: Black Crusade

Sarah Drown, Walker's Niece(I might have said cousin at one point. My mistake.)

Spoiler

Powers: Rebirth, and shortrange, rapid teleportation. She can teleport 1500 times in a period without sleep, and 50 times in a minute. Her rebirth works by creating a room, where when she dies, she will be reborn 24 hours after she dies. Someone else can create this room, by taking an invincible rock that she has also created, and putting it in the center of a closed room. She regenerates in the physical state she was 24 hours before she died, or at the state she last regenerated in.

Skills: Fairly good fighter, average marksman, above average pickpocket, very good at using her powers,  really good prankster, incredibly good cheater, and a master at being annoying.

Appearance: 5’4, skinny,  long black hair, blue eyes.

Clothes: Black hoodie with white stripes, white t-shirt with black styling, with black pants with white styling and black shoes with white styling.

Equipment: A hand gun, and a footlong serrated knife with a slot to insert a battery, to make it a taser. She also carries lemon juice to pour on her knife.

Personality: She is incredibly annoying, but actually is a nice person, when she wants to be. She doesn’t want to hurt people and will protect her friends with her life, but will kill her enemies without mercy.

Weakness: She’s a hemophiliac. And cancer. That's her epic weakness. She dies from cancer, she's dead.

Backstory: She was the grand kid of the sister of the world hopper that raised Walker. That’s really all need to know. I'm leaving it open for CDS

Guild Affiliation: TUBA intern.

The Jackal. I'm just submitting his entire profile for cataloging, but Archer already said he was fine.

Spoiler

Powers: He has a mask that enhances his physical attributes, appears to enhance his senses, enhances his response time a startling degree, stop and reverse age, jump incredibly high, and to fill anyone who looks into the glowing red eyes of the mask with a burning hot hatred, and rage. He also has the surge of division, but this is a lot weaker, and come from a void spren trapped in a crystal on the forehead of the mask. The mask itself is in the shape of an anubis mask and has a long mouthpiece. It was created by an epic with power to infuse objects with powers, that she could not use. He had her make this mask, and staff, and then killed her to protect his identity. He then took a voidspren that was in a gemheart, and fixed it to the front of the mask, which added in the abilities of the division surge, and the radiation of hatred. And he can control his staff with his mind.

Skills: He is an extraordinarily good fighter, a very good politician, and a very good strategist.

Gear: He has his mask, a full set of sandling scale armor coated in oil so it is waterproof, and a invincible obsidian staff with two very sharp blades on either end that he can break in half, re-fuse without leaving any damage on on the staff, and control it with his mind.

Weaknesses: The Mask where most of his powers from can be removed, his mask is always filling him with a deep burning hatred for everything, he likes to play with his food, bad at being a good person, Thrawn Syndrome, cannot work for anyone, cannot show any clue to his identity, he has so many problems with him that the person controlling him loses track and adds in new ones which are then forever in his character, as they have been rpd, hates sandlings, hates slavers more, will go out of his way to fight a worthy challenger, can’t stop scheming, will put curiosity before safety, has a soft spot for orphans, hates randomness, the voidspren on his forehead randomly tells him to go kill people or other completely unhelpful advice, he hates steel inquisitors, very closed off, likes dramatic entrances, if someone he trusts betrays him he will go to the ends of the alleyverse to make them suffer, his forehead glows, dislikes chaos marines, hates the fjordell religion.

Appearance: He is 6’8, has a long black trench coat over his black full body sandling armor, and his anubis mask with the red gemstone and eyes.

Personality: Beyond his dozen personality weaknesses, he is a intelligent, slightly patronizing, person who likes to debate, and can spin a story or scenario to his favor,

Backstory: You’ll see. YOU’LL ALL SEE! BWA HA HA HA, HA HA HA HA!!!!

Guild Affiliation: None. He's a criminal mastermind. If he affiliated with a guild, he technically wouldn't be a criminal anymore.

Eric Darkhold. Mercenary.

Spoiler

Investiture: He has six spikes through his torso. Two are human speed, two human strength, one f pewter, the other f steel. He stores the extra strength when he doesn’t need it, and the same with the speed. He also has a steel linchpin spike.

Build: He is 6’6 with extremely muscled build in normal form. He has blue eyes that are dead in between light and dark without his shardblade nad very bright with it.

Skills: He is a mildly good fighter, and nows the basics of hemalurgy. That’s pretty much it.

Equipment: He has a dead shardblade in the shape of a large scimitar and a large shield.

Clothes: He has a black leather jacket, black pants, a black shirt, and black shoes, as well as a holder on his back for his large black shield.

Personality: He is kind of brutish in his behavior, and is loyal, to money. He likes to collect spikes from people he kills, and likes to kill people by spiking them. You pay him, he does what you want, no questions asked.

Weakness: Besides the six spikes through his body that make him very vulnerable to  a strong soother/rioter, he is also an idiot, and hates guns. He won’t use them. He won’t explain why, he just does.

Backstory: He was born on Roshar and joined the Alethkar army when he was a teenager. Nobody knew what to do with him becuase his eyes were never dark or light, so he was treated as a darkeyes, but allowed to use a sword. He trained in the sword and through bute force made his way up the rank by crushing the parshendi. He was a sergeant under Sadeas when a parshendi shar bearer attacked his unit. Sadeas was on the other side of the battlefield fighting another shard bearer, who escaped by the way, so his unit was on their own. He managed to disarm the parshend then push them off the cliff into mouth of a chasmfiend. He then left the army to escape Sadeas to stop him from taking the blade for himself. He made his way to the Alleyplanet where he found a hemalurgist and learned hemalurgy. He then found six people; a steel ferring, pewter ferring, and four random soldiers, who he got his spikes from. He became a mercenary and spent several years doing anything anybody paid him to do.

Guild Affiliation: Whatever guild pays him the most.

@Archer

Edit: I was wrong, Dusk is 5 and a half, not sixth.

Edit 2: Didn't read the guidelines, and am now fixing it.

Edit 3: Archer, new weaknesses for Walker. Yes this is my solution to everything. 

He will put the lives of his friends and loved ones, before his life, his mission, and innocent lives.

Mellody exists.

Dusk exists, and won't leave. Like ever. He is always there messing with him.

Edit 4: Forgot guild affiliation . Fixing.

Edit 5: Finished another character.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

On 01/02/2019 at 11:14 AM, Archer said:

While I'm here, I'd like to take this opportunity to update you about how this thread is going to run going forward. As you know, Voidus and the leaders of this sub-forum have edit privileges. They are the ones that can add or edit bios on the list. In past, I've been the point-man on that front, but I am handing over that responsibility to @Lord Meeker. AV mods may still add in bios if they happen to stop by, but it will be assumed that if no one else does, Meeker will do it. No pressure, Meeks.

The character submission process will remain the same. Post your bios here, then someone will authoritatively explain why they think it is acceptable or not. The Index should help keep this process consistent. The final say will still go to the mods, but speaking from experience, it's really nice when someone dissects a bio for you. I appreciate the input that people take it upon themselves to provide. If you're submitting a bio and Mac, Itiah, Kenod, or any other fantastic person quotes you and shares how they scored it or makes comments about how it could be improved, I encourage you to listen to them. That's what this thread is about: sharing your idea with the community so you can get as many eyes on it as possible before it becomes official. Don't be afraid to bounce ideas off of people, or to pick the brains of experienced RPers. 

Additionally, Snipexe has been coerced convinced to cover the graveyard shift. Expect to see him commenting on bios as well. Once the details are sorted, you should tag Meeker, not me. It should also go without saying that PMing me with bios is a futile endeavor. It's easier if you post your bio here instead anyway, not just because it gives you the opportunity to get feedback from other people, but it also keeps everything character-related in one place. 

There are other ways to make the mods' life easier as well. Format and spell-check your post before submitting it. Also, work a lot of context clues into your sentences, and be clear about what your referencing. It's easier to locate a bio, or even an old train of thought, if you drop hints about who the Hoid you're talking about and why we should know them. 

Finally, be patient. Due to volume of submissions, IRL events, and other commitments, you may not get a response for a few hours, or even days. If Meeker posts after you and doesn't mention you, then you may have been accidentally missed. It happens. If it happens to you, quote your old post and ask what's up. Chances are your request was lost in the sea of other text they were sifting through. 

Thank you all for your cooperation. I know going through this process can be tiresome sometimes. Y'all are troopers, and the prep work you put into your characters has made my job so much easier this past year. Try not to break anything while I'm gone.