Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Hey, Archer, can I help with the reviewing of the profiles and such? I have loads of free time. I can also help with the Index, or pretty much anything* you want me to do.

@Archer

*DA disclaimer applies.

Thanks for offering! Do you feel like reading a 'very bad story'? The Centrifugal section of the Index is incomplete (read: non-existent) at the moment. I need two things done: 1. Confirm it's set on Earth. 2. Rank the power of the magic system's users. It's been a while since I've read it. I remember there being something about science making people full of energy, but I can't recall enough specifics. If you could give it a read through and note the mentioned enhancements and how many points you think characters should get for having them (using other magic system's scores as a reference point), that'd be a big help.

I think it’s set it near Earth, but not on Earth. If was to label it, I’d say “Solar System near Earth”. 

However, I don’t see any way to include it in the Index. The genetic enhancements it mentions are vague, and only include two: the ability to jump really far and the capacity to take on ungrizzly amounts of adrenaline. If I put them of a scale, I’d say both of them alone would be worth +20, and together +50. 

Anything else?

@Archer

10 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

I think it’s set it near Earth, but not on Earth. If was to label it, I’d say “Solar System near Earth”. 

However, I don’t see any way to include it in the Index. The genetic enhancements it mentions are vague, and only include two: the ability to jump really far and the capacity to take on ungrizzly amounts of adrenaline. If I put them of a scale, I’d say both of them alone would be worth +20, and together +50. 

Anything else?

Thanks! I'll include those two on the next update. 

I'm holding off on reviewing characters for the moment, until the Index is improved. There's a few ongoing tasks related to that, including the Warhammer section, figuring out if there's a use of Alleymatics that's low powered enough to be worth including, and brainstorming common non-human characters that could be used and ranking their innate abilities (koloss, kandra etc.). If you want to tackle one of those, be my guest. They're big projects though, so I understand if you don't. Thanks again for the help.

What I'm thinking for the character species is as follows: 

Predatory animals should count with the same amount of points as humans. 

Prey animals should count as negative ten points.

Sel has no special non-humans.

Scadrial has Koloss and Kandra. 

Koloss: You can only live for a max of fifteen or so years, but are incredibly strong and large during your life. +20 points

Kandra: You can live indefinitely, and can absorb skeletons or spikes to gain powers. +50 points, 60 if skilled

Nalthis has no special non-humans. 

Roshar has Singers, Aimians, and spren of various types.

Singer: You live as long as a human, and can change forms in a Highstorm or Alleystorm. +30 points

Siah Aimians: You can live indefinitely, and can change your skin. +5 points

Dysian Aimians: You can live indefinitely, and can split yourself off into many sections. +15 points

Spren: You can live indefinitely, but can only exist (for the most part) in the Cognitive Realm. You can also bond to a sentient being. -10 points, 20 if non-sentient

I can provide no more information. 

@Archer

Edited by AxeliustheGreat
Removed spoilers

4 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Spren: You can live indefinitely, but can only exist (for the most part) in the Cognitive Realm. You can also bond to a sentient being. -10 points, 20 if non-sentient

So this is a drawback? I find this funny, because it will mean my spren character (Tars) is going to have a point count of -10 :P 

6 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I would say spren should also be limited to only having knowledge related abilities outside of being a spren. Because it's highly unlikely that a spren could gain any other abilities.

I mean, we see they can influence a little in the physical realm, like carrying leaves and stuff. If you were a spren with 300+ years of practise, I’m sure you could influence more things in the physical, perhaps even substantial enough to get people to notice you.

But, I agree, it’s not really a combative type of character.

You don't need the points system for it since a spren could basically never be overpowered, but it should be listed as an option still.

Also this has made me really want to make a spren character. Anyone planning on being a KR?

17 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Kandra: You can live indefinitely, and can absorb skeletons or spikes to gain powers. +50 points, 60 if skilled

I disagree with this one, and think it would be unfair. They have weaknesses, including a fragile spirit web, with only two spikes beatable by strong rioters or soothers. And living indefinitely shouldn't be factored into the point system, or lack of a long life. It is power, not age.

Recommended point value: +30

19 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Singer: You live as long as a human, and can change forms in a Highstorm or Alleystorm. +30 points

I think this should be less, only +20.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

You could just make a KR and RP the spren as well.

Not as fun. My favourite part of RP is the relationships between characters. When you RP both sides it can seem a little forced and weird.

1 minute ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

I am only suggesting point values because Archer wanted me to, Ark. Those are my opinions. 

And I was arguing with your opinions.

Just now, Voidus said:

Not as fun. My favourite part of RP is the relationships between characters. When you RP both sides it can seem a little forced and weird.

I'd like to do that. Be the radiant.

Edited by Ark1002