The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

IO. The amazing, one of a kind, incredible game of luck and skill. All you have to do is defeat the evil, monolithic overlords threatening to destroy the world! Oh, yeah. You have to do it with a toothpick. And also, when I said, luck and skill... I really meant luck. You have to restart over and over until the evil overlords miss 10,000 times in a row. nameless was playing chess with the physical embodiment of more than ten billion hours of pure, utter, rage. (On a completely unrelated note, the number of new TV screens, computer monitors, game controllers, keyboards, and mouses had all skyrocketed.)

Edit- 

@xinoehp512 Not that it matters, as you mentioned that my hand was absorbed after I destroyed the dreamseed, The Dreamseed was converted to Healthium, I believe. This gives it incredible power to restrain Unhealthy entities, but against other beings, it is sadly lacking. It was working on an entirely different wavelength, using the power of pure healthiness to hold the gods of Unhealthiness. Healthiness that could not hold my hand.

Nameless was reminded that it was an additive, not a flavoring/overwrite.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Dreamseeds are well able to control anything that happens within- Healthium only adds to that power, adding an extra layer of security. Samuel hesitated. And as for the rules...

Samuel sighed, appearing just in front of Nameless with a pop. "Look, kiddo... I know Mr. Silence is all about makin' your own rules, but the truth?" He conjured a chair and sat down. "Makin' up your own rules is only going to get you so far."

23 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The death of this character was decided to be retconned for later incorporation. :ph34r:

"Hello," whispered a voice in cracked, hissing tones. The Witherlord materialized out of the shadow.

"Looking for this?" he said, lips turning up in a sinister smile as he extended his hand and revealed to Jacob his pen.

Jacob had already known that something like this had happened, but seeing it for himself... actually witnessing his precious pen in the hands of an enemy...

His left eyelid twitched, but he remained otherwise calm. Calm. That was important. Most of his power might be in the pen, but most wasn't all. He still had a few tricks up his sleeve, a few cards left to play. But he needed to be calm.

"So that's where it went," he said aloud. "I'd been wondering."

Nameless was reminded that it was an additive, not a flavoring/overwrite.

*Raises eyebrows*

FT stared in horror at his two fates. The plane of Narration was splitting in two. In one, Withy's smirking face mocked him, in the other the Steve-Healthium crystal slowly--merged with its twin. It was stronger, greater, but FT still held the crystal in the other plane. Quickly he kicked Withy in the face and threw the secondary crystal at the secondary twin. As they touched both planes snapped back together into one whole plane.

That doesn't sound like an "additive" to me.

Nameless declared victory over the mimes. Sugar and HFCS were finally free, and it turned out that The Champion was even better at building things than it was at breaking them down. Licorice would be an excellent supplement to the food stores until the next harvest came in, and Kernel Candy Corn was even better at military strategy than he was before. Peace returned to TLT, and Nameless threw a party to celebrate the end of his first plot.

Ene poked her head back in through a hole in the fourth wall and politely declined, closing the hole behind her to make less work for the mimes. 

To clarify, I used to be in TLT, I just stopped trying to catch up one day. Always intended to get back to it eventually, but I’ve been stupidly busy. 

17 hours ago, Nameless said:

*Raises eyebrows*

That doesn't sound like an "additive" to me.

FT had said it as such because it looked like healthium, but that was just because the dreamseed was imitating the incorporated layer.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

Nameless declared victory over the mimes.

The mimes undeclared his victory.

Samuel stood up. "Sometimes, you've just gotta go with what's going." He stared off into the distance, lost in thought.

Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

FT had said it as such because it looked like healthium, but that was just because the dreamseed was imitating the incorporated layer.

FT had narrated it to be healthium, and the entire quest had been about converting the Dreamseed into healthium.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mimes undeclared his victory.

Nameless redeclared his victory.

Just now, Nameless said:

FT had narrated it to be healthium, and the entire quest had been about converting the Dreamseed into healthium.

Nameless was corrected. Part of the quest had been about getting healthium. Another part of it had been finding a dreamseed to put it in. How the dreamseed works had been explained before.

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless redeclared his victory.

The mimes undeclared the existence of a competition to take victory over.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Nameless was corrected. Part of the quest had been about getting healthium. Another part of it had been finding a dreamseed to put it in. How the dreamseed works had been explained before.

The mimes were corrected. The Dreamseed had been converted into Healthium by FT, using Steve from minecraft's perfect health. Healthium had never been aquired.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mimes undeclared the existence of a competition to take victory over.

Nameless undeclared the mimes undeclaration.

Just now, Nameless said:

The mimes were corrected. The Dreamseed had been converted into Healthium by FT, using Steve from minecraft's perfect health. Healthium had never been aquired.

This was false, as the dreamseed was a neccessary component in keeping those who needed imprisonment imprisoned. Dreamseeds could be converted into other things, but those other things would not retain its properties. Healthium did not have the power to confuse minds or the power to encapsulate entities; it was merely an antithesis to the prisoners it was trying to encapsulate.

Just now, Nameless said:

Nameless undeclared the mimes undeclaration.

The mimes refused to acknowledge his undeclaration for not having anything to back it up.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

I'm trying to end the evil candy plot, but Xinoehp seems to want to take control of it.

I'm not...

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

This was false, as the dreamseed was a neccessary component in keeping those who needed imprisonment imprisoned. Dreamseeds could be converted into other things, but those other things would not retain its properties. Healthium did not have the power to confuse minds or the power to encapsulate entities; it was merely an antithesis to the prisoners it was trying to encapsulate.

Yes. Converting the Dreamseed into a Healthium dreamseed strengthened it against any Unhealthy beings, but weakened it against other types of entities, much like Aluminum is almost immune to investiture, but is quite weak physically. Not that this mattered, as Nameless hand hadn't been absorbed into the Dreamseed, as if that was the case, anything that touched it would also have been absorbed.

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The mimes refused to acknowledge his undeclaration for not having anything to back it up.

Nameless showed the mimes his thing to back it up, then undeclared their undeclaration again.

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I'm not...

Then what are you doing?

11 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Yes. Converting the Dreamseed into a Healthium dreamseed strengthened it against any Unhealthy beings, but weakened it against other types of entities, much like Aluminum is almost immune to investiture, but is quite weak physically. Not that this mattered, as Nameless hand hadn't been absorbed into the Dreamseed, as if that was the case, anything that touched it would also have been absorbed.

Nameless misunderstood. Two dreamseeds had been found. One had been converted. The other had not.

Nameless hand had, in a sense, been absorbed the minute he touched the dreamseed, along with all the rest of him. That was how dreamseeds worked- they could adjust the space they occupied to absorb or reject certain things.

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless showed the mimes his thing to back it up, then undeclared their undeclaration again.

But his 'thing' was no more than an simple, average stick, easily snapped in two. The mimes did not withdraw their refusal to accept his undeclaration.

15 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Then what are you doing?

Keeping the world as in line as I can.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Nameless' party was catered by the Knight's bakery, and @The Awakened Salad, @AonEne, and @Lunamor were invited to battle it out in a food contest judged by an expert Tastebreaker.

Lunamor summoned a thread that had not been used for quite a while- The Happy Inquisitor. The cafe would be a wonderful place to prepare her food.

I can’t believe the candy plot lasted this long.

Nameless misunderstood. Two dreamseeds had been found. One had been converted. The other had not.

No, that's not what happened. You cannot change the plot of the story just to suit your every whim.

Nameless hand had, in a sense, been absorbed the minute he touched the dreamseed, along with all the rest of him. That was how dreamseeds worked- they could adjust the space they occupied to absorb or reject certain things.

And why, if this was the case, had the mime not been absorbed? you seem to be making up new things just to take the dreamseed.

Nameless decided to stop arguing with the Mimes, and, taking a deep breath, split TLT in two. In one half, Nameless hadn't noticed the mimes stealing the dreamseed. In the other, he had broken it, freeing Sugar and HFCS.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

Nameless' party was catered by the Knight's bakery, and @The Awakened Salad, @AonEne, and @Lunamor were invited to battle it out in a food contest judged by an expert Tastebreaker.

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor summoned a thread that had not been used for quite a while- The Happy Inquisitor. The cafe would be a wonderful place to prepare her food.

Salad went back to their bakery on TLPW to start salvaging what was left of their baked goods and to prepare fresh ones. They shot a glare at Nameless for eating the special super duper amazing chocolate cake that no one eats until I say it’s ready.

Where are we having the actual contest? In this thread or somewhere else?

Edited by The Awakened Salad