The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Shard of Thought said:

"When I'm done... Oh, when I'm done. Star will rip Pheo's still beating heart from his pale chest! She will be Queen once more, she will REIGN over your filthy commoners. You have no idea what you've done... When I'm done... When I'm done with her...." 

Truthless rolled his eyes. “I wouldn’t quite call myself common. And hopefully not filthy. But uh... be careful, y’know? I got into a fight with Star one time, and man does she fight hard.”

Astral's eye twitched as she put one leg on top of the other and her hands on her knees. "Exactly." She leaned forward, and put her cold, slender claws fingers under Truthless's chin. "I was her once. I fight hard too, my dear." She released him. "I am the very embodiment of the beauty of brokeness and power!" she hissed. "Star will be infused with my essence. I will die, yes... But it will be worth. Every. Moment."

Edited by Shard of Thought

52 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Jasnah and Kelsier wondered where Max was. 

@Jaywalk

You...why...

Jaywalk approached door to Kelsier and Jasnah’s home, each step full of anguish. What would they say? How...how could he tell them their son was gone forever?

He reached the porch. Arms wrapped around himself, he shuddered—though whether it was the chilly breeze or simply fear, he didn’t know.

He went to knock, but hesitated. His wounds, healed by the void, glowed faintly with a blue light. How could he show himself here...why was he here...why was he even ALIVE?

Enough.

He reached out, braced himself, and knocked.

Just now, Lunamor said:

“FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD RUN

“Oh, fine,” Truthless said, and began to run next to Luna. “Alright, what are we feeling today? A long distance day, maybe 7 miles or something? Ooh! Or we could do a steady state run for 30 minutes! If you’re feeling really ambitious, maybe we can do 400 repeats.”

4 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

You...why...

Jaywalk approached door to Kelsier and Jasnah’s home, each step full of anguish. What would they say? How...how could he tell them their son was gone forever?

He reached the porch. Arms wrapped around himself, he shuddered—though whether it was the chilly breeze or simply fear, he didn’t know.

He went to knock, but hesitated. His wounds, healed by the void, glowed faintly with a blue light. How could he show himself here...why was he here...why was he even ALIVE?

Enough.

He reached out, braced himself, and knocked.

REVENGE, my boy! Revenge... *evil, quiet laughter...*

Kelsier opened the door, grinning. "Jay!" he cried in his boisterous, powerful voice. "It's good see you, we were just wondering where Max went when we remembered we left him with you. He is.... with you... right?"

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

REVENGE, my boy! Revenge... *evil, quiet laughter...*

Kelsier opened the door, grinning. "Jay!" he cried in his boisterous, powerful voice. "It's good see you, we were just wondering where Max went when we remembered we left him with you. He is.... with you... right?"

I know. I deserve it.

Jaywalk opened his mouth to say something, anything, but no sound came out. How did you tell someone that their kid was dead, when that same kid was supposed to be YOUR responsibility?

”I...Is it all right if I come in?”

1 minute ago, Jaywalk said:

I know. I deserve it.

Jaywalk opened his mouth to say something, anything, but no sound came out. How did you tell someone that their kid was dead, when that same kid was supposed to be YOUR responsibility?

”I...Is it all right if I come in?”

"Yes, of course," Kelsier said, nodding. "You're always welcome."

12 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Oh, fine,” Truthless said, and began to run next to Luna. “Alright, what are we feeling today? A long distance day, maybe 7 miles or something? Ooh! Or we could do a steady state run for 30 minutes! If you’re feeling really ambitious, maybe we can do 400 repeats.”

Luna raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, no thanks.” She teleported back to the studio.

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

"Yes, of course," Kelsier said, nodding. "You're always welcome."

Jaywalk stepped inside. Jasnah sat at the table, sipping coffee. She looked up, smiling. “Jay! What a surprise!”

He looked from her, to Kelsier, then back to her. “Max is...he’s...” Hands trembling, he burst into tears, void-veins flashing with each sob. “I’m so sorry...”

4 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Jaywalk stepped inside. Jasnah sat at the table, sipping coffee. She looked up, smiling. “Jay! What a surprise!”

He looked from her, to Kelsier, then back to her. “Max is...he’s...” Hands trembling, he burst into tears, void-veins flashing with each sob. “I’m so sorry...”

Kelsier's face fell, his posture slumping. "No," he said. "No, not another one... My son..." 

Even Jasnah's expression softened. She said nothing, looking down at her coffee, unsure how to react. "How did this happen?" she asked, her voice uncharacteristically soft.

Edited by Shard of Thought