The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Kelsier's face fell, his posture slumping. "No," he said. "No, not another one... My son..." 

Even Jasnah's expression softened. She said nothing, looking down at her coffee, unsure how to react. "How did this happen?" she asked, her voice uncharacteristically soft.

“Astral...the withergeists...I barely escaped with my life myself.” He shook his head. “But that doesn’t matter. I deserve to be dead.”

9 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

“Astral...the withergeists...I barely escaped with my life myself.” He shook his head. “But that doesn’t matter. I deserve to be dead.”

Kelsier glared, his grief becoming cold anger. "Astral," he growled. "Whatever that creature is, I will-"

Jasnah laid a hand on his arm, giving him a look. Not a stubborn one. A pained one. "Kelsier, look at Jay. He is grieving. And you should be too."

Kelsier shook, clenching his hands into fists. "I can't lose someone else!he cried, frantic.

"But you have," Jasnah said firmly. There was a long silence. "You don't think I'm angry too?" Tears streamed down her cheeks. "Max didn't deserve to die."

Edited by Shard of Thought

5 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Kelsier glared, his grief becoming cold anger. "Astral," he growled. "Whatever that creature is, I will-"

Jasnah laid a hand on his arm, giving him a look. Not a stubborn one. A pained one. "Kelsier, look at Jay. He is grieving. And you should be too."

Kelsier shook, clenching his hands into fists. "I can't lose someone else!he cried, frantic.

"But you have," Jasnah said firmly. There was a long silence. "You don't think I'm angry too?" Tears streamed down her cheeks. "Max didn't deserve to die."

“I’m really, truly sorry,” Jaywalk said. “He was my responsibility.” He looked into Kelsier’s eyes. “Have your revenge if you want. I understand.”

The lamp was going out. Bit by bit, its radiance was dimming. And with it, its protection.

Xinoehp didn't remember where he'd picked it up. He didn't know how it worked. But, somehow, it had protected him from the withergeists so far.
He'd thought reaching the top of the mountain would provide an answer. A path to take that would let him fix everything.
But nothing had shown itself so far. And now the light was dimming.
He didn't want to think about what would happen if it went out.

35 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The lamp was going out. Bit by bit, its radiance was dimming. And with it, its protection.

Xinoehp didn't remember where he'd picked it up. He didn't know how it worked. But, somehow, it had protected him from the withergeists so far.
He'd thought reaching the top of the mountain would provide an answer. A path to take that would let him fix everything.
But nothing had shown itself so far. And now the light was dimming.
He didn't want to think about what would happen if it went out.

Xino? Are you okay?

The consultant he hired should work.

Fate gazed at him with an unreadable expression. "You will pay any price?"

"Yes," whispered Xinoehp. "Just let this nightmare end..."

Fate smiled. "It is done. Or," he raised an eyebrow. "perhaps it will be done. Or maybe it has been done already. Which, only time will reveal."