The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

The Once-Author adds small things, stained glass, domes and arches.

"Looks lovely! Let's get a bit closer.." The platform appeared a half-mile or so above the city, and Sequence continued to wave her hands in a musical conductor-like manner, trees and benches and buildings appearing in an ever expanding direction down the mountain.

Just now, Ookla the Categorized said:

"Looks lovely! Let's get a bit closer.." The platform appeared a half-mile or so above the city, and Sequence continued to wave her hands in a musical conductor-like manner, trees and benches and buildings appearing in an ever expanding direction down the mountain.

The Once-Author wrote in smaller details, colorful fruits, thick black grass, dimly glowing moss on the sides of trees. "This is fun..."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

The Once-Author wrote in smaller details, colorful fruits, thick black grass, dimly glowing moss on the sides of trees. "This is fun..."

Sequence grinned, waving her hand with a flourish as a stone fountain appeared in the city center. "Now for a name! ... Hm.. I've always sucked at names... You got anything?"

Just now, Ookla the Categorized said:

Sequence grinned, waving her hand with a flourish as a stone fountain appeared in the city center. "Now for a name! ... Hm.. I've always sucked at names... You got anything?"

The Once-Author looked at the city happily. "Eh... I'm horrible too. Random name generator?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Lord Ruler said:

Nerdy appeared out of nowhere. "You take a common  name and add a bunch of vowels and underused characters. It looks good and it's easy."

Nerdy then began to eat a lemon sandwich cookie.

"That's... actually not a bad idea!" Sequence thought for a moment. "Common name... like.. Sam? And then... vowels.. like.. A, and U? Samua, then.. underused characters like.. Q? Samqua. Huh."

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Almost definitely." 

Sequence nodded, thinking for a moment. "How do you feel about.. 'Taline'? Technically that's taken by a small town in Armenia already.. but I don't think anyone cares." Sequence shrugged.

23 hours ago, Ookla the Immortal said:

"Guided? You didn't guide me. You infiltrated my head at the last moment to justify coming here, and I'm here to undo that. Do your worst." Platypus flares up, light exploding from him like a star, pushing shadows back.

"I guided Thaidakar, I guided Desolation. In turn, they guided you," Darkness said softly.

The shadows seemed to brighten for a moment, then turn back to darkness. A heavy power permeated the room, containing the light primarily directly around Platypus, not touching most of the room. It illiminated Thaidakar's pale, dead face however, ashen white.

"I guide Thaidakar now, but not in the way you think, I would think..."

11 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"I guided Thaidakar, I guided Desolation. In turn, they guided you," Darkness said softly.

The shadows seemed to brighten for a moment, then turn back to darkness. A heavy power permeated the room, containing the light primarily directly around Platypus, not touching most of the room. It illiminated Thaidakar's pale, dead face however, ashen white.

"I guide Thaidakar now, but not in the way you think, I would think..."

"Desolation didn't guide me," Platypus scoffed. "He barely did anything with me. All he would try to do is steal my Narration and run. I hope you'll do more than that."

The darkness pressed in nearer Platypus, except in front of him where the light formed a beam and shot forward towards Thaidakar.

Edited by Immortal Platypus

16 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

"Desolation didn't guide me," Platypus scoffed. "He barely did anything with me. All he would try to do is steal my Narration and run. I hope you'll do more than that."

The darkness pressed in nearer Platypus, except in front of him where it formed a beam and shot forward towards Thaidakar.

The darkness became a beam? Or did the light? One has a wildly different response than the other, and the converse.

11 hours ago, Immortal Platypus said:

The darkness pressed in nearer Platypus, except in front of him where the light formed a beam and shot forward towards Thaidakar.

A shimmering barrier formed between the light and Thaidakar, reflecting it back at Platypus.

"Of course, Platypus, of course..." Darkness said, "even if I did, it wouldn't be merely for your Narration. Everything I do is in the service of my larger goals."

I'm staling kinda because I'm trying to figure out how op Darkness should be...

52 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

A shimmering barrier formed between the light and Thaidakar, reflecting it back at Platypus.

"Of course, Platypus, of course..." Darkness said, "even if I did, it wouldn't be merely for your Narration. Everything I do is in the service of my larger goals."

I'm staling kinda because I'm trying to figure out how op Darkness should be...

The light simply reaches him, circles him and attacks again.

yeah, pretty much same

3 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

The light simply reaches him, circles him and attacks again.

yeah, pretty much same

Darkness sighed, "I assume I will have to put in some actual effort into this?" Before Platypus answered, the entity said, "Fine, then."

Y'all ready for this? this about to go crazy.

Hands constructed of what appeared to be shadow reached for Platypus from all sides. In the air around them, they appeared, reaching for him. When they touched him, it seemed to start to sear him a bit. Being a luxsprite helped a bit, most likely, but it still would hurt. A dark sword formed in front of Thaidakar's corpse, lunging into the light. It didn't destroy the light, nor was it destroyed by the light. It merely pushed the light forward away where it was taken by the darkness and fenced off into millions of small areas, thus creating small sparkling bits of light throughout the room.

The hands attempted to rip Platypus limb from limb, dragging him to the ground and up into the air all at once.

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Darkness sighed, "I assume I will have to put in some actual effort into this?" Before Platypus answered, the entity said, "Fine, then."

Y'all ready for this? this about to go crazy.

Hands constructed of what appeared to be shadow reached for Platypus from all sides. In the air around them, they appeared, reaching for him. When they touched him, it seemed to start to sear him a bit. Being a luxsprite helped a bit, most likely, but it still would hurt. A dark sword formed in front of Thaidakar's corpse, lunging into the light. It didn't destroy the light, nor was it destroyed by the light. It merely pushed the light forward away where it was taken by the darkness and fenced off into millions of small areas, thus creating small sparkling bits of light throughout the room.

The hands attempted to rip Platypus limb from limb, dragging him to the ground and up into the air all at once.

Platypus laughed quietly. The thing (there was no other word for it) that the hands had grabbed tore apart, blood showering everywhere. Then a brilliant explosion blasted the shadows away as Platypus stepped into the room. "You should be more cautious. I didn't respond for a long time." 

Light radiating off of him, he easily locked blades with the one in front of Thaid's corpse and threw the sword away, then spun around the room, slashing everything, not letting anything, anything, near him.

On 12/4/2023 at 4:18 PM, Ookla the Reborn said:

"I'd be more impressed if you'd brought us somewhere useful." shot back Jeremy. "What use is dimension-hopping if you can only end up in weird places inhabited by 'unimaginable horrors?'

All of a sudden, Jeremy noticed the eyes.

"Uhh," he said, backing up. "Uhhhh."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

All of a sudden, Jeremy noticed the eyes.

"Uhh," he said, backing up. "Uhhhh."

@NameIess

1 minute ago, Immortal Platypus said:

Platypus laughed quietly. The thing (there was no other word for it) that the hands had grabbed tore apart, blood showering everywhere. Then a brilliant explosion blasted the shadows away as Platypus stepped into the room. "You should be more cautious. I didn't respond for a long time." 

Light radiating off of him, he easily locked blades with the one in front of Thaid's corpse and threw the sword away, then spun around the room, slashing everything, not letting anything, anything, near him.

urm. So Platypus hadn't actually entered the room? The room's door was gone at this point... but okay.

The shadows, quite simply, were not completely blasted away. One could not destroy Darkness' essence that easily. The darkness came back quite instantly, oppressively pushing on the light in the room. The sword parried the attack. The shadows pressed in on the room, pushing the light directly into a small pocket where Platypus was. 

Thaidakar's corpse moved suddenly, convulsing. It fell to the ground. An oozy, horrible smell permeated the air as something horrific occurred on the ground that defied description, leaving Thaidakar's bones upon the ground. Those were swiftly consumed by the shadows "I do not need a body any longer, Platypus. There is a purpose to everything I do. I needed the time away from excessive narration to gain my abilities again." 

Dozens of shadowy swords formed in the air, crafted with Narration and a small bit of Plot threading. They all charged at Platypus at once, not going one at a time like in the movies. They moved fluidly, all as one, making attacks at all different places. 

In the back of the room, formed from darkness and what appeared to be some flesh, was a creature. The voice it spoke with was not Darkness'.

"Die, Platypus," spoke Thaidakar's voice, sounding more alien than ever before. The creature attacked Platypus, wielding a great sword.