Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

Could someone please clarify what in bloody heck is going on? Also :( why is everyone else getting pm's and no one is contacting poor old Porfiry? Sure, he was busy the last couple of nights finishing that pile of paperwork, but he's finished it all by now.

@little wilson 

3 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Joe.

18 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Yes. :P

I was in contact with a person claiming priest last cycle, and I believe they might be evil. I'm approximately 95% certain about this. However, if I am right, Joe would certainly have to be evil as well. I'm hesitant to lynch the priest claimant without checking Joe's alignment first.

I need to talk to someone else before saying anything more, but there's a very good chance I will shed much more light on precisely why I was just attacked (or my guess about this, anyway, since I don't think it was because of the village reads).

28 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Yes. :P

I was in contact with a person claiming priest last cycle, and I believe they might be evil. I'm approximately 95% certain about this. However, if I am right, Joe would certainly have to be evil as well. I'm hesitant to lynch the priest claimant without checking Joe's alignment first.

I need to talk to someone else before saying anything more, but there's a very good chance I will shed much more light on precisely why I was just attacked (or my guess about this, anyway, since I don't think it was because of the village reads).

I'd like to see some evidence, although I believe you are village and you seem pretty sure. Let us know if you get confirmation and are able to share.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Only a single convert. Either no Odiv yet, or the Odiv is holding back to create uncertainty about when they were sworn. Or Odiv had a different action they wanted to take, maybe but less likely.

I think they're holding back, so that we don't know when they were created. The Gyorn has had plenty of time to make an Odiv, and I doubt many actions would take precedence over a conversion, so the other options just don't hold water IMO.

Also, if there's another Jindo out there, I think protecting Wilson would be a darn good idea tonight. Because the first Jindo will be on recharge, I put the chance of a second go at Wilson very high.

Nice work Jindo. I'm glad they didn't protect me, haha. (making sure not to sound too excited here ;))

But seriously, I felt like we needed something to go right, and a blocked attack gives us a little more time to catch the remaining Jeskeri and the Gyorn/Odiv. My suspects list is pretty small at this point, and Joe is on it, so I'd support a Joe lynch as things stand right now(I think he is sick though, which sucks. Get well soon Joe!). I think going over my villagers list and reconsidering a few of them would also be a good idea. I feel like it's a good idea to just reset things back to normal sometimes to keep an unbiased opinion.

Anyways, I didn't get much sleep last night and had a long day today, so this will likely be my last post for the night. As a heads up, I've got family over, so my activity will probably be erratic over the next 2 days.

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

I am not Evil. I am glad i decided to check the game one last time though. As my workload and schooload have both increased, following the end of QF31 i will be taking an indefinite hiatus from SE. Feel free to lynch me. I am sending my Seon to a player i trust.

57 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

But seriously, I felt like we needed something to go right, and a blocked attack gives us a little more time to catch the remaining Jeskeri and the Gyorn/Odiv. My suspects list is pretty small at this point, and Joe is on it, so I'd support a Joe lynch as things stand right now(I think he is sick though, which sucks. Get well soon Joe!). I think going over my villagers list and reconsidering a few of them would also be a good idea. I feel like it's a good idea to just reset things back to normal sometimes to keep an unbiased opinion.

I am not sick anymore. The widely accepted opinion is that i was never sick, just far too stressed out by to many commitments and responsibilities. But thank you for hesitating to lynch me.

A Joe in the Bush
Edited by A Joe in the Bush

I'm feeling a little lost.

I'm sad to hear Joe is taking a hiatus from SE. :( At least we had a fun bout of RP at the start of this game. I really, really hope that someday, we will get the opportunity to show you a good welcome as a returning player :P But I am sad to see you leaving :( Good luck.

I am slightly wary of this situation (and Wilson surviving an attack slightly magnifies my paranoia), particularly since Joe's self-vote does not strike me as an elim behavior. But I also think that this is too early in the game for elim!Wilson to be asking for this kind of leap of faith. Also, Pyro is in on whatever this is, and I mostly trust Pyro (plus, if this were an elim ploy, they'd be less likely to put two people on the line for it).

So I'm reasonably confident that Wilson and Pyro are not pulling some kind of trick as elims, and I'm reasonably confident that they both have good judgement. So, for now, I will defer to Wilson and Pyro's insight on this, with the understanding that an explanation will be forthcoming soon.

@Dalinar Kholin Joe has made me rethink my theory about the priest claimant and why I thought I had been attacked. I'm much more hesitant about lynching him to check the priest when I am not convinced he's evil now and if Joe's village, the priest is definitely village. I thought I had been attacked because of specific information I had shared with the priest and I was going to share that information with the thread, but if the priest isn't Jeskeri, this is information that really shouldn't be public knowledge right now. Or, preferably, until the game ends.

What I can say is that, yes, I was in contact with the Jindo who protected me. I got paranoid about the priest and Joe last night and started searching for pendants to throw at one of them to see if my paranoia was accurate, but when that search was unsuccessful, I requested protection from the Jindo and they thankfully got on in time to deliver. When the attack went through, I grew more certain in my paranoia, but now I'm thinking it may have just been coincidence. Wouldn't be the first coincidence to happen this game. Hence the silence. I'm currently rethinking.

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

@Dalinar Kholin Joe has made me rethink my theory about the priest claimant and why I thought I had been attacked. I'm much more hesitant about lynching him to check the priest when I am not convinced he's evil now and if Joe's village, the priest is definitely village. I thought I had been attacked because of specific information I had shared with the priest and I was going to share that information with the thread, but if the priest isn't Jeskeri, this is information that really shouldn't be public knowledge right now. Or, preferably, until the game ends.

What I can say is that, yes, I was in contact with the Jindo who protected me. I got paranoid about the priest and Joe last night and started searching for pendants to throw at one of them to see if my paranoia was accurate, but when that search was unsuccessful, I requested protection from the Jindo and they thankfully got on in time to deliver. When the attack went through, I grew more certain in my paranoia, but now I'm thinking it may have just been coincidence. Wouldn't be the first coincidence to happen this game. Hence the silence. I'm currently rethinking.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm thinking as well. I'll admit that I'm partly to blame for Wilson's paranoia, as she explained some of the situation to me, and I was less sure about the Priest's villageness than her and brought up why, which caused her to rethink whether she should trust the Priest.

At this point, I would try to offer up an alternative lynch, but I just do not have the time to find a lynch I feel comfortable pushing. I'll probably have to listen to ya'lls accusations and vote alongside whichever I find the most likely to be right.

I know at least one reason why Wilson was stalling, and it's time for me to bring it to light. I received a PM from her at the beginning of this cycle, asking me to serve as an intermediary between her and Drake. The Priest claimant apparently told her that they scanned Drake as a Jeskeri, and Wilson wanted me to discreetly find out whether or not Drake was a villager with a Jeskeri Pendant. I used my seon to contact Drake early this cycle, and told him a bogus story about receiving a PM from a player I thought was the Gyorn, and so I was looking for a Pendant. Drake just barely claimed to me to not have any Pendants. This means that he's not a villager with a Jeskeri Pendant, and so only two options remain:

1. Drake is a Jeskeri, scanned by the Priest, and now he can't lie and say he has a Pendant

2. The Priest is evil, as Wilson was paranoid about.

I think the first option has a 90% chance of being right, because it's too early in the game for an elim Priest claimant to make a suicide gamble like that. As a result, we can lynch an almost-confirmed Jeskeri in Drake, and if we succeed then we can clear the Priest claimant without having to lynch them or Joe.

13 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

So just to be clear, no one has claimed to be this priest that Wilson was in contact with? I'm trying to figure out what happened, cause I'm a bit confused.

Wilson claims that they are in contact with her and Joe basically backed that up by not going "what in the AonDor?" when she mentioned his name in conjunction with it. The scanner has probably asked for anonymity so they don't pick up an elim kill.

10 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

So just to be clear, no one has claimed to be this priest that Wilson was in contact with? I'm trying to figure out what happened, cause I'm a bit confused.

Why would someone claim that? If they are a village priest, that's basically begging for the elims to off them just like they did Aman. However, this person is the person scanned by Aman cycle 1, before Aman went into Elantris and was subsequently murdered. This person also claims to have scanned Lopen and I as Arelish non converts (which is true, at least for me). They have also claimed to Lopen.

Oh, and I'll back Len up. That's exactly why I was stalling. I mean, I was also rethinking, but I had a lead and I wanted to follow it through before saying much more to the thread. Joe. Drake . I started getting a bad read on Drake last cycle and mentioned it to Lopen, who then accused Drake. His defense doesn't sway me, and he's been fairly ambivalent and quiet unless called out, which is not really how he generally plays. Additionally, I rather strongly dislike his repeated references to AG3 and a WGG, when it should be obvious that this is a very different situation (if you'd like me to explain that further, I would be happy to). Strikes me more as an eliminator subtly trying to get villagers paranoid about a strongly read villager than an actual villager paranoid about another villager.

Drake . Although I'm still a little confused and suspicious, lynching Drake will for sure find us an elim (either the priest who claims he is evil or Drake, and I don't see why the elims would go out on a limb this early in the game). I appreciate the explanation Wilson. It makes sense both why you were taking time to respond, and why certain members don't want to reveal themselves (the priest and Jindo Warrior who would makie themselves targets).

I listened to the argument that was made for killing Drake. It made sense, and I trusted them from being attacked and the things they had said. 

I also spoke, speaking of how I appreciated how certain individuals were more active since I threatened them with rotten eggs. 

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

I know at least one reason why Wilson was stalling, and it's time for me to bring it to light. I received a PM from her at the beginning of this cycle, asking me to serve as an intermediary between her and Drake. The Priest claimant apparently told her that they scanned Drake as a Jeskeri, and Wilson wanted me to discreetly find out whether or not Drake was a villager with a Jeskeri Pendant. I used my seon to contact Drake early this cycle, and told him a bogus story about receiving a PM from a player I thought was the Gyorn, and so I was looking for a Pendant. Drake just barely claimed to me to not have any Pendants. This means that he's not a villager with a Jeskeri Pendant, and so only two options remain:

1. Drake is a Jeskeri, scanned by the Priest, and now he can't lie and say he has a Pendant

2. The Priest is evil, as Wilson was paranoid about.

I think the first option has a 90% chance of being right, because it's too early in the game for an elim Priest claimant to make a suicide gamble like that. As a result, we can lynch an almost-confirmed Jeskeri in Drake, and if we succeed then we can clear the Priest claimant without having to lynch them or Joe.

Well. That's kind of awkward. I don't really expect you to believe me, given the apparent situation. But with all due respect, I had virtually no interest in using my pendant on your fictional suspect. I don't feel very bad in saying that owning two items is a pretty lousy reason to be looking for somebody with a pendant, because apparently that story was a lie anyway.

Why I say you probably won't believe me is that I didn't reveal I had a pendant, which is sort of awkward now, given the situation. But why exactly would I tell you I had a pendant if I didn't intend to use it as you requested? Kind of unnecessary to tip my hand to somebody I don't completely trust, beyond that I'm still pretty sure you aren't Derethi.

I am an Arelish Citizen. I started the game with a Poison Vial and a Jeskeri Pendant.

If you are willing to let me prove it, I can confirm that I possess both of these items, by passing them to whomever you like, or using them on whomever you like.

48 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Why would someone claim that? If they are a village priest, that's basically begging for the elims to off them just like they did Aman. However, this person is the person scanned by Aman cycle 1, before Aman went into Elantris and was subsequently murdered. This person also claims to have scanned Lopen and I as Arelish non converts (which is true, at least for me). They have also claimed to Lopen.

Oh, and I'll back Len up. That's exactly why I was stalling. I mean, I was also rethinking, but I had a lead and I wanted to follow it through before saying much more to the thread. Joe. Drake . I started getting a bad read on Drake last cycle and mentioned it to Lopen, who then accused Drake. His defense doesn't sway me, and he's been fairly ambivalent and quiet unless called out, which is not really how he generally plays. Additionally, I rather strongly dislike his repeated references to AG3 and a WGG, when it should be obvious that this is a very different situation (if you'd like me to explain that further, I would be happy to). Strikes me more as an eliminator subtly trying to get villagers paranoid about a strongly read villager than an actual villager paranoid about another villager.

You don't like my playstyle? Kind of rude, but I should point you to the bit where I said I don't have a lot of time. Also, I don't think you can reasonably expect people to forget AG3 in a hurry.

And that's about all I have to say. You can let me prove I actually do have a pendant, which probably won't cost you much unless there's something I'm missing, or you can kill me now, which would be kind of bothersome, but at least I get free time. Your call; whatever you want to do, I have things I need to go to right now so bye.

4 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

... I think we might want to hold off on Drake.  I mean, it should be pretty easy to confirm whether he's telling the truth, and I REALLY don't think we should throw away a vigilante kill this quickly.  I also don't think we should lynch Joe, as there ARE pinch hitters.

No pinch hitters left.

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

Just posting to confirm all of this. The Priest contacted me a Cycle or so ago and told me they'd scanned me and Wilson, at which point me and Wilson were trying to figure out if they were trustworthy or not. Assuming Drake is evil, they almost definitely are.

1 hour ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Drake . Although I'm still a little confused and suspicious, lynching Drake will for sure find us an elim (either the priest who claims he is evil or Drake, and I don't see why the elims would go out on a limb this early in the game). I appreciate the explanation Wilson. It makes sense both why you were taking time to respond, and why certain members don't want to reveal themselves (the priest and Jindo Warrior who would makie themselves targets).

Well, there's also the possibility that Drake is a villager with a Jeskeri Pendant like he's claiming, which means we're not guaranteed to find an elim.

Looking back over Drake's defense last Night, I think it was his offer to be pendanted instead of lynch that swayed me, since eliminators really do rarely try that(at least, in my memory they don't), but I guess it does seem a little drastic after only a single player had accused him of being suspicious.

2 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

... I think we might want to hold off on Drake.  I mean, it should be pretty easy to confirm whether he's telling the truth, and I REALLY don't think we should throw away a vigilante kill this quickly.  I also don't think we should lynch Joe, as there ARE pinch hitters.

Actually all of our pinch hitters are already in the game. :/

I don't think it's safe to hold off on Drake. If any of the Jeskeri have a Jeskeri Pendant, then they could use it to "prove" he had one. And even if they don't, this could be Drake trying to stall his death. I'm not 100% confident that Drake is evil, but the tipping point for me is lying about not having a Pendant, because admitting to having a Jeskeri Pendant isn't too likely to make you a priority target for the Jeskeri and it also helps people know whether they should trust a scan on you if you're ever scanned. I mean, if someone specifically asked me if I had a Jeskeri Pendant to help them kill someone, I'm pretty sure I'd consider the fact that I may have been scanned and they're trying to see what alignment I'd show up as. I'd also probably have used a Jeskeri Pendant at this point as well, since I'd want my real alignment to show up on scans.