Origin of your username

Tesh

I had to come up with a name for a character for Neverwinter Nights (the game). I named him Mestiv Enitle (or something like that, not sure if I remember the surname correctly). It was like 16 years ago :o Since then I used this name in most of the games. Then, the Internet came. First, when I hanged around the Polish websites I used to be Zielony (Green). Then, when this nick was taken almost everywhere I switched to Mestiv, which is never taken anywhere.

15 hours ago, Avandar said:

Avandar is the coolest character from Michele West SunSword series.

He is the Warlord and when he kills someone he receives the remainder of their lifespan   

Even the Gods fear him

Huh. I'd probably just set a city on fire.

6 hours ago, PrinceDusty said:

My friends started calling me Dusty a while ago(before I read Stormlight and knew about how awesome Dustbringers were, mind you. I'm not that unoriginal...) and my mothers maiden name is Prince(plus, Prince sounds cool) so yeah

The Half-Blood Prince...

I've found him!

My user name came from a MMO video game years ago (I think the first one I used it on was WoW, maybe Perfect World). I used to just keyslam when picking a name, then adjust it make it sound better. I really liked this one, so I've stuck with it for several years over several platforms.

I've had this one a long time. Basically, the first thing I signed up for was Club Penguin, and we were trying to come up with a good nickname. We figured, I'm a kid, and apparently a penguin, so kidpenguin. But that was too long, so we shortened it to kidpen. Now I very much identify with that username.

I was honestly just bored in seminary (religious studies) in school one day, so I started looking up random stuff in the Bible Dictionary. I found Apollyon, which is apparently translated from Greek to mean ‘destruction’ which is a plus. It’s also used as the title for the ‘angel of the abyss’ which sounds cool, and the abyss is a very central idea to my books.

7 minutes ago, ShardBreaker said:

I have no clue why I chose my username, just sounded cool. I've been thinking about changing it, does anybody have suggestions? (I've been thinking about SoulSpren)

Come up with a name for a twinborn that sounds cool, then use it. I think that would be a good name.

My name comes from ancient history.

Jehoiada was a preist of Israel during reign of King Joash. Joash was seven years old when he came to the throne. Joash wanted to be a good king and with the help of Jehoiada he was able to fix the temple and earn favour with the people. But Jehoiada died at the age of 130, then Joash still being young was influenced to do wrong, he started worshiping false gods. God moved Jehoiada's son to tell Joash to get right, but he harkened not and stoned Jehoiada's son. Therefore God moved to judge the king and all the people who followed him. The enemy came and took some land, the king went to fight and marched thousands of soldiers to their death, which finally lead the people to rise up and kill him. If only he had taken to heart what God through Jehoiada had told him.

So I named myself Jehoiada, so that I may help someone go in the right direction. 

Full account is located in 2 Chronicles 24, The Bible.

• 4 weeks later...

I was playing the boon/bane game on the forum and my wish was to meet the  drunk Monkey who names all of the Gods in hallandrin  my Bane was too be named by That Monkey and the person who gave me my Bane came up with darkwalker so I decided to change my username 

Edited by Darkwalker

Barbarian that I am, I once cycled out into the motorway and panicked. I called a friend to pick me up and salvage the situation. I thought it was legal when it clearly wasn't. My best friend dubbed me AL (my name) the barbarian that day. Its been a running joke every since that I now choose to embrace lol.