Long Game 3: Blackwater Village

Peng the Just

Arst awoke. He groaned, feeling groggy, but he stood and walked outside. The sun was set, and the mists were out. He knew he'd been asleep for much too long. Arst walked past the square, and heard a voice reach his ears. "He was spiked. A mistborn too, I heard."

He frowned, and looked at the speaker. Unfamiliar. "Who?"

The woman turned. "Asp. Didn't you hear? He's dead now, though."

The beast inside Arst roared with triumph. Arst froze, then broke into a smile. "We will rid Blackwater of these murderers yet!" He then started off toward the tavern, hoping some spiced ale would wake him up.

Two Hours Later:

Arst staggered out of the tavern, slightly drunk.

Hey guys, sorry for my inactive streak. I'm back.

EDIT: The sun isn't rising, stupid me. :P

Edited by Dalinar

Gamut landed with a grunt, flaring his Iron and pulling at one of the metal bars on top of a building behind him to slow his descent. The mists puffed up and twisted around him as he landed, long, thin tendrils grasping at him, almost like fingers.

It had been a busy night for him, jumping from meeting place to meeting place, gathering intel from various correspondents. All the little birdies singing in my ear. And I don't know if I can trust a single song.

But some whispers were better than none.

I'm doing everything I can, Gamut reaffirmed to himself. I just hope it's enough.

15 Years Ago....

"You can't protect everybody" That was one of Gamut's old master's favorite sayings, and he repeated it again for Gamut to hear. "I know you grow tired of hearing it. But even you must realize it's not possible. Even with your gifts."

"But why not?!" Gamut demanded. "What's the point of having this power if I can't protect everybody?"

"Because Power is not what you think it is. Yes, you have the ability to pull metals to you, or yourself toward metal. But does that make you more powerful than me? Or what about the average Skaa, not blessed with such gifts?

"You? No. Because you're a Mistborn. Obviously I'm not stronger than you."

"Ah. But you're confusing Power and Strength. Those are two separate things, often confused for one in the same."

"So what's the difference, then?"

"Strength is the measure of what you can do. Power is the way you use that strength. Remember this lesson, and you'll never lack the power to protect those you care about......"

Gamut remembered those old lessons as he walked into Lurcher's Inn, taking a look around at all of those who hadn't retired for the night yet.
"I don't know if I'm strong enough. But I'm going to do everything in my power to protect these people." He promised himself as he took a seat, burning a little bit of Iron to pull an empty tankard on a nearby table towards him. He grabbed it as it smacked into his hands and saw Bartson was already on his way over to fill him up.

Gamut saw his informant out of the corner of his eye, and burned just a little bit more Iron. The coin sitting on the table next to his informant, everybody thought they always left it out for an extra tip to Bartson, whenever he would make his way around the room to actually collect, but it had a more discreet purpose.

The coin ever slightly shifted and moved on the table, as Gamut ever-so-carefully Pulled on it. That meant that the two of them had things to talk about. The informant stood up from the table, knocking their knuckles twice against the wood -- indicating they got the signal -- and walked out the bar. Gamut waited a few minutes and eventually finished his drink and followed.

The sun may be coming up. But this night is far from over.

OOC: Hope nobodies minding the RP. Just figure I'd have as much fun as possible while I can. I'm still sifting through all the info everyone has dumped on me, and would like to thank whomever's all come forward, so far. It is making things a lot easier.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Kandra. Is it at all Possible that Peng Put in a Duo of Kandra in the Game? In the Art of Creating Roles Thread, we've been talking about that for sometime. Having a Gamemaster put a Pair of Kandra into the Game with the Blessings of Stuff, making them immune to Emotional Alomancy. Their only Job is to Survive unnoticed. and  they Can't be seeked.

Bartson snuck through the night, flaring tin. He was pretty sure he knew where the spiked would be meeting this night. He snuck over to the abandoned house of Yeb, one of the first victims the spiked had targeted. As he got close, he heard voices indistinctly. He dropped a boxing on the ground and Pushed off of it, landing on the roof. He crouched down and put his ear against the roof, trying to listen.

Suddenly, the roof collapsed and Bartson fell into a lit room.

“well, it seems as if our next target has delivered himself to us.” A shadowed figure announced.

An obsidian axe fell, separating bartson’s head from his body.

-----------------------

Business was hard for Forage. At first when the mysterious “hoid” had set up trade with forage, business had been booming. Everyone had been eager to come and spend their money on the mysterious goods from other worlds, but he had not seen anything of Hoid in three years, and people still clamoured for the mysterious goods, and forage had been forced to offer inferior substitutes. He laid in his cot at the back of his store, lamenting his fate, when suddenly a noise came from the shop.

Hopeful, he walked in to the front of his store “hoid?” he called out “is that you?”

“nope” said a voice, and a spray of coins hit forage in the chest.

-------------------

That night, with bartson’s inn abandoned, two messages appeared.

Painted onto the door was

tineye3_zpsfd266827.png

And carved into the bar was:

mAnd who are you the proud Asp said
That I must bow so low?
Only a spook in a Lurchers cloak
That's all the truth I know
With spikes of gold and spikes of lead
An Inquisitor still has claws
And mine are long and sharp, Gamut
As long as sharp as yours
And so he spoke, and so he spoke
As Ruin whispered in his ear
And now the mists sweep o'er his hall
With not a soul to hearExcept Tineyes
Yes now the mists sweep o'er his halls
And the spiked are left to fear

-----------------------

bartson was a Mistborn

Forage was a smoker

day three begins now and will end in about 36 hours

Edited by jasonpenguin

Ouch, Mistborn for a mistborn it seems. Nice to know there were 2 of those, would have been nicer to find out about Bartson a different way though :/

Clan slumped in a chair in the inn, wishing for a drink but lacking the energy to get himself one. Getting woken by screams and cries each night made it storming hard to get a proper rest.

Just when things were going so well, Bartson had to go get himself killed. First Cyrus, then Asp, now Bartson. How many rusting mistborn are there in this village! And when will they learn that they aren't invincible.

Who do these tineyes think they are, just cos Bartson's 'ead doesn't mean they ought ta be vandalizing 'is property. Murdered this very night, and they're already defacin' his inn.

Gamut had been out, jumping and pulling himself from rooftop to rooftop, patrolling around the city one final time. And that was when he heard the noise. Gamut flared Iron with a panic, and lurched himself in the direction the commotion had come from, barreling through the dense mists.

He got there too late, only to see Bartson's motionless corpse laying amidst the rubble of the collapsed ceiling, warm blood still leaking from the gash on his head.

He fell to his knees. "Why?! Why couldn't I protect them!" Gamut spat and cursed at the mists, now crawling throughout the room, claiming the abandoned house.
"Why didn't he let me know? I could have protected him!"

"You can't protect everybody." A voice whispered from the shadows. Gamut's informant, of course. Who else would be able to find him so quickly?
"I felt the Allomantic Pulses and came as quickly as I could. But there was nothing you could have done here."

Gamut went to reply, but then a bunch of blue lines sprung up from him, moving and coming from around the corner. At just that moment a group of villagers burst out of the night, their torches illuminating the patches of mists around them. Gamut turned his head to warn his informant to get out of here, but the Seeker was already gone.

Sneaky as a Tineye, that one. Gamut laughed to himself, but the joy was mostly hollow. He took one last look at Bartson's body, and offered a silent prayer some wandering Terrisman had told him about years ago. He couldn't even remember the name of the extinct religion, but the words always sounded nice to him.

Gamut finished his prayer and burned his Iron, pulling himself up and away from the wrecked building, disappearing into the Mists before they were burned away by the rising sun.
I'll do better next time...he vowed to himself.

Kandra. Is it at all Possible that Peng Put in a Duo of Kandra in the Game? In the Art of Creating Roles Thread, we've been talking about that for sometime. Having a Gamemaster put a Pair of Kandra into the Game with the Blessings of Stuff, making them immune to Emotional Alomancy. Their only Job is to Survive unnoticed. and  they Can't be seeked.

sorry i didn't answer this earlier, but there are no kandra in this game

Why Is BartBug Always Important? Spiked or Mistborn. We'll Miss you Bartbug. So Gamma, you should know everybody's Role By Now, do We have any Suspicions? And Incidently, Do you know who the Tineyes Are? Their Messages are Great, But I can't read the First One, Can Someone Translate it? It appears to be Artisan's Script, Steel Alphabet, Morse code, and something else. 

EDIT: So in some of the TinEye Messages, There are White Letters, but only one per Message. In the "SuspicionForm" Message, there was a White 'w' right before the Song of Listing, In today's Message, there's a White M Before the First Line:

And carved into the bar was:

mAnd who are you the proud Asp said
That I must bow so low?

EDIT2: Forage, can I have your Shop?

Edited by The Only Joe

Still waiting to hear back from a few people still on their roles. And if that coinshot is a villager, could you please get ahold of me?

I'll come post here later if/when I get a few more roles in and get everything sorted out and figure out who I want to lynch. ;)

Edit: So, did Bartbug actually reveal his role to anybody? Or was he involved with any PM groups anybody knows about? If we find out who we was talking to, then we might find out who could have possibly gotten the info to target him like that. (Considering it wasn't just a lucky friggin' shot from the Spiked)

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Dane spent a way to large part of the night sitting over his ledgers. Why, for everything that hides in the mist, do these nobles work with tables? Just give me a rusting list of terms and goods! His headache didn´t help but what would one expect with the current events? It´s funny how I tend to feel better when I´m actually put under pressure. Sometimes I just can´t afford not being fully functional.

He finished his ledgers and promted himself up. Thinking about pressure, I guess we will have to decide on another lynching today. Dane took his cane and made his way toward Lurcher´s.

Given that we still have time I will wait on making any theories, that may start a bandwagon before we get more info from Gammon. Also I have told him my role.

Wow, thanks first Tineye for making my role as Tineye decoder so hard. Do we even know how to translate artisan's script?! I'll get to translating the rest of that one soon. The second one, as Joe said, has a white M. Also the italicized words spell Asp spikes you. Kinda weird.

Edit: I'll be adding my translating progress as I go. I'll put each line In order with the language it is in in parentheses.

Steel Alphabet (Steel Alphabet)

Alethi Shchript (Alethi script) [Note to the Tineye: you're using the wrong characters for s and c.]

Morse Code (Morse Code)

Artisan's Script (Artisan's Script) [thanks Tineye for providing this. Now I can translate the other script.]

They're taking the hobbies (probably should be hobbits) to isengard. (Morse code)

Airsichk lolanders. (Alethi) [again, wrong characters. And you can use the character for "U" as a "W". I'm translating this directly so any misspellings were there originally. ]

I nominate Elend Venture. (Steel Alphabet)

Let it go. (morse Code)

One does not simply alk into Mordor. (Alethi) [there should be a w in front of walk]

Do you think you could go put your clothes on? This is...kind of distracting. (Steel alphabet)

After all, you no longer have to marry a tyrant. (Artisan's script) [storms, this one was hard!!]

These aren't the droids you're looking for. (Alethi) [tineye: there is a character for "th" you don't need to use t and h]

I'll blow off the offending fingers. (Steel alphabet)

Do you hear the people sing? (Alethi)

Unfortunately princess, we're here to kill you. (Artisan's)

I can steal anything. (Alethi)

Stick them with the pointy end. (Morse code.)

Tea, my lord?

We are human. (steel alphabet. Both of the above.)

That's all of it.

Edited by Mailliw73

Vizzini was saddened to hear about Forage.  He had been a good merchant.  Vizzini entered Forage's abandoned shop.  Alayer of dust had already settled over much of the room. 

"I'll miss him," thought Vizzini sadly, "he was a good man."

Vizzini noticed a silver bracelet and collar connected by a thin chain.  He was not expecting to see that here.  

"The dead will not be needing this. I wonder how well this works on this plane, especially on spiked..."

Vizzini placed the device into his large sleeves.  Even in death Forage was useful.

Gamut was sitting nearby Forage's shop, watching the villagers come through and mourn for the jovial businessman. Yet another person I couldn't protect, Gamut thought solemnly. Gamut had been constantly burning Iron for the last couple days, always wary of an attack. It was because of this he noticed the extra piece of metal Vizinni had carried with him out of Forage's shop.

Surely that's not... is that.... no way! Gamut found himself whispering, "Now where in Damnation did Forage find an a'dam?!"

Heh. Sorry I haven't really posted much info, suspicions, or lists of who to Lynch yet today. still sorting through the PM's.

Curious, how much longer do we have in the Cycle? I might need to ask for a time extension.

Edit:

Everybody feel free to discuss who your suspects still are. It'd actually probably be better if there's discussion before I cast a vote, so there isn't just s bandwagon against who I say right away. The more people talk, the better.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

10 hours, give or take And No Votes so far. SO if no one Votes, aren't we just Literally Wasting Lives? Should we just Lynch a Seemingly Inactive? If there's only an Hour left in the Day, and Gamma doesn't Accuse anyone, I'll vote Lents.

Edited by The Only Joe

Lynching an inactive is better than lynching no one however, we might still get info that points toward a better targed, so right now that would risk a unnecessary bandwagon. Though even with the time extension we shouldn´t wait that much longer.