If you got a copy of WoR before release for three hours only...

eveorjoy

Spoiler preview  

77 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a chance to read from a copy of WoR, but only for 3 hours, would you take it?

• Yes
    • No

It is still several days before the release of Words of Radiance. A person comes to your door and shows you a copy of the book. They will allow you to look through it for only three hours. You might be a speed reader,  but you can't read 1088 pages in three hours.

Would you accept the three hour preview?

Yes, yes I would. And then I would photograph every page.

And then I would epically troll the forums by making all sorts of just a hair off the money predictions.(Actually I would probably not... But I would smugly read all the wrong guesses and laugh to myself.)

Yes, I would. Then I'd covertly switch the dust jacket with another book of similar size, like the oxford dictionary, then reluctantly give him that back at the 3 hour mark. Then as he was walking away down the garden path I'd start laughing maniacally.  :D

Edited by Duskshard

Yes. I could probably read the entire thing in three hours. (I'm not kidding by the way. I'll probably have read the book twice by the end of the first day.)

Me too! Especially with the amount of chapters already released. I can just read Chapter 7, then continue from Chapter 14.

I'd probably look at the art, the endpages, the Ars Arcanum, and things like that...

Careful, Peter said that some of the later art has spoilers for the earlier parts of the book.  So, if you don't want to be spoiled don't peruse all the art first.

Careful, Peter said that some of the later art has spoilers for the earlier parts of the book.  So, if you don't want to be spoiled don't peruse all the art first.

I am not really that concerned with spoilers. If I only had three hours, I'd be able to get through only a fraction of the book, maybe a couple of hundred pages (not-a-fun fact: being fluent in English does not mean you get to read as fast as native speakers). So I'd just torture myself. No, the "artsy" parts of the book are much more likely to be independent and self-contained, so I'd rather stick with those.

I'm glad I saw this post!  I typically look at all the art early on (the last Harry Potter book was the only one where I resisted).  I'll try to resist for WoR.

I just want to read Chapter 7, and the quotes above Chapters 8 and 9 that were left out of previews. I'd probably read those parts twice, and stop there. If I still had plenty of time, I'd read the first set of Interludes. I wouldn't want to get near the 3 hour limit though, because then I'd just feel rushed.

Yes. This will give me ample time to scan and send all the pages to my email. Artemis Fowl style.

Except my idea got ninja'd by Aminar. Dang it. So, instead, I'd enjoy a leisurely read. Skip to the good stuff, and just have a good time. Speed reading is no fun for a book of this size.

• Chaos locked this topic