Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

Balelight spoke. "Now, would anyone care to tell me what, exactly, is going on here?"

Aaliyah suddenly became composed. This would require... Delicacy.

"Balelight? It is an absolute pleasure to be of your acquaintance. I've been hoping to meet you for some time now.

See, I really just wanted to say.

You SPARKING SLONTZE!!! If we meet again, I'm going to sparking murder you, savvy?"

She grinned broadly.

"Anyway, nice talking to you!!"

"Why you--" Balelight started, conjuring up a beam of pure destruction.

Then Aaliyah dove forwards, towards the portal that she knew was about to materialize there. Sure enough, she landed in an unfamiliar room.

Outside, Balelight stood with a look of bemused surprise, in front of a brand new smoking crater. Aaliyah waved goodbye, lobbing her knife back out at Balelight for good measure.

3 hours ago, Elithanathile said:

So as someone who's not as involved in the Reckoner's RP section of the site, could I get a rundown on Balelight? Including powers and how to defeat her? Also possible emotional weaknesses to exploit?

Eternum isn't quite correct. She has air manipulation and can shoot lasers out of her eyes, yes. She is also a High Epic in charge of the city. What else she can do is as yet undiscovered. :) 

58 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

@Seonid if you want to be Balelight

If Seonid doesn't, I very well might tomorrow morning. It seems I have been given cause to, certainly. :P 

If Scotty gives into her Epic powers she doesn't necessarily have to join Balelight - she could join the rest of us in trying to murder her :D 

Sandra's mist-wall shattered. Oh, great. Time to get out of here. Her illusion shielding her from sight, she shot past Tachyon and disappeared into the maze of dark alleyways.

Edited by Sami

Robin and Scotty ran together away from the congregated Epics. Robin's metal legs gave him a longer and more powerful stride, and as he saw the Epics stir into motion behind him, he scooped Scotty into his arms and bounded away with all of his strength. Lightning crackled overhead. As he ran, mist solidified into barriers, which he dodged and leapt over with almost inhuman agility.

"Scotty! Is everything all right?"

The ground rumbled, the tremors of another explosion. Outblack toasted a piece of bread and crunched into it. He had wandered his realm of night for a while now, but had encountered few opponents. Perhaps everyone was afraid of the dark?

He shuffled along the sidewalk, searching his mental map. He should be on Fifth Street at the moment, but the exact number of his steps eluded him. He finished his toast and wiped the crumbs on his coat. He hadn't had butter in ages, now that he thought about it. It would be the perfect complement to his bread. He would have to remind an orphan to fetch him some, because he only knew where the good bread was.

He felt along the wall and found an alleyway, which he snuck into. After deciding it was a suitable temporary residence, he withdrew his darkness, bringing it into the alley and no further. He relaxed, though was slightly bored. He pulled out another slice to toast.

13 hours ago, Frozen Mint said:

I suspect that no one's really been voting for the lynch, because a lot of players are neutral and don't need anyone else dead, and the others don't want to out themselves by openly trying to kill someone. I personally don't want to make the wrong enemies which is why I'm also hesitant about choosing someone to vote on.

We really need information. I have the ability to create PMs, so if anyone is interested in sharing information, please let me know. And do so if you are ready to give out information, not just if you want a PM. :P I can't make an infinite amount. This offer includes just exchanging some info. with me and also if you'd like me to share something with the thread. I'll probably also PM some people who haven't asked for a PM, because I don't want everyone to know who I'm PMing. 

For the record, I am neutral and not trying to kill anyone yet.

I can go with one too. I'm up for some trading. 

And just checking, would one of the GMs be willing to do the RP for Balelight in-thread, if they're not too busy? The alternative is waiting for the next writeup to see how they react, which could make RPing tricky. Still working on next RP section.

Well, there's no point in discussing it, Winter. As Alvron said, it's probably a Janitor-type role.

I would have liked to know her target, though, if she was telling the truth.

Edited by Eternum

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Y'know I don't think we're talking about Crimsn's lack of alignment reveal. I'm really wondering what's that about and people are just ignoring it. 

I mean.

I am interested by the fact that there's a role that can obscure alignment flips.

But I don't think her alignment is really a mystery. Do we have much cause to doubt her role claim, before she died?

Just now, Drake Marshall said:

I mean.

I am interested by the fact that there's a role that can obscure alignment flips.

But I don't think her alignment is really a mystery. Do we have much cause to doubt her role claim, before she died?

It just sorta bugs me that I can't confirm it for my spreadsheet

41 minutes ago, Eternum said:

xD same

well.. Ok not same

But still I don't have much interesting info. Mint, do you have 1 PM per turn?

39 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Yeah, is it a role or an item, or?

PAFO? :P

6 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Y'know I don't think we're talking about Crimsn's lack of alignment reveal. I'm really wondering what's that about and people are just ignoring it. 

I've been thinking about this, but I don't have much to say on it. I'm guessing that the person who killed Crimsn had an ability or an item that allowed them to obscure her role on death. Since she already role-claimed, the ability/item is either passive or the killer just had no other useful actions for last cycle. Or perhaps someone else in the Cabal obscured her role, and they didn't have any better action last cycle. But I'm leaning towards the passive ability angle.

Just now, Frozen Mint said:

I've been thinking about this, but I don't have much to say on it. I'm guessing that the person who killed Crimsn had an ability or an item that allowed them to obscure her role on death. Since she already role-claimed, the ability/item is either passive or the killer just had no other useful actions for last cycle. Or perhaps someone else in the Cabal obscured her role, and they didn't have any better action last cycle. But I'm leaning towards the passive ability angle.

Hm. Interesting. I don't suppose any killer'd roleclaim to make this easier, would they? 

Sigh

7 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

Interesting.  Your use of "someone else in the Cabal" makes it fairly clear you think they had something to do with it. Why?  Why not the Reckoners or Malcontents?  Or maybe it was the Neutral they were hunting that found them first?

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

Interesting.  Your use of "someone else in the Cabal" makes it fairly clear you think they had something to do with it. Why?  Why not the Reckoners or Malcontents?  Or maybe it was the Neutral they were hunting that found them first?

Yeah, that's a good point. I didn't even realize that we were assuming that was a Cabal kill. I didn't even realize we were assuming the Cabal had a kill. (Although most factions do)

The idea of Crimsn being killed by the Cabal was brought up by Eternum's earlier post.

18 hours ago, Eternum said:

Now, I think that at least the Reckoners and Cabal have a faction kill. Crimsn was killed by an epic (Cabal obv(Also I'd like to mention that the GMs seem to be using jokes from the beginning of the game, because it seemed like Crimsn was killed by Lavalake :P)) and the previous attempt to kill them was a sniper attack, which screams Reckoner to me.

Which made sense to me, because the bit about water super-heating in the write up sounds like there were some Epic abilities involved. 

Thinking more about it though... If the Cabal is protecting Balelight and/or Balelight's followers, which would make sense given that both Reckoners and Malcontents may have reason to want them dead, and Crimsn was Balelight's daughter, it's more like that an Epic Malcontent killed her. Possibly an Epic Reckoner if the GMs are going for something a bit more nontraditional. I kind of doubt that there are Reckoners who are Epics though. This game is hard enough to piece together as it is without curveballs.

Then again...

Not sure if that would stop the GMs from throwing cureveballs. <_<

I'm going to throw Alv's question back at @Eternum and ask why they assumed that the Cabal killed Crimsn.

Well, first off, an Epic killed Roadwalker in the 2nd cycle.

Now, another Epic killed Crimsn.

There's also a hint in the writeup, I think. "If you don't bring me a suspect or kill them yourselves, someone in this city will die." (Emphasis mine)

This definitely doesn't talk about any other faction kills, or any kill roles. Balelight was talking to Stormwarden here, and nobody else, and since Lemon was Cabal, I suspect they do have a kill.

Edited by Eternum