Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

26 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Money spun before Silver Feather's eyes. Weapons? Lizards? Lizard Weapons?

Hmm-mm... This could work.

"Downtown there are three high-rises left. Furthest to the south. Little room that bulges out a ways on the fourth floor, southwest corner of the building. Lights are always on. Minor brain-manipulation epic with some precognition. Name of Yakorev. Biggest weapon tycoon in the city." Silver spat out briskly, strolling around the gun rack.

"East side gang headquarters, biggest building in the area. Can't miss is. The weapon supplier for the gang lives in a bunker underneath it, entrance in an 'outhouse' behind the building. Not an epic so far as I can tell, but there are a few of the gang nearby who are. Name of Tomás."

"Anyone with money will buy guns. Those people sell guns." Silver continued in a rapid dialogue.

@Flash

EDIT: I would still like to know why I was roleblocked D1...

Probably just random. I mean most roles (in any game) revolve around either the lynch (vote nullify, vote redirect, etc) or the kill (protect, kill, etc). Without all of that, really, only a scan works. A roleblock probably just hit you randomly. 

2 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

Money spun before Silver Feather's eyes. Weapons? Lizards? Lizard Weapons?

Hmm-mm... This could work.

"Downtown there are three high-rises left. Furthest to the south. Little room that bulges out a ways on the fourth floor, southwest corner of the building. Lights are always on. Minor brain-manipulation epic with some precognition. Name of Yakorev. Biggest weapon tycoon in the city." Silver spat out briskly, strolling around the gun rack.

"East side gang headquarters, biggest building in the area. Can't miss is. The weapon supplier for the gang lives in a bunker underneath it, entrance in an 'outhouse' behind the building. Not an epic so far as I can tell, but there are a few of the gang nearby who are. Name of Tomás."

"Anyone with money will buy guns. Those people sell guns." Silver continued in a rapid dialogue.

@Flash

EDIT: I would still like to know why I was roleblocked D1...

Impulse nodded. 

"Here," he said, reaching into a box of small guns. "This pistol is another example of my rail gun technique. It's not completely magnetically launched like the big one I showed you earlier, but it reduces the amount of gunpowder to launch the ammunition. It also acts as a more efficient form of rifling, making this pistol easier to shoot, and much more accurate. I always carry one myself. Oh, and here is the specialized ammunition."

Impulse smiled. Already things were going well. 

BOOM! And impulse disappeared with a gust of wind, off to visit the gun tycoon. 

"...You just brought a knife to a gunfight."

Falchion pointed a finger at cyborg-manguy, an intent look on his face. "Okay, that? That was rude." He hefted the longsword with his free hand, shaking it slightly. "See this? This is called a sword. Say it with me, okay? Sw. Ord. Knives have nothing on this beauty of ancient and modern craftsmanship! And who likes guns anyway! They're like a Nora, any old guy, (case in point)" he mumbles, not even trying to hide it, "can just pick one up and use it to kill someone! And that's not justice at all!"

Making more dramatic hand gestures, the Epic continued, now getting into full-on rant mode. "Now a sword takes skill. If you use a sword that means that you've trained for years, both your mind and body to handle the rigors of combat against your opponent. You've trained, sweated, and bled for the right, the honor to wield a blade. Swords have been an icon, a symbol for centuries. There are entire legends dedicated to swords and the people who wield them."

Falchion took a step towards droidman, viciously pointing his finger. "Ever heard of King Arthur? Susanoo? Charlemagne, Roland, Siegfried, Atilla, Masamune, Manannan?"

He took a second look at the man and the woman standing at the end of the corridor. "Probably not, huh." Shaking his head in disappointment, he turned to leave. "Come back when you've got some respect for that fancy hand of yours instead of treating it like a toy."

In a split second he dropped from a portal above the metal man, seamlessly completing his statement. "Or you can just die now."

The thing is, the main thread has no idea who we're even trying to lynch. I'd feel a lot more comfortable lynching someone than just having a random kill. I mean, what if randomness ends up killing someone who's first game it is, like cole? That's not fair. 

Edit: Elith, can the protection role you got gifted protect you from the lynch? Because if so, you could use it on yourself and we could lynch you so nobody dies before we have reason to kill someone.

Edited by winter devotion

Their death will probably give us more information though, so their sacrifice will not be in vain. And it's probably less harsh to be killed by random chance than by other people teaming up. The fact is that we really don't have anything to go off of for who to lynch unless someone has a scanner power they've already used, then it's basically random chance anyway, except the elims, if there are any, will be able to influence it.

1 hour ago, Elithanathile said:

Their death will probably give us more information though, so their sacrifice will not be in vain. And it's probably less harsh to be killed by random chance than by other people teaming up. The fact is that we really don't have anything to go off of for who to lynch unless someone has a scanner power they've already used, then it's basically random chance anyway, except the elims, if there are any, will be able to influence it.

A random death gives us far less information than a lynch, though. We don’t get to see who votes for them or tries to change the lynch target, we don’t get to hear the defense and any critical information they might share or let slip under pressure. Instead, we get only their alignment and role (assuming this game does that part normally), and nothing to correlate that with.

Elith, I feel a random lynch target is a bad idea and a dangerous plan, but while it was suggested by Mint originally (I think) and there’s been other debate about it, no one else’s post read like someone trying to talk the village into a bad situation knowingly. Almost like you wrote that in a doc and then copy/pasted it here.

Oh look. I am being voted on now.

I gave my opinion and what I think is the best plan for people. I did in no way "try to talk the village into a bad situation knowingly." And if you feel that random lynch is a bad or dangerous plan, why haven't you spoken up against it before? Or given reasons why we should do it outside of suspecting me? I'm also assuming that they drop their items upon death, which could be helpful. To me it looks like you're suddenly jumping onto the "intentional lynch" so you can land a vote on me. Could I inquire as to whether your end game goal has something to do with killing or lynching neutrals?

Also quick side note, Flash, I don't think I've actually been confirmed neutral yet. So there's still some suspicion on that front.

@Elithanathile, I did speak up against it already. I said it was dangerous and while it wasn’t awful, I didn’t like the idea. I’ve since realized the additional information we’d lack, largely because of your post, and found it suspicious that you were pushing it as a good way to get information when it clearly isn’t.

3 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

Oh look. I am being voted on now.

I gave my opinion and what I think is the best plan for people. I did in no way "try to talk the village into a bad situation knowingly." And if you feel that random lynch is a bad or dangerous plan, why haven't you spoken up against it before? Or given reasons why we should do it outside of suspecting me? I'm also assuming that they drop their items upon death, which could be helpful. To me it looks like you're suddenly jumping onto the "intentional lynch" so you can land a vote on me. Could I inquire as to whether your end game goal has something to do with killing or lynching neutrals?

Also quick side note, Flash, I don't think I've actually been confirmed neutral yet. So there's still some suspicion on that front.

Well I believe you're neutral. Otherwise how would you have known to claim? Being neutral myself made your claim much more believable. 

I think it's possible he's a false claim, but it's such a IKYK there's no point pursuing it for now. 

56 minutes ago, Flash said:

Well I believe you're neutral. Otherwise how would you have known to claim? Being neutral myself made your claim much more believable. 

I think it's possible he's a false claim, but it's such a IKYK there's no point pursuing it for now. 

Flash's comment about targeting Nighthound confirmed Flash to be a neutral in my eyes

Ugh don't lynch Elith for that please....He claimed neutral with his words in yellow and Flash or any other neutral can confirm his claim is real right? I mean, how else would he know that? Just sayin...also just sayin that lynching a neutral with a protection role isn't that good a first day lynch.

(Plus, I don't want my rp pals taken away that fast again xD)

Yes, I'm being biased but it's day one lol...Plus I don't think lynching him would help the village at all. Do you really want the neutrals to side with the elims?

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

What? Elith said nothing? I'm pretty sure he did hang on....

Gifted power okay so it was a defensive power gifted by an epic...guess that's what I was thinking of lol

@King Cole if you could just edit your other post into your previous one that'd help to avoid double posting cuz it's really not allowed unless it's been a long time after you posted last...just a quick note. 

Edit: like this heh

Also, on a note about Elith being the first lynch...please just don't lol...he was lynched in the first cycle in one of the last games he played for talking about his alignment day one and it got really blown outta proportion where we lynched him for a kinda silly reason. (Of course I added to it cuz I was an elim, but hey...don't want it to happen twice so soon haha) :P

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

I will be voting for (Jondesu)

Jondesu

Had to put a picture as I can't seem to change the colour to red on my phone.

My main reason for voting is because I think it was a bit mean to vote Elith.

I hope to vote more tactically as the game progresses ;)

IMG_1576.JPG

Edited by Lemonelon

1 minute ago, Lemonelon said:

I will be voting for (Jondesu)

Had to put a picture as I can't seem to change the colour to red on my phone.

My main reason for voting is because I think it was a bit mean.

I hope to vote more tactically as the game progresses ;)

IMG_1576.JPG

You deserve that reputation for the way you vote. Bravo. I still don't understand why you voted for him.

13 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

You deserve that reputation for the way you vote. Bravo. I still don't understand why you voted for him.

I suspect it was because Jon was the first to vote and thus break the tie/random lynch.  If no one voted then there would only be a 3.846% chance of one particular player dying.  The odds are very good you would survive.  However for those in a faction, the odds increase quite a bit for them to lose one of their own.  If there are five members then that's a 19.23% chance of them losing one of theirs.

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Ugh don't lynch Elith for that please....He claimed neutral with his words in yellow and Flash or any other neutral can confirm his claim is real right? I mean, how else would he know that? Just sayin...also just sayin that lynching a neutral with a protection role isn't that good a first day lynch.

(Plus, I don't want my rp pals taken away that fast again xD)

Yes, I'm being biased but it's day one lol...Plus I don't think lynching him would help the village at all. Do you really want the neutrals to side with the elims?

Speaking of this, Flash, you've also claimed to be neutral. Was your role in yellow?

Lem, you can do it like this:

[*color=red]boopityboop[/color*]. but without the *s

edit: stupid formatting

Edited by winter devotion

43 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I suspect it was because Jon was the first to vote and thus break the tie/random lynch.  If no one voted then there would only be a 3.846% chance of one particular player dying.  The odds are very good you would survive.  However for those in a faction, the odds increase quite a bit for them to lose one of their own.  If there are five members then that's a 19.23% chance of them losing one of theirs.

That makes me wonder if that has to do with why Jon was so adamantly against random deaths.