Who is the best character?

freezedragon

Since my selection is from Words of Radiance and some spoilers,

Lift is my favorite so far. Hope we get to see more of her, and maybe see her become some badass radiant because of how the edgedancers are talked about,

"although they were not the most demanding of orders, their graceful, limber movements hid a deadliness that was, by this time, quite renowned".

MMmmmmmmMMmm Pattern is obviously superior.

Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor (storming name is harder to spell than it is to pronounce) and The Lopen are definitely the second best. I'm hoping that eventually a certain pessimistic Dula will meet up with them and form the greatest friendship trio in the history of friendship trios.

by the way does anyone really understant the Humor of shallan?

....yes...and I get the same reaction to my jokes as she does most of the time.

Edited by EMTrevor

Honestly? 

Stick. Followed closely by Lift

I love that there is already a coopermind entry for it.

I like to split it:

Character I like to follow most closely:

Kaladin

funniest character:

close call between Syl, Rock, Lopen, Wit, Shallan; but then again how can you compete with the Lopen

Most heoric and favourite character:

Dalinar, you just know there isn't anything that guy can't take (not physically -though I would be interested now), and by saying this out lod I probably yinx-killed him. I'm soooooorrrryyy.

Character I'd miss the most:

Syl- without a doubt any other could be killed off except her ( I'd be sad for any of the others, but with her I'd probably stop reading- ok I woundn't, but still)

• 3 weeks later...

Top ten:

1. Kaladin

Come on! "Broken but still going?" Awesome!  Plus, he's protective.  So, even better.

2. Dalinar

Because...yeah.  He's Dalinar.

3. Adolin

That bit right where Kaladin got out of prison...oh, Adolin!  That's so nice of him, and...I'm going to take a break before I make ten fools of myself.  Though I suppose I already did, due to that weak joke.  Oops.

4. Shallan

Her lying ALL THE TIME got her lowered pretty far.  And I wasn't a huge fan of her and Kaladin hating one another, but in hindsight Kaladin's probably pretty hard to like until closer acquaintance.  Or if he saves your life.  But I digress...

5. Syl

She didn't have a lot of depth to her character, and she spent quite a bit of time during the book dying/being dead, but I still really like her.

6. Szeth

I found it more difficult to like him after he turned insane, but the control he has over himself is still very admirable.

7. Pattern

He really helped Shallan's character develop, so I think I owe him something.

8. Jasnah

Same thing as with Dalinar; she's Jasnah.

9. Renarin

He's kinda vulnerable, etc, and his character really develops over the course of the book.

10. All the bridgemen, but there are FAR too many for this post

Undying loyalty to Kaladin, obviously!  I doubt I even had to put this in.

Hmmm...I wonder who Brandon's favorite characters are?  Does anybody know?

Edited by Azdarith

For me, all the characters have their moments. In WoK, I routed for Kal big time. In WoR, I ended routing for Adolin in all his duels/fights. The ending was great and I cannot wait to read where that will bring his character. However, I must say I never digged too much into Shallan nor Jasnah for different reasons. Shallan has been to much of a liar for me to really like her althought I am making efforts to appreciate her more. Jasnah has been cold and unsympathic pretty much the whole way. I hope this will change.

Pattern turned out being my favorite spren, over Syl. His curiosity was just refreshing.

I am slightly appalled to know we are getting a book on Szeth as I do not like him as a character and I have no interest on knowing more about him. The occasionnal interlude was fine with me. A whole book of Szeth? Wow. I cannot even say how unexcited I am by that prospect. Why on hell are we getting a book on him and Eshonai BEFORE getting something on anyone named Kohlin? That is just unfair.

I guess I could say my overall favorite characters are Kaladin, Dalinar and his sons (althought Renarin has still to grow on me), Pattern and a special mention to Bridge 4.

Characters I do not feel like reading about who are bound to be important in the next books to my most upmost despair: Szeth and Eshonai.

Now, tertiary characters I do want to read about: Lift and the king of Jah Keved's bastard (I forgot his name).

• Chaos locked this topic