Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

5 hours ago, Erunion said:

My niece is 2 years old (almost 3!) and recently fell in love with Frozen. She sees herself, naturally, as Elsa (she is the elder of two sisters after all!). 

For the last few weeks she's been desperate for a cape, and has been using blankets/etc. to act as a cape. 

It is ridiculously cute. 

My mother, being the wonderful woman and doting grandmother that she is, just made my niece a cape. And not just any cape, it is an Elsa cape (made from a Disney Elsa pattern). 

It is insanely cute.

I felt you needed to know this. 

I also feel that capes should come back into fashion. Because seriously? Capes/cloaks are awesome. 

(As long as you're not stupid enough to make them tied tightly to yourself. Else Edna Mode will give you a talking to or you will pay the price of your folly). 

"Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid or something?"

"Oh no. It's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.”

18 minutes ago, bleeder said:

"Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid or something?"

"Oh no. It's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.”

Ha. When did we transition from IX to X? How does that work?

3 hours ago, Jedal said:

Ha. When did we transition from IX to X? How does that work?

On the 17th of December. I made a new thread because the old one was getting long, and Delightful said she had a dream where there was a new Random Stuff thread and she couldn't remember the name but it was "something weird" so I jumped at the chance and people just went with it.

21 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

I realized the other day that with the way Snow White is described, (hair as black as ebony, lips as red as blood, skin as white as snow) she fits the description of a vampire.

I'm a little late t this. :ph34r: But... Neill Gaiman wrote a short story using that as a premise. After all, as you point out, she's pale as snow, has lips like blood, and she's awoken from her sleep inside a coffin... 

Tomorrow's my birthday. 

It won't be the first birthday I've spent alone--last year, I spent my birthday on my way to a job interview in Iowa--but it'll be my first solitary birthday living on my own. 

I don't know if it'll be bad, which is why I'm posting here instead of the Bad Day thread. After all, I spent Thanksgiving alone and that was pretty nice. And I'm going to use the money my grandmother gave me for Christmas to get something at a restaurant nearby, but....yeah. I don't know. I know it's just another day, but I still can't shake this sense of melancholy. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Tomorrow's my birthday. 

It won't be the first birthday I've spent alone--last year, I spent my birthday on my way to a job interview in Iowa--but it'll be my first solitary birthday living on my own. 

I don't know if it'll be bad, which is why I'm posting here instead of the Bad Day thread. After all, I spent Thanksgiving alone and that was pretty nice. And I'm going to use the money my grandmother gave me for Christmas to get something at a restaurant nearby, but....yeah. I don't know. I know it's just another day, but I still can't shake this sense of melancholy. 

I'm sorry you feel like this, Twi. That's terrible. No one should spend their birthday alone.

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I'm sorry you feel like this, Twi. That's terrible. No one should spend their birthday alone.

I....kind of feel like it's my fault? I haven't put a lot of effort into meeting people since I moved here, so I don't know if I really have a right to be upset about it. 

54 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I....kind of feel like it's my fault? I haven't put a lot of effort into meeting people since I moved here, so I don't know if I really have a right to be upset about it. 

Call your siblings just to say hi! Tell random people it's your birthday! Dress up and go out properly! 

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Tomorrow's my birthday. 

I have two words for you:  Karaoke Night

It's always Karaoke Night somewhere.

50 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Great. I just started crying. 

Maybe it'd be better if I just treated it like any other Tuesday. Nothing to fuss over, no need to feel pathetic for going out alone. 

And one of my coworkers just made me look bad in front of a patron so I'm feeling like I should just quit before my boss can see how incompetent I am. 

I'm sorry :(

I've summoned a wild kitten to help fight your birthday blues, hope he doesn't cause birthday allergies!

6446562_1445894933.1649.jpg

16 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

I'm sorry :(

I've summoned a wild kitten to help fight your birthday blues, hope he doesn't cause birthday allergies!

6446562_1445894933.1649.jpg

I can bear the allergies. I have Benadryl stockpiled. :wub:

Right now I'm just thinking, what would even be the point of celebrating? It feels like...I don't know. Even if I did go out, no one I ran into would have any reason to celebrate with me. 

Gah. I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Right now I'm just thinking, what would even be the point of celebrating? It feels like...I don't know. Even if I did go out, no one I ran into would have any reason to celebrate with me. 

Gah. I don't know. 

Well, I can't speak for random people on the street but as far as I'm concerned you're quite the improvement to the world and anyone that gets to celebrate that is quite blessed, no matter how much they actually know about the reason. :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Gah. I don't know. 

Plus, what's wrong with celebrating yourself? You have every reason to celebrate you! 

Dear twi,

If the world is ignorant of your creation,
It's a crime to have such knowledge lacking,
Kindness is all I've received,
From you whom only pain have seen,
What joy fills up my soul unburdened,
What bitter-sweet tears do fill my eyes,
To hear that now it is your birthday,
Yet you feel the urge to cry,

The heartless world here and now can't see,
The light you've made and been,
Yet still I say "don't feel you're lacking,
You've lived another year, you win.

Here-on your bitter tears sorrow reposes,
Confidant that he has won,
Cast him out, don't let him stay,
You truly are th'angelic one.

In closing my one last remark,
To end this statement queer,
If you've not friends,
Its not your fault,
Your still looking for friends most dear,
Ones who'll listen,
And ones who'll care.

This is how I feel, sorrow if it's a little strange. I know what it's like to not have friends, even after months of waiting and trying. Don't worry about it, your doing fine. You left a place that didn't support you, and now somewhere completely new.

You've been hurt before, and by those closest to you, so maybe your afraid to be hurt again. Whatever the case may be, it only means that your being careful with who your friends are, and that's a good thing. 

I wish you a happy birthday, and a spectacular new-year. May you be comforted and happy, despite it all. Thank you for being who you are; it's one of the bravest things I've seen from anyone I know. :)

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

@ShadowLord_Lith: I….thank you. That was beautiful. :wub: I don't know what else to say besides that I got misty-eyed reading it and I'm not ashamed to admit that. 

@Oversleep: I can see why you've spent a long time staring at those gifs. :mellow: 

@Deliiiiiightful: I might take you up on that happy birthday battalion. :P:ph34r: 

@Kaymyth, @Orlion Determined, @Erunion, @bleeder, thanks for the support. :) I'm feeling better now, and I've decided I'm going to go out tomorrow. Just to dinner and maybe to do….something else after, I don't know what, but if I see something fun to do, I might do it. 

Well, the admin replied and they artfully called me "attention seeking" and "just making excuses." (I literally said I cannot properly plan without the chat because that's where most of the planning takes place en mass).

They also claimed they would welcome me back in a month. Will you really? This is sad and kinda hilarious.

9 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

Well, the admin replied and they artfully called me "attention seeking" and "just making excuses." (I literally said I cannot properly plan without the chat because that's where most of the planning takes place en mass).

They also claimed they would welcome me back in a month. Will you really? This is sad and kinda hilarious.

Bow out of the RP, claiming that since you can no longer access the chat, you can no longer properly plan and must leave. Don't make plans for your character. 

3 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles, I made you this. I'm not sure if I got her right, but I tried. Happy birthday, I hope you have a Funtime.

Hide contents

image.jpeg

Great Noodly One. That is almost exactly how I pictured her. And she looks adorable! :D 

....I might be considering a new profile pic. :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles, I made you this. I'm not sure if I got her right, but I tried. Happy birthday, I hope you have a Funtime.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Well thats a damnation fine birthday gift if I've ever seen one. I wish I could give you something nearly so nice, but all I have are really bad unfinished stories. :ph34r: @TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Edited by Jedal

52 minutes ago, Jedal said:

Well thats a damnation fine birthday gift if I've ever seen one. I wish I could give you something nearly so nice, but all I have are really bad unfinished stories. :ph34r: @TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Don't feel like you have to. :) Besides, I discovered the Dennys Tumblr today and....and I think Funtimes runs it. :mellow: