Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, Oversleep said:

The part when @Quiver mentions Superman being the custodian of Hope made me wonder how would a system fueled by Shard of Hope work.

Obligatory Kelsier joke incoming...

"You want to be like me? Really like me? then fight when you are beaten!"
*pause*
"SURVIVE!"

...what? Was that not the one you were expecting? :P

I'm not even upset anymore, just confused.

I'm on another website and the community is... very... odd. At least in my eyes. Y'all know about some of my depression problems and my mom still *refusing to let me see anyone* and of course that leeks into there. A lot. To the point where they made me a seperate discord channel to vent (okay, it as for "everyone" but its creation was due to me ngl). But the oddness comes from... like... even if I post something positive I get ignored? They say don't post negative and I try not to, but anything positive I say is ignored.

And I just got softbanned for being negative.

I'm just confused. Advise anyone? 

2 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

I'm on another website and the community is... very... odd. At least in my eyes. Y'all know about some of my depression problems and my mom still *refusing to let me see anyone* and of course that leeks into there. A lot. To the point where they made me a seperate discord channel to vent (okay, it as for "everyone" but its creation was due to me ngl). But the oddness comes from... like... even if I post something positive I get ignored? They say don't post negative and I try not to, but anything positive I say is ignored.

Decide that those people are weirdies and peace out?

Idk. For the most part, they are. I feel like the odd one out comstantly and that doesn't help with my anxiety for the situation. It could also be the fact that I'm the youngest, but I don't feel like my feelings should be treated like that.

I like the rping aspect of the site, but I don't want to write with people who never want to hear from me at all.

(Edit) I'm also still wondering if my feelings are just all in my head and I'm not thinking right. Which happens. A lot.

Edited by Kestrel

Just now, Kestrel said:

Idk. For the most part, they are. I feel like the odd one out comstantly and that doesn't help with my anxiety for the situation. It could also be the fact that I'm the youngest, but I don't feel like my feelings should be treated like that.

I like the rping aspect of the site, but I don't want to write with people who never want to hear from me at all.

From my perspective, leaving that community seems like the best call. There are so many more communities online, and there's no point in wasting time where you're ignored and held to inconsistent rules. I've left several communities that seemed decent on the surface, or that had aspects I liked, but where I was excluded or just tolerated. I don't regret leaving at all. 

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

From my perspective, leaving that community seems like the best call. There are so many more communities online, and there's no point in wasting time where you're ignored and held to inconsistent rules. I've left several communities that seemed decent on the surface, or that had aspects I liked, but where I was excluded or just tolerated. I don't regret leaving at all. 

Yeah :/ I'm thinking about disappearing and never returning. Make them wonder. If they care.

The only problem is I love my character on there, and I haven't found another consistently active wheel of time rping community.

Dear Kestrel,

May the joy of the day of thy birth comfort thee in these the days of madness, for as one year hath passed away, you yet survive. Though the demons hath conquered so much of this world; we, thy birds of a feather, we shall continue to flock together. Happiest of bird-days to our dear friend, @Kestrel

-your aquaintance,

ShadowLord^_^

On 5.1.2017 at 3:22 PM, Quiver said:

I have my first driving lesson today.

So far, the best advice I've heard is "Don't hit things."

I remember my first driving lesson. I was sweating in fear just from sitting behind the wheel. :mellow:

16 hours ago, Quiver said:

That too. :ph34r:

Death in the Family is just not a very good book. Concept is cool, execution is...not.

Similar complaints could be levelled at Death of the Family, actually. The Joker as the bogeyman of Gotham hiding under your bed, knowing all your secrets, is a neat concept  The Joker wearing his severed face like Leatherface, then slicing off the Batfamily's faces and serving them as food is...not. 

To be fair, Snyder isn't the one that had the joker's face removed (I think) so this was tecnically not the story's fault. Not that that is the only weird thing about the slender joker.

13 hours ago, Kestrel said:

Look at the actual community and seperate it from the RP you want to keep playing, while instead focusing your social internet interactions on places that react to you and whish you a happy Birthday? (Also, happy birthday. :ph34r: )

Happy birthday, @Kestrel! Random fact for today: instead of "happy birthday", in Polish you wish somebody "a hundred years" (to live).

It's 12 °F and it keeps (and will keep) dropping. Some prognoses say it can be around -4 °F.

Now, where did I put that blanket...

I wish I could read the White Sand prose version, I'm checking my email several times a day :ph34r: How long does it usually take?

Edited by Oversleep

20 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Happy birthday, @Kestrel! Random fact for today: instead of "happy birthday", in Polish you wish somebody "a hundred years" (to live).

It's 12 °F and it keeps (and will keep) dropping. Some prognoses say it can be around -4 °F.

Now, where did I put that blanket...

I wish I could read the White Sand prose version, I'm checking my email several times a day :ph34r: How long does it usually take?

Took about two weeks for me. I guess it varies.

Just something that came up while me and Mistrunner were talking a couple days ago:

NO BUT I JUST THOUGHT

WHAT IF WE HAD A SCENE WITH VASHER AND VIVENNA 

AND SHE SAYS TO HIM, IT'S JUST LIKE NALTHIS ALL OVER AGAIN

AND HE SAYS, YOU AND I REMEMBER NALTHIS VERY DIFFERENTLY

:lol: 

Edited by Slowswift

21 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Just something that came up while me and Mistrunner were talking a couple days ago:

NO BUT I JUST THOUGHT

WHAT IF WE HAD A SCENE WITH VASHER AND VIVENNA 

AND SHE SAYS TO HIM, IT'S JUST LIKE NALTHIS ALL OVER AGAIN

AND HE SAYS, YOU AND I REMEMBER NALTHIS VERY DIFFERENTLY

:lol:

And Nightblood says, Oh, that was fun.

And they say not that one. The other one.

And Nighblood goes, Oh, that time.

And then when Nightblood comes around it turns out that time they were talking about was between Warbreaker and Nightblood and they only reference it and we wouldn't ever learn what it was.

2 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I spent the day at the national gallery of art, and seeing so many amazing pieces of art like these has inspired me:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

However, it also makes me feel like this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

You don't need to be like them. You have your own style that's just as good, if not better for you.