Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

14 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Uh.. well... there're two episodes left? So, unless you REALLY binge... I kinda doubt you'll make it to the ending, bud.

hm... 35 episodes left to the season 5... when do those two air? (I avoid looking anything up in fear of spoilers)

I can be fast...

16 minutes ago, Quiver said:

On the plus side, you won't have to wait for episodes to be released! Always look for the positives!

That's what I'm trying to avoid - I watched Gravity Falls after it ended and I didn't get to share the excitement of waiting for a new episode or anyything...

7 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

There's one episode left and it airs this Saturday. 

And, once again, my hope is crushed.

I could make it in time before the next Sunday... but that would be if there were two episodes left. Well, no need to rush now...

My facebook feed keeps on having a post that says, "Love Stormlight Archives?" And has a link for a series called Fatemarked by Estes. It doesn't look that good to me, but sometimes appearances are deceiving; has anyone read it? Is it any good?

8 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

They...they just announced that next season, Supernatural is going to have an animated Scooby Doo episode.

I do not know how to feel about this.

:mellow:

Maybe I'm going to have to listen to literally almost all of my friends and marathon Supernatural this summer. I would adore a Scooby Doo episode. The Arrowverse should do one....

Ideas are like weeds. Before you know it, they got roots and they're growing...

See, there was a thread about what we would want in the Cosmere. I mentioned I'd want to see a Shardworld that is almost entirely water, high seas, naval battles, legendary monsters, pirates, worldhopper crews... and magic system based around air and water currents.

I just realized I started developing those storm mages... for example, storm mage surfer could ride the wave for miles...

Edited by Oversleep

4 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

See, there was a thread about what we would want in the Cosmere. I mentioned I'd want to see a Shardworld that is almost entirely water, high seas, naval battles, legendary monsters, pirates, worldhopper crews... and magic system based around air and water currents.

I just realized I started developing those storm mages...

This sounds really cool, and I'd love to see what Brandon could do with something like that.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

This sounds really cool, and I'd love to see what Brandon could do with something like that.

There is a ship operated by three Awakeners who Command all the ropes. Another crew has a Lurcher who (with some modifications made to the rigging) is basically worth ten people (this was actually the first seed of the idea, back when I posted in some Twinborn jobs thread).

Just now, Orlion On a Cob said:

If I were a fan of the show? I would feel insulted :ph34r:

not if its an animated episode done like this crappy new iteration that just makes me cringe

Image result for be cool scooby doo

Image result for be cool scooby doo

WHAT IS THIS CREM?

Just now, Oversleep said:

See, there was a thread about what we would want in the Cosmere. I mentioned I'd want to see a Shardworld that is almost entirely water, naval battles, pirates, worldhopper crews... and magic system based around air and water currents.

I just realized I started developing those storm mages...

And there are massive storm pillars which create cold an hot fronts, that push out and create storms and things.

And the shardworld itself is a literal flat planet due to some Shardic things idk and in the final book the protagonist will realise that their entire world is an arena, where spectators would come from all around the cosmere to witness the carnage and battle. 

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

They...they just announced that next season, Supernatural is going to have an animated Scooby Doo episode.

I do not know how to feel about this.

:mellow:

I stopped watching round season 8-9. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO STOP HOW MANY HELLS CAN THEY GO TO AND BE SAVED FROM?

@Left At least marathon up to the end of season 5. That was the original show pitch and the story is solid. After that it slowly gets more and more....interesting. 

Edited by Delightfully Smoak

5 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Weeds keep growing :mellow:

Storm mages can manipulate air currents and sea currents... But there is another kind of current, right? Electric current. And what is storm? Rain, wind and lightning.

We need weed mages :P

@Left

Not Scooby-Doo, but the Arrowverse DOES have the Vixen CW Seed animated series. I haven't seen it -I don't think it's acccessible outside the US?- but that might be worth a look. They're also doing one for the Ray this year, I think, and there's been rumors of them possibly making a Constantine one to carry on from his cancelled show :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Left said:

Maybe I'm going to have to listen to literally almost all of my friends and marathon Supernatural this summer. I would adore a Scooby Doo episode. The Arrowverse should do one....

Well, if it drags you into the fandom, who am I to argue?

20 hours ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

If I were a fan of the show? I would feel insulted :ph34r:

Heh. Their regular fourth-wall breaking is rather legendary at this point. There was an episode a couple seasons ago where they were zapped into an alternate universe where they were actors on a TV show that remarkably resembled their lives...

19 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

I stopped watching round season 8-9. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO STOP HOW MANY HELLS CAN THEY GO TO AND BE SAVED FROM?

@Left At least marathon up to the end of season 5. That was the original show pitch and the story is solid. After that it slowly gets more and more....interesting. 

ALL THE HELLS.

I can't just stop. Jensen Ackles is too pretty.

4 hours ago, Quiver said:

@Left

Not Scooby-Doo, but the Arrowverse DOES have the Vixen CW Seed animated series. I haven't seen it -I don't think it's acccessible outside the US?- but that might be worth a look. They're also doing one for the Ray this year, I think, and there's been rumors of them possibly making a Constantine one to carry on from his cancelled show :ph34r:

Yeah I don't know if the CW Seed is available outside the US. I tried watching Vixen, but the episodes aren't very long at all and I didn't see the point in watching so many ads for so little entertainment. I think the Constantine show has been confirmed already?....

2 hours ago, Left said:

Yeah I don't know if the CW Seed is available outside the US. I tried watching Vixen, but the episodes aren't very long at all and I didn't see the point in watching so many ads for so little entertainment. I think the Constantine show has been confirmed already?....

Maybe? I'm so far behind in everything, so.

51 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Is the "lazy eye" what you call this?

If yes... why isn't that guy wearing glasses?

Having known someone with lazy eye for decades, the answer is no. It might be possible to fix with surgery, but then again that may just result in a more "cosmetic" result and not a functional one. 

Glasses won't do anything. 

11 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

Having known someone with lazy eye for decades, the answer is no. It might be possible to fix with surgery, but then again that may just result in a more "cosmetic" result and not a functional one. 

Glasses won't do anything. 

Is this when one of your eyes is not straight? Because if that's what it is, then being someone with lazy eye for decades, I can tell you that wearing glasses:

1. Makes it invisible
  2. Makes your vision straight

EDIT: I read up on wikipedia and it seems that's what I have. Description of the treatment checks out.

Edited by Oversleep