Herwynbe knelt in place as the crew clambered out of the inn, chasing after the inquisitor. After Lady Cessie.

He still couldn't believe it. He had been with her for nearly her entire life. How had this happened?

His thoughts were interrupted as someone thumped a foaming mug down on the table next to him. It was Master Dyring. The bar appeared to be empty save for the two of them.

"It looks like it's you and me," Dyring said, grim and resolute, "We'll catch that blasted Tineye, this time for sure."

Herwynbe hesitated- he should be out there with the others, searching for Lady Cessie. He had barely left her side the past few weeks, he knew the places she had visited, people she had spoken to. He probably had the best chance of tracking her down.

But he couldn't bring himself to do it. "Very well," he said to Master Dyring, accepting the mug and taking a swig from it.

This is all roleplaying of course. Go get her guys! Down with the Inquisitor!  ;) 

Quillion marched down the streets of Urteau, not noticing the mists rising about him- or, perhaps, simply not caring. His walk had that aspect to it, of a man focused on a destination rather than the journey. Appearances, of course, could be deceiving. With his hood up, anyone he passed on the street might think him just a late night worker, or one of those Survivorists, on way to a gathering. They wouldn't expect the tattoos that curled around his eyes, the canes he crossed beneath his cloak, or the fact that he was walking in circles, round and round, trying to lose himself in thought...

It didn't work though. Whatever e did, all paths led back to one, simple fact: betrayal.

Betrayal by Cessie, which stung when it shouldn't have, and betrayal by Lord Ollivier, which didn't usury as much as it should.

He knew. He had to have known who Cessie was. What Cessie was. The thought rankled, and no matter what avenues he pursued, he couldn't escape from it. Ollivier had to have known she was one of them. It must have been why he didn't want to conduct the deal himself. An overt move against the Steel Ministry by the Csnton could be disastrous...

Not the only reason, something said. The other thought, the one that made his blood chill when rage has it flared.

Lord Ollivier hadn't told Quillion who Cessie was, even when crew members started dying. But more than that; Quillion remembered what he'd said.

He gave a bitter laugh that hung in the air like the mists. He'd remembered it because he had hoped int would be true, when Lord Ollivier told him she would be offered his protection.

Could that be it, the Obligator asked himself. Has Lord Ollivier... could he have been protecting her all along?

He didn't want to believe it. But he couldn't discard the thought.

So instead, he paced the streets, duelling canes in hand. He didn't often have an excuse to use them; defending himself from Shimble on the first day had been an exception. He wasn't thinking about defence now though.

He was thinking about how satisfying it would be to crack the canes over Ollivier and Cessies skulls.

As much as Cessie played us, I have to say she's given me a lot more motivation for what to do with Quillion's character lol.

Edited by Quiver

I think that she has more than one spike left. I'm betting that she could even have as much as four left. It'd be too much to expect to win the game with only five spiked. If she has only four spikes then, allowing for some losses, she would have to reduce the number of normal crew members down to 2. At the current rate of 1 death per day/night it'd take about 10 or so day/night cycles for them to come close to winning. 

I do agree that this is probably her last night.

Yes, but unlike the inquisitor, each of the spiked should only have one ability, and can't convert anyone in their own. So, at least after tonight, we don't have to worry about an ever-growing army; we just have to take care of the ones we already have.

By the Ja, this is getting way too confusing. Attacking teammates to alleviate suspicions? What will they think of next. Too bad we can't do a night mob on Cessie right now. now the big question is, What do uber-pewter and uber-iron do. Praise the Ja

We have to kill all of the Spiked to win.

Yes, but unlike the inquisitor, each of the spiked should only have one ability, and can't convert anyone in their own. So, at least after tonight, we don't have to worry about an ever-growing army; we just have to take care of the ones we already have.

Or rather, we need to kill at-least enough spiked so that there's only one left, to win. If in the end there's only one spiked left then it's effectively impossible for that spiked to win, unless they're a spiked coinshot or the inquisitor, and even then it's unlikely.

If the Cessie is limited to only four converts before death, and so these four spiked that we have now are all we're up against now, then the spiked are effectively losing the game. This is the tipping point. I don't imagine that it would be that easy (that is to say that I don't think Meta would allow it to be so easy). I'm sure that the Cessie still has an ability, that we have yet to see, that may be able to turn the odds against us again. We need to consider that possibility.

Edited by Aspren

Um. It's still possible for even one Spiked to win, if they can kill everyone else. It's unlikely, but it's still possible. And the odds right now aren't that different from the first game. We've got 20 players currently. 3 Spiked, 1 Inquisitor. They're about to gain another convert, and probably kill at least one person tonight (possibly two). So that'll be 18-19 players in the game. 13-14 crew members against 5 on Team Evil. Inquisitor dies (if Fate shines down on us kindly), bringing the total number of enemies to 4. Against 13-14. Those aren't great odds, but they're do-able, definitely. We saw that last game.

Um. It's still possible for even one Spiked to win, if they can kill everyone else. It's unlikely, but it's still possible. And the odds right now aren't that different from the first game. We've got 20 players currently. 3 Spiked, 1 Inquisitor. They're about to gain another convert, and probably kill at least one person tonight (possibly two). So that'll be 18-19 players in the game. 13-14 crew members against 5 on Team Evil. Inquisitor dies (if Fate shines down on us kindly), bringing the total number of enemies to 4. Against 13-14. Those aren't great odds, but they're do-able, definitely. We saw that last game.

You're implying that I said it was impossible. I said it was unlikely. As I said, they'd need a coinshot or an Inquisitor to have any hope of winning the game with only one spiked. Even if we, by shear luck, manage to kill one more spiked then we severely reduce the likelihood of them winning. We will most likely kill another spiked soon. Unlike the previous game the spiked do not have a clear intel advantage. Discrepencies are more likely to be noticedand we're more coordinated than in the previous game. 

We know that those who were misting from the start, if they got the same power still, they are not spiked.

So if you can.. test them out. If there is a soother or rioter for example, once the inquisitor is dead, do I remember wrong now, or there havent been any opportunity to spike any rioter, soother or thug right?

So any still alive who claimed those roles, if they can be tested(demand them to soothe/riot someone) then you know they are safe.

Harder to test a thug... ;).

*edit

note to self, read new posts to see if someone already posted that idea;)

Edited by dyring

You're implying that I said it was impossible. I said it was unlikely. As I said, they'd need a coinshot or an Inquisitor to have any hope of winning the game with only one spiked. Even if we, by shear luck, manage to kill one more spiked then we severely reduce the likelihood of them winning. We will most likely kill another spiked soon. Unlike the previous game the spiked do not have a clear intel advantage. Discrepencies are more likely to be noticedand we're more coordinated than in the previous game. 

Hm. I'd thought you said it was effectively impossible. I might be wrong about that, though. However, the Spiked do have a kill per night, so even one Spiked without any power at all could still kill us. That's kind of unlikely to happen though. I mean, 1 against any more than 6 people is pretty terrible odds for that Spiked, and you're right about us being more coordinated. Once the Inquisitor's dead, it should be fairly easy to ferret out the Spiked. At least most of them. So even if there's one left against 8 of us, the odds of them winning are rather slim.

Hm. I'd thought you said it was effectively impossible. I might be wrong about that, though. However, the Spiked do have a kill per night, so even one Spiked without any power at all could still kill us. That's kind of unlikely to happen though. I mean, 1 against any more than 6 people is pretty terrible odds for that Spiked, and you're right about us being more coordinated. Once the Inquisitor's dead, it should be fairly easy to ferret out the Spiked. At least most of them. So even if there's one left against 8 of us, the odds of them winning are rather slim.

I guess I'm being semantical, but effectively impossible does not mean impossible, and I said that in reference to the spiked being without coinshots or Inquisitors. What I didn't do is consider that that the spiked would still have a group ability to kill a person per night along with their other abilities. So I concede your point. I still do doubt that they have one though (it would explain the amount of attacks that happened in night 5 though). 

Then how come Cessie was only killing one person per night initially? The only way I can think that there would be a team kill ability but that Cessie still wouldn't be able to use it up until night 5 is that there needs to be at-least three spiked (which there were on night 5) for the team kill ability to be available. I don't think that Meta would give such conditional abilities though. Any ideas?

The way UberSteel is worded makes it seem like the entire Spiked team (Inquisitor AND Spiked) only have one kill. So if the Inquisitor attacks someone, the Spiked can't. If the Spiked attack, the Inquisitor can't. Or he can convert (if there's a Spike available). So you could have a night where the Inquisitor converts and the Spiked attack. Like what happened a few nights ago.

And that's not even counting any abilities the Spiked might have. I don't know what the logisitcs would be with those, though. Any thoughts?

That does accounts quite well for the events of the last few nights. Though If that was so then Cessie still should've been able to both kill someone and spike another at night in the first few nights of the game.

Edited by Aspren