Quiver:

It is impossible for a thug to be one of the spiked. Impossible, since no thug have been killed, and you lose your old ability when spiked.

It is also impossible for her to be the inquisitor. Impossible, as the inquisitor did at the same time spike someone else, and as I understand the rules, only the inquisitor can do the actual spiking(he is giving up an ability to do so), while the spiked can do the killing at nighttime. Neither Cessie nor her attacker was the inquisitor.

The oh so slight chance that shiv is innocent is due to both of them being innocent. There is simply no rulewise way for Cessie to be inquisitor or spiked at this time.

Then, we have the _fact_ that only one person snapped, that means that one one of Cessie and shiv is lying. And we KNOW FOR A FACT that cessie is not spiked or the inquisitor, there is just no reason for her to lie.

So unless I missunderstand the rules, wich I doubt, where does that leave us? Shiv needs to die

Or, IC:

"Kill him! kill him! Noone would talk like that and be right in the head! Kill him so we can get down to the important work of finding and lynching the tineye!"

Edited by dyring

Quiver:

It is impossible for a thug to be one of the spiked. Impossible, since no thug have been killed, and you lose your old ability when spiked.

It is also impossible for her to be the inquisitor. Impossible, as the inquisitor did at the same time spike someone else, and as I understand the rules, only the inquisitor can do the actual spiking(he is giving up an ability to do so), while the spiked can do the killing at nighttime. Neither Cessie nor her attacker was the inquisitor.

The oh so slight chance that shiv is innocent is due to both of them being innocent. There is simply no rulewise way for Cessie to be inquisitor or spiked at this time.

Then, we have the _fact_ that only one person snapped, that means that one one of Cessie and shiv is lying. And we KNOW FOR A FACT that cessie is not spiked or the inquisitor, there is just no reason for her to lie.

So unless I missunderstand the rules, wich I doubt, where does that leave us? Shiv needs to die

Or, IC:

"Kill him! kill him! Noone would talk like that and be right in the head! Kill him so we can get down to the important work of finding and lynching the tineye!"

I'm gonna try this again, dyring, because I feel you are missing a key element of what I've been saying.

Just because the events were written one after the other, does not mean they happened at the same time. The spiking could easily have happened hours before or after the attacking.

If it's a scam, then it wouldn't need to be the actual Inquisitor attacking Cessie. Remember, the goal is not to actually kill her, but to make it seem like they were trying to kill her. The Wounded Gazelle Gambit is about gaining trust, and it seems to have worked on you completely and utterly. You seem utterly convinced now that there is no possible way Cessie could be lying.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've said this multiple times now, yet you seem adamant about not getting it.

Edit: Also, since it seems my idea of a bloodless solution is being completely discarded, I may as well retract my vote for no one and cast a new vote for the person who is not me in this showdown, Cessie.

This was the reason why the inquisitor couldent both kill a villager and spike someone on the second night.

So I am adamant on it, because that is the way it is.

So yes, it does mean that. It does mean it happends on the same time. Everyone can do just 1 action every night. It have been explained.

Edited by dyring

Okay, even though I saw nothing in the rule specifically forbidding that, let's take it that way. What i am saying is this:

1) The Inquisitor spikes someone during the night.

2) In the same night, one of the Spiked makes an attack on someone else.

3) The goal is not to actually kill, but to create the illusion that they were trying to kill. This is what we call a 'con job.' The goal is to convince you that something was meant to happen, but failed. This is the reason the trope is referred to as a "Gambit."

4a) The Inquisitor, thus, only performed one action; spiking someone else.

4b) One of the Spiked performed another action; attacking someone to set up the con.

5) ???

6) Profit!

Shiv, I was hoping to see that you would remain for no one, because then I could have believed you.

But the key difference between how the villagers play and how the Spiked play, is every Spiked matters. Every villager doesn't.

Even if you are a lurcher, then who cares! I mean, we could have both of you trained on Ping, so that he never dies. But then we're losing two villagers a day, with their killing and their coinshotting each taking a person down. If you want to accurately save someone, the lurching does nothing. And we already know that coinshotting is worse than useless, because we have to assume that they already have one lurcher, who can block our one coinshot. Giving them a Thug would be far worse than a lurcher.

Shiv, if you were a villager, you should have known to take one for the team. Every innocent that we lynched did this. They shrugged it off, saying, you shouldn't do this, but that was the end. They did not change their initial stance to try and aid their survival. The one who did that was me, each time I was in the spotlight.

There's a difference, bart, between me and just about everyone else who has been on the chopping block thus far this game. I've got this figured out, and I've told you all exactly what is going on. You would not be giving them a Thug. You'd be killing either a Spiked or the Inquisitor themselves. With me, you're killing a Lurcher.

But aside from that, if you shift the vote to Cessie, I am dead certain we could end the game on Day 5. Kill me, and you just delay the end. It's not taking one for the team, it's trying to convince the team to let me play and bench someone else.

I changed my vote because no one seemed willing to go with the idea. And I'll be damned if Shiv isn't going to give himself every chance he can to live. You don't live as long as he has on the streets and among crews doing things any other way.

(Sitting here, bored, so hope you guys don't mind my doing a little roleplaying. I haven't used Quillion in a bit anyway.)

Quillion listened to the arguments going back and forth across the room, slowly becoming more and more gloomy. He felt like he was sinking into the ground, or like the sky was falling.

Not that he could let it show, of course. He was still an obligator. He was noble, better than these skaa, one of the devotees of the Lord Ruler and right-hand man to Lord Ollivier himself...

And where has that gotten you?

The voice was small, but it had been growing stronger over the last few nights... but no. That wasn't true. It hadn't even started the day the Lord Ruler died, that had just pushed it to the surface. It was something he'd been thinking about, one way or another, for a very, very long time.

Lord Ollivier, sitting in his tower in the Canton of Orthodoxy was a cruel bastard, who deserved to die.

He deserved to be the one sitting here. To be the one trying to decide who should or shouldn't live. Quillion didn't have any particular affection for the people in this bar. He couldn't even understand the words of the one-eyed urchin they seemed to be accusing.

The only thing he understood in the tumult was that, somehow, the noblewoman had been pushed to the chopping block.

He thought back to Shimble's death. Another noble, but that hadn't bothered him. Why was this one?

Because... because he was a thug, he told himself. Cessie... he was about to think she wasn't, but it made him smile. That was exactly what she claimed to be wasn't it?

No, the difference was that Shimble had abused him, thought himself better than Quillion- he showed that on the first day, when he tried to rob him. And he had seen Lord Ollivier's expression; he seemed happy when he heard how he'd been stabbed to death. Ollivier must have had some personal vendetta against him, as well.

But Cessie?

While Shiv ran around the room, protesting his innocence in that backwards tongue of his, she was quiet, and poised. The picture of a noblewoman, assured of her position. She was confident she was innocent...

Perhaps too confident, for one who had been attacked.

He chewed his lip and waited to see the scene unfold miserably. He wanted to hold off voting, for as long as he could. He had a feeling that that wasn't going to be much longer.

And, Lord Ruler help him, he was voting against Cessie.

Edited by Quiver

I´m convinced shiv is the right one to die. But I dont buy that argument barty. I changed my vote from you to Aether shortly before I was lynched last game. thou I stated I was still sure you were guilty and thought you were the best target, I was just hoping that since I was almost as certain that Aether was spiked to at that point, maybe I could get him instead there since there seemed to be one or two who was arguing for it.

@meta

sorry about the infraction. I shall be more careful.

there are some odd circumstances around the last night cycle too. Based on previous nights, I had assumed that the inquisitor could only convert OR kill, but not both. In this recent cycle, he/she seems to have done both.

Jason, why?

Attacking cessie(aka - killing) can be done by a convert. Spiking done by the inq. If you got something hinting on something else please say so.

this is possible. but it would mean we have a spiked coinshot. yeah, you're probably right.

Edited by jasonpenguin

Night 5 (Gambits and Trust)

Shiv hadn’t felt this betrayed since the time Renny had taken his eye. No, that wasn’t right...

Shiv hadn't felt this betrayed since the disastrous results of the Intarian Job. Hmm, no, still not quite there...

Shiv hadn't felt this betrayed since he was six years old, and Felsi had punched Dommik in the face on the Heap instead of him. She said she liked him! Yeah, that was more like it.

This hurt worse because it also meant that he had failed to do his job as well. Modeft himself come to ask him to join the Crew. He had wanted someone who could filter through the noise and erratic-seeming movements within a Crew this large to make sure that no one in the Crew betrayed them.

“Wasing the what of wonder when twist to the wrong?” Shiv whispered. These days, Shiv didn’t bother with inner monologue; no one could understand him anyways. Well that was going to be a problem now, because he needed them to understand him. They needed to know how much danger they were in. He wasn’t very flamboyant, so there were no grand leaps on to table tops, no sweeping gestures. Shiv just sat, arms crossed and with his feet on the table.

“So what the hell do I do when they all betray me?”

"Hasing the true, speaking the Shiv is the speaking of is of the making to all of the wronging. Notting the hasing of first blind toss to the seeing and right rotting notting the lasting to. Have to the doing of the whatting to do, not to seeing of righting 'fore taking, revel right, always the roughing on the notting down.”

“I swear to you, I am who I say I am and you’re about to make a huge mistake. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a gambit like this and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let you all make it my last. So you do what you have to do, but if you can’t see the truth before you and try to take me out, rest assured, I won’t be going down without a fight.”

With that his hand shot out and a throwing dagger seemed to almost magically appear in his fingers. It flew across the room and thunked into the table top where Cessie was sitting. She jumped and looked at him.

“Hasing the has of knowing,” Shiv said, his eye never wavering as it locked onto hers. “Knowing the not in the winning. Hasing the have of the knowing, wasing the saying to the right rest brightness on almost.

"I'm on to you."

"You know you won't get away in the end. I figured you out, and I'd say the rest of the people in the room are nearly as clever as me."

Cessie was the first to look away.

The rest of the Crew retired to a corner of the room, somewhere not between Shiv’s table and Cessie’s to discuss. After much discussion, they approached Shiv.

"Hasing the has making of the right? Twice to the mind, notting of feeling. Always to darking by the sight shining."

“Have you come to apologize? On second thought, I doubt it. You're all too blinded by the pretty face.”

Peng moved first and he moved with the grace and speed of Pewter, but Shiv was still quicker. He was out of his seat in an instant. He flew up and away from the crowd, as if he were being magnetically drawn to the rafters. While still in the air, he pulled another throwing knife. Shiv was more than good with his knives, he was deadly. Even so, he was no match for a Mistborn and though the throw was perfect, it only caught Peng in the shoulder instead of the throat, as planned.

"Hasing running red on the twice, revel rot," he might die in a moment, and he still didn't know all their names. "Hasing the wanting to flowing, taking the evens." He grinned, gesturing toward his patch with the tip of the next blade.

“Blood for blood, happy boy. If you want to spill mine, it'll be an even trade.”

Unfortunately, Shiv knew his bravado and threat were false. He had no where he could go and no desire to actually hurt this Crew. Modeft had tasked him with protecting it and even now he wasn’t going to betray that. So when an array of coins shot forth from Pengs hand, Shiv didn’t even try to dodge.

The coins bit deep into his skin, some passing all the way through and Shiv fell out of the air. Ever watchful, even through the pain, he saw someone at the edge of the group turn away, shaking and quivering, as if in an enormous amount of pain. Everyone else was so focused on him, that no one noticed.

“Always as to the aiding,” Shiv thought. Then he smacked into the ground and world went black.

"I should go help them."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 5 Begins! This write up was a little late because there was no way I could do as good of a job with the High Imperial, so I asked for Shiver’s help with that. As such, there will be 34 hours to this night.  

Shiv actually was a Lurcher!

Player Votes

Shiv - 8 (Gamon, Barty, Ridge, Vron, Kukri, Herwynbe, Dyring, Roban, Peng)

Cessie - 2 (Quillion, Maxill, Shiv)

No Kill - 1 (Aspren)

No Vote - 9 (Windrunner, Wes, Seran, Aether, Mathieu, Aonar, Cessie, Wilson, Grayv)

Updated Player List

Edited by Metacognition

Meta, you wrote that he was a lurcher, not village lurcher as you used to do before. If you did not do this on purpose, please correct it;). Shiv will be extremely carefully searched for a spike;)

Dyring looks shocked and... well, more angry then sad.

"True, it is night now, and propably stupid to announce. But seing how there was no spike, I will vote for Cessie tomorrow."

One vote each for Cessie and Shiv removed by soothing or rioting too.

Edited by dyring

first of all: sorry shiv. I am sure there are waffles in heaven.

he saw someone at the edge of the group turn away, shaking and quivering, as if in an enormous amount of pain. Everyone else was so focused on him, that no one noticed.

this sounds like a second snapping

Hey, look.

We killed another innocent. I'm starting to second guess our Mistborn's decision makings. :unsure:

But hey. If some of us survive the night we can totally try and kill Cessie next. (Somehow. Even though they're about to have double lurch protection if the spiked conversion happens successfully)

The rules stating that a converted indicidual got 50% chance of gaining the dead mistings power. This does not mean that they got 50% chance of getting another random power but that its 50% chance of them gaining _no_ power att all apart from Ehvilness right?

Cause if not, Iv majorly missunderstood.

Edited by dyring

I think the main issues, shiv, was the initial confusion on if both you and Cessie could be snapped and if it was even possible for Cessie to be a spiked thug. Once it became clear that both of you were actually suspect, it was too late and not enough available facts to sway people who had already voted. I was actually more suspect of Cessie than you but couldn't make any stronger of a case than it was just too coincidental the snapped thug getting attacked right after declaring.

Wes sighed to himself. "Yet another asset lost."

He shot Cessie a piercing glance but looked away quickly. Despite his suspicions of her being one of their strongest leads so far, they'd felt that way a few times now and each had ended in disaster for the group. It felt more and more like the inquisitor was just playing with them.

Before heading out to find a place to hold up for the night, he raised his glass to Shiv's limp, bloody form.

"Wasing to.... Notting as the.... Nicing the..." His eyebrows turned down in thought.

"Ever wasing the.... Rust and Ruin! Sorry mate. Making coherent thoughts out of your words was half my day's entertainment. You'll be missed." With that, he downed the last of his drink and made his exit out into the unforgiving night.

The rules stating that a converted indicidual got 50% chance of gaining the dead mistings power. This does not mean that they got 50% chance of getting another random power but that its 50% chance of them gaining _no_ power att all apart from Ehvilness right?

Cause if not, Iv majorly missunderstood.

If they are unsnapped, they also have a 25% chance of snapping upon being spiked.

(Oh Cessie. You've broken Quillions heart!)

Quillions held his breath as Shiv was searched. He hadn't made a scene; once it was clear that the mood had turned against Shiv, he held his vote, and settled back into his corner to watch. Now, he was still watching, waiting.

It could have been him, he thought, desperately. He might have fooled me, and actually been...

A lurcher. The most born produced the vial of metals to prove it, and Quillions felt his world collapse.

It's her. It has to be. He looked at Cessie, trying to re-evaluate her. She looked the same as ever but... she was cool? Strong? Like iron...?

No. That was stretching things, and he knew it. Looking at her, Quillion couldn't tell if she was the spiked or not, but he felt it. A deep certainty in his gut. The crew had a chance to get them, and let it slip away. And he'd let them.

Lord Ollibier will want to know- he began, rising on reflex before stopping. He said he'd offer her his protection? Let him find out with a spike through his heart.

Instead, he approached the bar, careful to skirt the edges of Cessies table. He was done with the thing for the night. The mists were dangerous. The bar was dangerous, too, but at least here, he could pass the night drunk.

He took a bag from his pocket, and dropped it on the table. A few from Lord Ollivier, to swat votes his way if he needed it. Quillion decided to put it too better use.

"Drinks for all," he told Drying. "And a room for me. There's more where that came from."

Without waiting for a response, he took a bottle and returned to his table. He kept a hand on his dueling cane, and an eye on the woman, and started to drink.

Jason:

That still doesent work thou. something is very fishy here. At the time of the attack on cessie, there was only the inquisitor and one convert. (second one was made that night.)

The inquisitor was not there. Only one action per night. That means Cessie cannot be the inquisitor according to rules as I understand them. And that she attacked herself? I mean, there was two people in the writeup so that shouldent work.

I must be missing something, cause short of either Cessie or Shiv stating wrongly that they were snapped when they were infact mistings from the beginning, I dont get it to fit together. Or that Peng missunderstood what they wrote to him. If someone gets it to work, do please explain.

Edited by dyring