I fully support that approach. But the day is short and Peng is offline, so we don't have time today. Tomorrow for sure: we'll make a day of it and spend 24 hours lobbying for Peng to pick X or Y to kill, then abide by it when he decides.

Edited by Kurkistan

"A Mistborn." Ollivier frowned, leaning back in his chair and placing his hand against his cheek. Quillion nodded, shuffling through his notes.

"Yes, my lord," he said, fidgeting. "So he said anyway."

Ollivier nodded dispassionately, but Quillion could see something stirring in his eyes. It wasn't a shift in attitude, or a desire to turn this revelation to his advantage. It was fury. Ollivier was displeased, and Quillion thought he knew why- the old man hadn't expected any Mistborn to be present.

Well, now you know how I feel, the obligator thought stubbornly. Lord Ollivier had appeared uninterested when he was told about the poison currently rushing through his agent. If he wanted to, he could have had Quillion cured; the Canton had the resources and the funds for that. Instead, he told Quillion to play along with the rest of the crews infirmity.

And he had known about the Inquisitor from the start. He had implied as much, before the venture began, of course; but he had known that an Inquisitor would strike out at the group and attempt to kill them. The same way he had known that whoever he sent to the inn was going to die.

Sometimes, Quillion wondered if Ollivier was burning atium, fiendishly resourceful, or had the luck of The Lord Ruler. Then he reminded himself that it could just be all three.

"A Mistborn," he repeated, his free hand curling into a tight claw on his desk. He drummed his fingers against his cheek. It was, Quillion realised, somewhat gratifying to see him in such distress.

"Quillion, talk to this Mistborn," he pronounced. "Follow him. Offer prayers to their... Survivor if you have to." He looked like the word left a bad taste in his mouth. "Do whatever you need to to gain his trust. When this is over, I will want to retain his services."

Quillion bowed low. "Yes, my lord," he said.

I'll talk to him alright, he promised. I can even think of a good person for him to kill.

So, whenever the Mistborn announced to the crew his suspicions, Quillion, in his first moment of action since the whole affair began, stood up and said, "As representative for the Canton of Orthodoxy, I witness this vote and cast my own with yours, Mistborn."

As Cessie listened to the conversations going on around her, a type of calm came over her.  She was sure that part of the problem was simply the shock of the situation, but that was a small part of her mind.

"My good gental folk," she said, striding to the center of the room to make sure she had everyone's attention.  She made sure to stand with the posture her mother had drilled into her, doing everything she had been taught to project an air of confidence.  People naturally responded to those who were noble.

"I see that there is a split in the opinions of our great crew, and I think the best way to assure that our esteemed leader is able to make a decision is to have all of the arguments already available to review when he returns.

"Lord Listmaster," she said turning to look at Aether.  "Would you be so kind as to create a list of the complaints lobbied against each person.  If each of you will present your reasons for why you think they should be the one sacrified for the greater good, we will get a good list put together to help make things easier."

"I only hope," she thought as she sat back down, "that I am not painting a giant target on my head for speaking up."

Edited by princess

So, whenever the Mistborn announced to the crew his suspicions, Quillion, in his first moment of action since the whole affair began, stood up and said, "As representative for the Canton of Orthodoxy, I witness this vote and cast my own with yours, Mistborn."

Peng already called out Wes, just so you know.

I managed to miss it too. :unsure:

I vote no one.

I agree that it's highly likely that Peng is the Mistborn. I've thought that since he came out initially. However, that's not enough to make me blindly follow him in all his votes. (I've learned something since last game and the HUGE mistakes I made there) Based on Wes' response earlier, I have the distinct feeling that Peng is targeting him because Wes doesn't have a power, and because of that, Peng thinks he's expendable. Personally, that's not a good enough reason for me to kill someone when this is their first game. I doubt that anyone really thinks Wes is the Inquisitor, and I don't want to take part in killing someone whose only fault was that he doesn't have an Allomantic power.

It's for these same reasons that I'm not telling Peng what I am. It's not about trust. I know he's trustworthy. I just don't want him to decide whether or not I'm expendable based on whether or not I have a power and what power I have. That's not a good enough reason to go killing innocents. We've already lost three. We can't keep up that same rate, especially when we were so cautious on the first day.

EDIT: Do I realize this secrecy makes me look suspicious? Absolutely. Do I care? Not really. If he's desperate to know what I am, he said he's got a Seeker. They can Seek me. That's not a problem. But I'm not going to just hand over my role willy-nilly and let him control my moves and whether I live or die. I hope you all understand. :)

EDIT 2: changed vote

I too, would vote no one but am going to vote for Quillion in an attempt to balance things out and force a deadlock. I realize a Rioter can change that but I would hope that no one wants to kill innocents. Wilson, I think you should follow my example as a no vote counts for nothing.

Edit: Aether, I think we could use one of your lists right about now.

Edit 2: Meta, does a vote for Quillion count?

As of now, the vote count is:

Wes: 3

Quillion: 3

Kukri:1

No one:2

Edited by Mailliw73

If I may ask, why Wes? What has he done that is suspicious? I know the only way we can be sure anyone is innocent is for them to be dead, but I don't want to kill anyone I don't have to.

Does it have to do with which role he said he was? By the way, can you tell us the relative proportions of the roles you know, so we can guess at what the Inquisitor may be claiming to be?

Edit: I'd be willing to vote Quillion for a deadlock (for now). I hope the rioter/soother doesn't decide to use his/her powers though.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Wilson, I think you should follow my example as a no vote counts for nothing.

Lord Ruler, you make a good point....Fine. This really better force the tie. Quillion

I swear this is nothing against you, Quillion/Lord Ollivier! I have every intention of paying as much attention to these votes as I can and adjust my vote accordingly. To that end, I agree that Aether needs to make a list. It would be way useful right now.

EDIT: Retracted vote. Will still be paying attention.

Guys. killing no one is silly.

Come on, and listen to Ping. Everyone, it's ok to trust him, especially if he is baldface. I guarantee he can't hold up his charade for very long if he ain't legit, and then we know exactly whom to kill.

It doesn't matter how many we lose. As long as we have Ping to intelligently make decisions based of off who lies or doesn't talk, then we win.

Peng already called out Wes, just so you know.

I managed to miss it too. :unsure:

Oh, yeah, I saw that, hence the agreement. I was just putting it that way for dramatic/role play reasons; Quillion sucking up by being very formal and professional to the Mistborn. I wasn't entirely clear whether we were supposed to be naming the votes in red (since I thought Kurk mentioned not doing that so Peng's stood out?) but just in case, to make it officially, I'm following the crowd and voting for Wes. Edited by Quiver

I am withholding my vote for now, in the hopes that we will hear again from our Mistborn before the day is done.

Speaking of which, exactly when does the day end? The write up was a few hours late, so will the day go a few hours longer? I don't really care one way or the other

Wes, the knave, as bid

We take your pitiful life.

We shall mourn for you

Shimble sobbed into his drink. He didn't want to do it - he had no real choice.

"Wes, friend, I'm sorry. Forgive me for what I did!"

Wes looked at him, a little annoyed.

"You just shouted a drunken haiku mourning for me and promising to kill me. I'm worried about how bloodthirsty you are, but you haven't even tried punch me. In the state you're in, you'd miss if you did."

Shimble stared at Wes.

"Old friend! Can it..can it truly be you? I'm sorry for what we did...I had no choice! Don't haunt me, pale spirit! Unhand me, begone from this cursed place; you'll find no solace here! Drag your rattling chains elsewhere and leave us in peeeaaaaaace!"

Edited by Swimmingly

Until Peng has been given everyone's roles, he's really hardly better informed than the rest of us. Why should we follow his votes so blindly? There's only one Inquisitor right now and 25 of us, so it's not like he's able to manipulate the vote much. Unless he's got strong reason to believe Wes is the Inquisitor, which he said he doesn't, we should just go with our guts. If your target for lynching is a person we really need and he/she's near to getting lynched, Peng can just PM you and say you need to change it.

@Wilson

I do understand why you feel reluctant to give your role to Peng. But he's still our best chance. Sure, it is rather cold-blooded to go with just the roleless if that is what he's doing, but it makes sense. Most of the allomancers can be verified quickly and easily without having to spare the Seeker(s), but Villagers have to be actually Seeked. And if we lynch someone with a role, we're screwed. So you really should give your role to him. When he finally has everyone's roles, we'll actually have a very good base of information to build on, so we won't just have to go with "this guy seems randomly suspicious to me" or "this guy's a Villager, he's expendable". If we have all the roles, we can ferret out the liars, we can organize everyone so that everyone's working together, we can minimize friendly fire.

Please, everyone, just tell him your role. It doesn't matter if your role is just a Villager, just tell him so we know. This is our best chance. Let's not waste it.

@kirk Sorry for late response, was at work when posted and only just got home to answer.

I not voting along side Peng because he has nothing to go on.  Peng himself said that targeting Wes was his best guess.  Until someone can provide proof that killing Wes is a good idea my vote remains unchanged.

@quiver Sorry.  was hoping that a vote for proxy would only mean a fun but worthless death. didn't know Meta was going to lump both chars together.

Hey, people who say we need conclusive evidence:

I've asked Ping to not tell his reasoning to me or on the forum. If he knows someone is clean, then he can use Direct Messages. The Inquisitor can read all of this, so the best thing we can do is follow Ping, the only one we know has a lot of the info. I can't choose for myself because I know nothing. If the same is true for you, follow Ping.

I was under the impression that the reason we were giving roles to Peng was so he could verify people's abilities behind the scenes. I can think of quite a few ways to manipulate the inquisitor into making mistakes just knowing everyone's claimed role, and being able to assign tasks to people. I fail to see how killing someone by vote without any real suspicion (as Peng said was the case) really gains us any information.

The first night we had no information so didn't vote. The night actions, though, allowed us to verify Peng's claims and I'm guessing helped Peng identify the coinshot, seeker, and lurcher. So, information was gained without losing a fourth person on top of the three we did lose. Tonight, Peng can assign tasks to those he's identified and verify more people as trustworthy or untrustworthy. Based on that, he makes suggestion for vote the next day. Everyone goes with his choice because he has information we don't. Thats what I thought the plan was. Why should we blindly follow Peng's advice if he's not basing it on anything he learned from his role as mistborn? His guess is no better than anyone else's at that point, especially since not everyone has sent him their roles. 

Now, if I've done or said something that truly makes Peng suspicious of me, ok. If he has some master plan going on behind the scenes and killing me helps with that, great. If this message in itself makes him suspicious, so be it. I'm fine with be a sacrificial lamb if it helps out the crew, and gains real information. Just send me a pm saying you have a good reason, Peng, and I'll zip it from here on out. Please don't tell me, though, that you are putting me up for vote "just because". If that is so, Harmony should have blessed us with a different mistborn. That gains you no real information other than scratching me off the list as the inquisitor. In addition, you are one more person down. 

Since i'm already in the crosshairs I'll go ahead and lay all the cards on the table. As Wilson guessed, I am just a regular villager. Yes, if you're going to kill someone, a regular villager is the safest bet cause it doesn't allow the Inquisitor to pass an ability but it also gains you absolutely nothing if you have no reason for it. It'll be upsetting if I trusted Peng enough to send him my role and then he axes me just because I'm expendable.