Sorry I've been a little less than active lately. So, to make sure I understand our current situation: Peng wants to kill Wes for ambiguous reasons, and due to Peng's supposed credibility, many are following his lead. Those who disagree (for whatever reason) are voting for Quillion just to force a deadlock? Or something? Is there any particular reason Quillion was chosen?

If we really just want to make sure that we don't kill someone important, we could just kill me off since I'm not being much help anyway. Although, that wouldn't be tactically sound from my perspective since I am fairly certain I'm not the Inquisitor.

I haven't gotten enough sleep to come to my own conclusions. Someone convince me who to vote for please.  :unsure: I'll go ahead and vote no one just in case.

I chose Quillion as I saw it as something close to a 'no kill' vote.  Quillion being a simple proxy seemed a good target. No one would die and Meta gets his kill.  Unfortunately Meta decided that a vote for Quillion was a vote for Ollivier. (We have a very bloodthirsty GM)

I chose Quillion as I saw it as something close to a 'no kill' vote.  Quillion being a simple proxy seemed a good target. No one would die and Meta gets his kill.  Unfortunately Meta decided that a vote for Quillion was a vote for Ollivier. (We have a very bloodthirsty GM)

While yes I am, there's no way I couldn't lump the two together. :P If I allowed such things, then it would effectively give Quiver Thug-like abilities and soon we'd have everyone working through at least one proxy, if not more!

Also, I retract my vote for Kukri and change my vote to Quillion just to give a chance at locking the vote.

On another note, this is an acceptable means of changing your vote. As I go through the posts to record votes, I would've hit Wes's first vote and recorded it. Then I would get to this one, realize that he's retracted the vote I have recorded and voted for someone else. If there's been a lot of talking since your last post, I don't want to force you guys to have to go back through multiple pages to find your last vote. 

While yes I am, there's no way I couldn't lump the two together. :P If I allowed such things, then it would effectively give Quiver Thug-like abilities and soon we'd have everyone working through at least one proxy, if not more!

On another note, this is an acceptable means of changing your vote. As I go through the posts to record votes, I would've hit Wes's first vote and recorded it. Then I would get to this one, realize that he's retracted the vote I have recorded and voted for someone else. If there's been a lot of talking since your last post, I don't want to force you guys to have to go back through multiple pages to find your last vote.

Well, if everyone votes for the proxies, sure, they dead, and you're down a minion. But vote for Lord Quillion himself, and he's gone, sucka.

Since Aether hasn't been around for a while, I figure I may as well make a list :)

Votes:
Wes: (8) Peng, Kukri, Bartbug, Quillion, Gamon, Dyring, Lucy, Porridge

Shimble: (8) Herwynbe, Aonar, Wilson, Maxil, Aspren, Vron, Eddy, Aether
No one: (2) Seran,  Cessie, Wes,
Currently not voting: (7) Roban, Shimble, Grave, Mathieu, Digits, Windrunner

Something else interesting to note; Shimble retracted his vote as soon as it looked like it was going to deadlock again. I won't make any accusations (since not wanting a deadlock doesn't necessarily make you evil), but feel free to take from this what you will.

Edit: Changing my vote to no one, just for the sake of a deadlock. I really hope I don't have to go back and forth like this all the way until the write-up.

Edit: Updated with Herwynbe's vote.

Edit 3: Updated with Gamon's vote. 

Edit 4: Luckat pointed out that I forgot Windy. Also updated with Herwynbe's vote change.

Edit 5: Updated just because.

Edited by AonarFaileas

Aonar, you have my gratitude for the list. I, too, have gone through the posts in order to make a list, and my count is the same as yours.

While I support the idea of following Peng's decisions, the arguments of those who disagree with him have persuaded me. I find that I cannot rightfully and truthfully follow someone who, by his own lips, has admitted that he does not have any good reason for his judgement.

I don't have very good reasoning for wes's death. I had much better reasoning for lam(we threatened him into adopting the no kill plan) I'm still hoping for some more role PMs. right now i am in contact with a lurcher, a seeker, and a coinshot, which are the most important, as i can be protected, kill people, and test people's role claims; however, i would still like a proclaimed role from a few more people before i make my final decisions.

It is my belief that there are several among us who have acted suspiciously, and others among us who have called them out on it. It would not be wise to ignore these observations, I think. Therefore, at this time I choose to withhold my vote. Lord Peng knows my role, and knows that I have not lied about it. Perhaps the logic and actions of myself, and others, will cause him to reconsider his vote to kill Wes.

I will continue to follow the thread until the last minute, in case there are any further developments.

EDIT: I do not like how this has developed so far, and I really do not like that we have heard so little from our Mistborn since he gave his vote. I hate to do it, because it may annoy people who do not want the game drawn out, but Metacognition, I officially request an extra 12 hours for the day. Hopefully that will give Peng enough time to get back on and either give us some better reasoning (Bartbug you can plug your ears and hum) or be swayed by reasoning of the group.

Edited by Herowannabe

As everyone argues back and forth, the hours seem to fly by. Just as the sun is a fiery red ball on the horizon, something strange happens. Rather than continue to fall, the sun stops in the sky and... seems to be reversing? The mists start to come out, only to realize that it is still daytime. 

"What the he-" they seem to say before poofing out of existence. 

The sun reaches its zenith in the sky and hangs there for a moment before returning to its trek across the sky towards dusk.

It's too bad the Crew didn't see any of it, for they would've been amazed. Unfortunately, they were too engrossed in their debate.

The Day has been extended by 12 hours. You now have 13 and 1/2 hours before the end of the day. 

Edit: By the way guys, we already have more pages in this game than we did for the entirety of the first game and it's only day 2! That alone blew my mind. 

Edited by Metacognition

Hey, I don't know and to be honest, I don't deserve to know. If Ping knows that you're clean, then feel free to ask him. I've given my reasons why his reasons should not be posted openly. We have the edge in knowledge and we need to keep that edge.

Hey, I don't know and to be honest, I don't deserve to know. If Ping knows that you're clean, then feel free to ask him. I've given my reasons why his reasons should not be posted openly. We have the edge in knowledge and we need to keep that edge.

And you are right, there are some very good reasons why Peng should NOT disclose any information. However, the information he has disclosed (and I quote, "I don't have very good reasoning for wes's death.") leaves something to be desired. If he were to say "I have my reasons, but I do not wish to disclose them, and I still vote for Wes" then I would happily vote along with him. If, however, Peng does not have any reasons to suspect anyone, others of us have voiced suspicions of other players and we do have reasons for our suspicions. Peng might want to listen to them before casting his vote.

(For example, I can't help but notice that two of us, independently, have voiced suspicion for Swimmingly (Shimble Leice). That ought to count for something, I would think).

"Um, guys?" Gamon asked, heavily confused. "Is it just me.... or is it Noon again? I swear it was just twilight...." He shakes his head and dismisses what he thinks he just saw. There's no WAY that huge, far red sun could just reverse and go back into the sky.

That was craziness.

OOC: Ok. So. Looks like some good debates going. Unfortunately, we all have to be on the same page. Otherwise the Inquisitor will take advantage of the riff.

Frankly, we have to start killing, even if it's at the risk of killing an innocent. That's all this game is, is taking the chances and hoping you made a good guess. At least, this early on and with this many players... chances of actually hitting the Inquisitor are still tremendously low. And I feel for you Wes, not wanting to die. I'd be arguing against mob-rule just as much as you if I were in the crosshairs.

And this is going to sound cold. Like, real cold. But since Wes has been so kind as to tell us about him being a Regular Villager... he is technically our best bet to kill without empowering the Spiked. We'll at least know if we kill him, the Inquisitor won't have a power to spike someone with tonight or tomorrow.
And I would not be voting for him if I thought we had a better lead.
Personally, I heavily suspect Shamble at this point. Just ever since the beginning of the game he has flopped on quite a few points, always seeming to try and go with public sway. Half of the suggestions he's made are fairly weak and seem like they'd eventually let the Inquisitor know crucial information, or just things that would work in their favor.

Heavy accusations I know, but it's still just suspicion, and nothing definite. But my eye IS on you, Shamble, just a warning.
Unfortunately, a vote for him would achieve nothing, so sorry, Wes. But my vote is for you.
We just have to stay with Peng's decisions right now.

My reasoning for why Peng is ALMOST 100% legit Mistborn.... the fact nobody else has stepped forward claiming to be one is evidence enough for me. And if the Seekers had a problem, they would have almost guaranteed said something.

(Seems like more than a few people have suspected Shimble so far, and I already messaged Peng earlier in the day before those accusations started flying, really, so ask him if you want proof I'm not just 'jumping on the suspicion bandwagon'.)

BUT, if votes do start happening for Shimble, since there are at least suspicions for him, I recommend Peng and everybody change to him. We do have another 12 hours to figure this out though. (Good call on the extension, BTW)

Edit: Strikethrough'd what Wilson pointed me out on, good point. My mistake, lol.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Here's another list, ala Aether's lists from last game:

Suspicions expressed:

Dyring for Shimble and Gamon

Kukri for Dyring

Herwynbe for Kukri and Shimble

Gamon for Shimble (heavily)

Aonar for Shimble

Opinions voiced:

Hero wants to support Peng, but wants discussion amongst everyone first.

Maxill is leaning toward trusting Peng, but wants his reasons for voting for Wes first.

Ridge says Peng doesn't have any better idea than the rest of us, and we should all vote with our gut.

Actual votes:

Peng for Wes

Barty for Wes

Aspren for no one

Vron for Quillion (retracted)

Kukri for Wes

Wes for Kukri (retracted)

Wilson for no one (retracted)

Maxill for Quillion (retracted)

Aonar for Quillion (retracted)

Ollivier for Wes

Wilson for Quillion (retracted)

Shimble for Wes (retracted)

Wes for Quillion (retracted

Seran for no one

Aonar for no one (retracted)

Herwynbe for no one (retracted)

Gamon for Wes

Herwynbe for Shimble

Lucy for Wes

Cessie for no one

Aonar for Shimble

Roban for Herwynbe

Dyring for Wes

Aspren for Shimble

Aether for no one <---Hasn't been retracted

Eddy for Shimble

Vron for Shimble

Wilson for Shimble

Maxill for Shimble

Aether for Shimble <---This is UNOFFICIAL

Ridge for Wes

Wes for no one

Not yet voted: Windy, Digits, Shimble, Matheiu, Shiv, Grave

Sorry about all the color. I was trying to code each vote and stuff. Might've made it too crazy. Probably also doesn't help that I'm just running off a basic bbcode color code chart, but...whatever.

EDIT: to add Gamon's vote and suspicions

Edit 2: To keep from double posting, but I want to address this bit from Gamon

And this is going to sound cold. Like, real cold. But since Wes has been so kind as to tell us about him being a Regular Villager... he is technically our best bet to kill without empowering the Spiked. We'll at least know if we kill him, the Inquisitor won't have a power to spike someone with tonight or tomorrow.

I could be wrong about this, but I think the Inquisitor probably has a limited amount of time after a person dies before they can Spike someone. Probably just a night. And he's already killed Weiry, so he's already got a Spike prepped for Spiking tonight. I doubt he can do two in one night. And I'll bet that if we do kill a Misting, he can't use that tomorrow. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, Meta.

EDIT 3: Added Aonar's suspicions

EDIT 4: Added Hero's vote change (dangit. Now I need to go find a new color!) and Lucy's vote

EDIT 5: Added Cessie's vote

EDIT 6: Changed Aonar's vote and added Roban's

EDIT 7: Changed Aspren's, added Dyring and Aether

EDIT 8: Changed Wilson's and Vron's vote; added Eddy

EDIT 9: Changed Maxill's vote

EDI 10 (holy crap! 10 edits!): added Ridge, changed Aether

EDIT 11: fixed Aether's, changed Wes'

Edited by little wilson

Wait, here's a good question for Meta; if the player killed is UnSnapped, can the Inquisitor convert someone with a 50% chance of them gaining a random role? If they can... that pretty well invalidates the whole, "Wes's death won't help the Inquisitor very much because he's not a misting" argument. Although really, the Inquisitor already has a Lurcher for crying out loud. The only way we could really help him/her more than normally would be by killing someone who is a Seeker or a Coinshot. 

That's a pretty good list (much more useful than mine), Wilson, but not totally complete. I also voiced (or rather heavily implied) suspicion of Shimble.

Edit: My list has been edited with new votes. I'll wait and see how the voting goes before trying to make a deadlock again though.

Edit 2: Wilson, I'm pretty sure the Inquisitor can only convert one per night, but if a misting dies today, he can still convert someone to that role tonight.

Edited by AonarFaileas

The Inquisitor needs to use the body of a dead Misting that was killed within a cycle ago. So they couldn't use one from Day 1 anymore, if there had been a Misting death on that day. They will be able to use Weiry and any Misting that died today, but they can only convert once during the night turn. So, lets say you guys accidentally kill a Smoker. The Inquisitor would have to choose between them and they wouldn't be able to use the power from the other one (due to the next day turn happening before they'd get another chance to convert someone).

UnSnapped players are not revealed within the write up. The only way to find the Unsnapped is via Seeker or them snapping. Thus, the Inquisitor cannot use an Unsnapped player to fuel conversions. 

Edited by Metacognition

I also voiced (or rather heavily implied) suspicion of Shimble.

Did you? At some point in my read-through, I think I must've stopped reading all the posts, and just started skimming and paying attention to the color. So the suspicions part might not be entirely complete, but I can totally fix that.

Edit 2: Wilson, I'm pretty sure the Inquisitor can only convert one per night, but if a misting dies today, he can still convert someone to that role tonight.

Assuming he doesn't want the Lurcher (which I don't see why he wouldn't want it. The Lurcher would be able to Lurch him every night, virtually keeping him protected from anything less than an all-out attack).

To be even more cold, mistings are still more valuable than regular players, so better to kill one of them than a misting. Even a Smoker, traditionally a rather annoying role for Seekers to deal with, has his uses for Team Good.

Guys...? I don't think killing me is a good idea for our side. I'll leave it at that, Peng can confirm why if he trusts you.

That's the thing.

everybody can trust Peng.

Peng can't trust anybody.

Anybody can be messaging him claiming any role they want.

we know that ONE person for a fact is going to do this.

Now Peng has to try and find out who out of like 25 people is lying to him. Anybody can claim a role, and then if we get a chance to prove it, then great. But the Inquisitor has ALL the powers. So he just messages Peng saying he is [X] (making sure it's probably a strong role to ensure being used) and then just uses that said power when asked to prove it.

Repeat: peng having us use our powers confirms NOTHING. Just that the Inquisitor does, in fact, have the power we all already know he has access to.

Edit: Unless a Seeker has confirmed somebody being a Good Guy and told Peng.

then all Peng needs to say is Publicly: "He is one of us"

Savvy?

Double Edit: I've now decided I want to be a Pirate for the next game.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Also Meta: Can the Inquisitor convert and use a power? For that matter, can he use 2 or more powers a night?

We know he can only use one at a time, but I also want to know how many "actions" he has per night. Can he kill people for free, or does that take the place of converting, or maybe is it even a power all it's own?

Also Meta: Can the Inquisitor convert and use a power? For that matter, can he use 2 or more powers a night?

I think it works like: he can always use his "Kill Player" Night time activity. And then I see it as, he has then one possible power to use. OR he can instead convert somebody.

Being able to Kill and Coinshot somebody every night is pretty devastating (unless they're a one time use?), but being able to convert on top of that would be horribly brutal.

Another question: Does the person he convert get a night time action as well? Or do they have to wait til morning? (Ya know, take baby steps, get used to their new spiked-eye vision?)

Edit: I just friggin' KNEW Meta was gonna RAFO on us. :P

Edit 2: Yeah, seems like there is quite a bit of Shamble suspicion. So basically all up to Peng at this point, depending on what he says when he gets on. And yeah, I agree with Herwynbe, since Shamble all but said he has a power that is very useful, if he's not the Inquisitor, he'll be killed tonight for sure. So if his death is all but inevitable, we might as well deprive the Inquisitor from being able to steal his power tonight.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Well, regrettably, despite it only being noon, I must call it a night. I find it very noteworthy that multiple people have voiced suspicions of Shimble. I, too, have suspected him since as early as Day 1. As such, I am changing my vote from "vote nobody" to Shimble. If others decide to vote with me, that is well and good, if not, then my vote will not likely mean much anyway.

OOC: Besides, by Shimble saying "I don't think killing me is a good idea for our side. I'll leave it at that, Peng can confirm why if he trusts you" he has all but guaranteed that the inquisitor will be targeting him tonight anyway. If he's going to die, and he DOES in fact have a power, might as well not give the inquisitor a chance to use it.  :unsure: 

Accusations had started flying. Lucy tried to keep track of who said what as the arguments carried them into the twilight hours. Maybe there would be a clue as to who was the Inquisitor amidst all of them. Shadows were beginning to stretch far and it was getting easier to find a place to observe unnoticed.

Suddenly, the shadows started to pull back. Lucy jumped and looked around to find a darker corner in the new light. It wasn't that she had anything to hide. She just preferred to stay out of other people's sight. It made it less likely that she would be killed. Possibly. She felt so exposed without a cloak of shadow to cover her. Unfortunately, she couldn't find a good place before she felt eyes drilling into her. The Inquisitor was somewhere in the room, and she didn't want to draw its attention to her.

As Lucy looked at the faces around her, she realized, that more than a few pairs of eyes were on her. It was like they wanted something from her. She thought back to the conversations that she had been listening to. They were all voting on who to kill. Right now they were arguing between Wes and Quillion, although several had decided not to vote, and some suspected Shimble. Peng was accusing Wes, although Lucy wasn't really sure why. He was Mistborn, she was pretty sure of that, but that didn't mean he knew what to do any better than the rest of them. Lucy wasn't sure she understood the argument against Quillion at all.

Lucy met Peng's eyes. He didn't have much reason to vote against Wes, but it was important to join together against the Inquisitor. And Peng knew the identities of a coinshot, a lurcher, and a seeker. If he was willing to vote against Wes, it meant that they wouldn't lose someone important, at least. She shoved that thought away. No need to be so cold. Besides, if everyone else voted to a deadlock, that would just give the Inquisitor all the more power to control the vote.

"I vote Wes, for now," she said, barely loud enough to be heard. "I'm sticking with you, Peng." At the last word, she quickly scurried back into a shadow.

@Aonar You left off Windrunner your list of people who haven't voted yet.