Civil war reactions thread (Spoilers)

Voidus

Twi did you stay for end credits clips? One of your issues has been solved already.

I was watching Ultron last night and had forgot that Wakanda had been introduced already.

Watched GotG today again just cause it was on and now I'm watching Ant Man right after that for the 1st time and wishing I hadn't choose to skip it at movies.

It's been a while so I can't really remember the end credits, which issue was solved in them?

Plus the txt after the last credit scene, but him being in the movie alone is because Sony no longer has Spidey rights or Disney wouldn't have been able to use him.

I'm not completely sure about this. I seem to remember hearing that Sony and Disney were sort of sharing the rights so that Spider-Man gets to be part of the MCU but Sony gets to make Spider-Man solo movies...?

On second viewing:

Wandas motivation makes more sense.

Crossbones (?) just disappears....okay. What was the bio weapon thing he stole?

Zemo.....his storyline is missing something. I think it's mostly Marvel Villain Syndrome though.

I saw Starks side more. I'm still team Cap.

And the rest was just as awesome the second time round.

Observation: people jump multiple stories multiple times in this movie, without broken bones or anything. I guess Bucky and Cap are super soldiers, what about T'challa? It's a little ridiculous.

In that scene where cap and Bucky fight their way out of buckys apartment building, one of them throws cinder blocks at the special ops people. There were definitely multiple fatalities in that fight.

And I still don't think Tony Stank is funny........

Crossbones (?) just disappears....okay. What was the bio weapon thing he stole?

Observation: people jump multiple stories multiple times in this movie, without broken bones or anything. I guess Bucky and Cap are super soldiers, what about T'challa? It's a little ridiculous.

In that scene where cap and Bucky fight their way out of buckys apartment building, one of them throws cinder blocks at the special ops people. There were definitely multiple fatalities in that fight.

I'd imagine he died in that explosion and his plans with him, no?

Maybe his suit has some kind of impact absorption or structural enhancements to his body? The movie cerainly doesn't explain it but neither does it the Vision's whole density (or what comic book authors think density means) powers and how that is related to him moving through walls and getting really heavy when Wanda shoves him in the basement, so maybe they just didn't explain that either? (On a side note, does anyone else think he kind of looks like a power ranger? :ph34r: )

Yeah, if this wasn't a superhero action movie then there would be even more deaths than there already are. :unsure:

Edited by Edgedancer

The Black Panther's whole suit is laced with Vibranium, like Cap's shield. If Cap can block a blow from Thor's hammer with his shield and suffer no ill effects, T'Challa can jump a few stories.

Edited by DSC01

T'Challa also has some magical strength I believe, which is why he was outrunning Cap when chasing Bucky, and was as effective as he was in the first fight without his suit. Not sure whether they'll explain that or not, but if they do I'm sure it'll be in his movie.

jW

I'd imagine he died in that explosion and his plans with him, no?

Maybe his suit has some kind of impact absorption or structural enhancements to his body? The movie cerainly doesn't explain it but neither does it the Vision's whole density

It looked like Zemo had the bio weapon in his hotel room that he wouldn't allow the room service lady into.

Yeah you're right I forgot crossbones tried to

Blow himself up.

I just put visions density down to weird mind stone weirdy weirdness.

I think T'Challa's gifts come from the Wakandan Panther worship.

Don't forget; Vision's body is Vibranium also, just synthesised with organic matter in the mix

I'm not really smart enough to tackle the phasing but I'm guessing it is mind stone shenanigans

It looked like Zemo had the bio weapon in his hotel room that he wouldn't allow the room service lady into.

Yeah you're right I forgot crossbones tried to

Blow himself up.

I just put visions density down to weird mind stone weirdy weirdness.

The device in Zemo's hotel room was the EMP bomb that caused the blackout when he was activating Bucky.

The device in Zemo's hotel room was the EMP bomb that caused the blackout when he was activating Bucky.

Oh right! Thanks.

That was so convoluted.

And at the end Zemo deleted the message of his wife's voice he kept listening to? Why??

Edited by Delightful

Oh right! Thanks.

That was so convoluted.

And at the end Zemo deleted the message of his wife's voice he kept listening to? Why??

He had been deleting them as he went through the movie.  It was like a countdown.  He intended to die at the end.

I think T'Challa's gifts come from the Wakandan Panther worship.

From what I've read (warning: dumb comic lore ahead), there's a plant in Wakanda that grants these powers.  It's poisonous to anyone else, but T'Challa's family line have an inherited immunity to the poison.

Edited by ThirdGen

From what I've read (warning: dumb comic lore ahead), there's a plant in Wakanda that grants these powers.  It's poisonous to anyone else, but T'Challa's family line have an inherited immunity to the poison.

Unless you're Reginald Hudlin. In which case, Panther Powers comes from winning a wrestling match. 

Also, my personal trainer saw Civil War. His reaction?

"Not overly impressed".

I'm meeting him today, so! Any comments ya'all want me to pass along? : P