Odium on Scadrial?

HoidGoodfellow

In the "Wax and Wayne" series, Trell has been mentioned a few times. In "The Bands of Mourning" after Wax  "dies" and is speaking to Harmony, he sees a red mist around Scadrial. Harmony says he is holding it back. Does anyone else think that is Odium? I know he is trapped in the Roshar solar system, but how long after "The Stormlight Archive" is the "Wax and Wayne" series. Just a thought.

Personally I'm kind of against it being Odium from a meta point of view- It would be a pretty big letdown to not find out what the force is in the Lost Metal book, and if it was Odium that would spoil that he gets out of Braize, which would likely be a major point in a upcoming Stormlight book.

Then again maybe I'm over thinking it and we won't even get to know what the force is until the next trilogy, if ever.

Actually, didn't he say that he had to wait for Stormlight 5 to be done before the next Mistborn trilogy? *puts on aluminum foil hat*

I'm fairly sure that Trell is a separate shard. I think Hoid mentions him somewhere but I don't remember where...

Are you thinking of Bavadin and Autonomy? I don't think we've heard anything about someone named Trell or what the intent of his shard is outside of the speculation inside the Mistborn books.

Some people are pretty convinced that Trell is Autonomy though, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

there are some reason to think trell=Autonomy... but the problem is "the characters may be wrong"... Marasi's researchs find "Trell" but we can't be sure that she and other characters are simply wrong, or the "outsider shard's force" is trying to push the suspects somewhere else.

I mean, Trell was a real religious figure in the past, and people are suddenly worshipping him again for seemingly completely different reasons from before. And there's a "new" (to Scadrial at least if not for all books) force here seemingly involved with those people. But there's no way to know for sure if the new force is Trell, if he's just borrowing a name to be more convincing, or if Trell ever existed before to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a Trell is the mysterious Survival Shard.

It kinda makes sense. Trell is more or less attacking Scadrial, which is the home of Harmony, which is, by power alone, the most dangerous being to any one Shard.

But in other ways, attacking the most powerful being in the Cosmere makes no sense at all...

You know, The Lost Metal will appear after Oarthbringer. So while I'm not very convinced, it is possible that Oathbringer will end with Odium being free to roam the galaxy, and book 5 will end with something entirely worse.  :ph34r:

I really wanna find out when modern Mistborn will take place since Era 2 took its spot.

The original Eras 2 and 3 became Eras 3 and 4 respectively when the Wax and Wayne books became Era 2. It's just a numbering thing.

I'm confused what you mean by this?

Modern Mistborn was gonna take place in between the SA5 and SA6 timeskip but now the Wax/Wayne books take place during that time.

Hence, I wonder where the modern series will occur now in the chronology.

Modern Mistborn was gonna take place in between the SA5 and SA6 timeskip but now the Wax/Wayne books take place during that time.

Hence, I wonder where the modern series will occur now in the chronology.

As far as I can remember It was always Brandon's plan to write what is now known as Era 3 during the break between Stormlight 5 and 6, but I don't recall anything saying that that is where it was going to fall chronologically in-world.

As far as I can remember It was always Brandon's plan to write what is now known as Era 3 during the break between Stormlight 5 and 6, but I don't recall anything saying that that is where it was going to fall chronologically in-world.

Well, trying not to repeat myself but as far as I remember, the modern books were going to take place chronologically during that mid-Stormlight gap. But now the Alloy books take place during that gap so I wonder when the modern books will take place.

There was some WoB that said he had to move events up a bit due to writing the Alloy books but that it was also a good thing and he was fine with it. I don't have the WoB obviously or I'd link it.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. After all, the W&W books weren't planned initially, and the stuff happening in them is fairly important to the whole cosmere. That probably means some of it was meant to be revealed in the modern era. Not only worldbuilding, but plot as well.

Vin was able to hurt Ruin, though. I assumed that Sazed would have been able to hurt him too, given that he was able to take control of both Ruin and Preservation's power. Would this not mean that Sazed has at least a theoretical chance of hurting Odium in some way?

Regardless of that, I'm also wondering how Odium can even affect the world if Harmony is truly so much more powerful. What if Odium is just a naturally more powerful Shard, or what if it absorbed power from the other Shards it has killed and splintered?

Edited by Varangian