Ages (If you are comfortable)

I have existed for aeons, I have been present for the births and deaths of universes, I have watched a star for its entire life, I have seen civilizations rise and fall and I will exist for long after this world is gone.

Or 22, if you just count this body.

Whew, was starting to think I'd be the oldest.

jW

Nope - I've got you both beat! I'm seven months older than Brandon himself (which means I have more reason than the rest of you to be glad he's so prolific as I have at least a small chance of not having died of old age before he finishes all his Cosmere works!) So I'm 40  and I'll be 41 in a couple of months.

I absolutely don't mind being this age - I think I was born with an old soul and I feel like my body is catching up with my head right around now!

Let's see.  I was born in '82.  So, carry the one.  Add the three.  Move the decimal to the left three places.  Multiply by pie.  Multiply the pies.  Eat the pies.  I'm sorry, forgot where I was at.  

Fun fact about me, though!  When I am ~73, I invent (steal?) a working time machine.  At some point, I find my younger (28) self walking along the street in downtown Seattle while somewhat drunk.  I punch my younger self in the face, and then skip off laughing maniacally.

*sigh*

I turned 36 last month. It sounds old even if I don't feel particularly old, but it is strange to see so many co-workers who are a decade younger than me... It used to be the opposite. Or to have all my references being dated from a time where my co-workers weren't even born....  :ph34r:

And I also naively thought you didn't ask yourself questions once you reached a certain age.... Boy was I wrong about this. I never stops. It just never ever stops. The questions are different, but they are still there.

I keep thinking it is the end, youth is nearing to an end as if somehow there was no life to be had once you pass 40... At what age are you old?

At what age are you old?

Paraphrase of popular saying tells me that after 25 you need to Compound atium to stay young.

But I'm turning 21 this year and I kind of feel weird with the thought that I'm supposed to be working in 2 or 4 years. I'm I starting to be an adult?

Paraphrase of popular saying tells me that after 25 you need to Compound atium to stay young.

But I'm turning 21 this year and I kind of feel weird with the thought that I'm supposed to be working in 2 or 4 years. I'm I starting to be an adult?

Adulthood is not something which happens abruptly on one day... Unknowingly to you, it perniciously (and very slowly) invades your every day life up until you are faced with the grim reality: you have become on of them.

It usually happens in the most insignificant moment of all, for instance, while you are buying vegetables at the grocery store. It hits you in the face: you have moved into adulthood.

Then it becomes more and more obvious until you realize you talk like an adult, you think like an adult, you live like an adult. It gets even worst when you have baby... For women, this is true rite of passage: the second your first pregnancy becomes visible you suddenly realize all of those people who never looked twice at you suddenly ogling. Old ladies give you a nod of approbation: you are now one of them, either you want it or not.  

Once you are a parent, you start to see everything from the parental eye. You have moved into the other world and somehow a lot of those little things older people told you which grated you or you thought were downright stupid starts to make sense.

The worst is when you realize your parents were right about a great deal lot of things. Doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to a lot of people. 

I've said my reading speed. It's about 6 pages a minute. Challenge me if you can. I say this no matter who brings it up. It is my duty.

I shall have to time myself. I read really fast, but I have no idea how it would compare (Lord of the Rings took part of a weekend).

jW

I've said my reading speed. It's about 6 pages a minute. Challenge me if you can. I say this no matter who brings it up. It is my duty.

Your reading speed it's pretty amazing. I think if I try to read nearly that fast I would forget all the little detailes and I'll probably be confused about things that I read.

Wow, looks like I'm the old guy at 38.  :-p

Tied!  I am also 38. :)

Whew, was starting to think I'd be the oldest.

jW

Nope!

All the ages of eternity.

Or 23. I always forget which.

Then tell us, O Voidus, why does your profile say that you're 63? :P

Nope - I've got you both beat! I'm seven months older than Brandon himself (which means I have more reason than the rest of you to be glad he's so prolific as I have at least a small chance of not having died of old age before he finishes all his Cosmere works!) So I'm 40  and I'll be 41 in a couple of months.

I absolutely don't mind being this age - I think I was born with an old soul and I feel like my body is catching up with my head right around now!

Ahh!  I knew there had to be someone around here older than me.