Ages (If you are comfortable)

Tied!  I am also 38. :)

Nope!

Then tell us, O Voidus, why does your profile say that you're 63? :P

Ahh!  I knew there had to be someone around here older than me.

I'm 63 on the inside, the day I fix my cane I'll be waggling it at young whippersnappers on my lawn. :P

I soon satisfy Leras' rule of sixteen in a year and a half. Woah.... that's really grown up for me. I still get a feeling I'm 12 years old.

And, 6 pages per minute? That's very fast! 10 seconds per page! I myself read somewhere around 2 pages per minute... slowly.... very slowly....

I soon satisfy Leras' rule of sixteen in a year and a half. Woah.... that's really grown up for me. I still get a feeling I'm 12 years old.

And, 6 pages per minute? That's very fast! 10 seconds per page! I myself read somewhere around 2 pages per minute... slowly.... very slowly....

It's not too hard if you know the tricks to it, when you get particularly good you read two pages at once. 10 seconds a page is pretty good as speed readers go but some people practice it to just insane levels.

But slower is usually better, I only ever speed read if I'm skimming through an article or reference in search of something in particular.

I am 14 turning 15, I'm in Year 9 and people think I'm 18

I suspect it's the wispy beard and the moustache

what were you reading? Zac Power?

I... don't understand what you mean.

Most people think I'm older too... but my reason is I stand half a foot above everyone other than my dad and history teacher.

I... am the youngest of all... I also read faster than all of you...

If you ever decide to do a Literature degree you will bless those skills!

In the second year of my English degree, I had to read a (very dense and difficult) chapter of my Literary Theory text book, a triple decker Victorian novel (often a Dickens or a Bronte), an entire Shakespeare play, some eighteenth century poetry and the required reading for my History of Popular Culture minor every week of term. That was without the additional literary criticism for my essays and dissertation. I could always read fast (not as fast as you!) but I certainly improved THAT year. These days, I'm old and tired with three children - I still read quickly but I have to fit it into such small chunks of time!

I'm 17, and I used to think I am among the youngest here. Then I read that someone here is 14. I really didn't expect that.

Heh. The thing is, when I joined I was 13. And I think I was about 11 when I first picked up a copy of Mistborn. 

Edited by The Honor Spren

I seem to recall there is someone on the board who is currently 12... I've met her in person, though, and she looks more mature than that.

That was me. But I only look like mature 12, in fact I am 21, but no one ever believes me. It's not my fault I am immortal. :(

Obviously it's a joke... or is it? xD

That was me. But I only look like mature 12, in fact I am 21, but no one ever believes me. It's not my fault I am immortal. :(

Obviously it's a joke... or is it? xD

I had someone else specific in mind. I'm pretty sure I've never met you in person.

It is weird to think that you are speaking to a 12 year old or a 82 year old when you cannot see them face to face. Personally I try to avoid all 12 year olds as their generation has.....been screwed over. And I wouldn't exactly go to a random old guy and talk to them.

I avoid talking to everyone face-to-face. I could pretend it's because I don't want to discriminate but it's mostly just that social interactions terrify me. :P

It is weird to think that you are speaking to a 12 year old or a 82 year old when you cannot see them face to face. Personally I try to avoid all 12 year olds as their generation has.....been screwed over. And I wouldn't exactly go to a random old guy and talk to them.

Why are you saying such a thing about the young generation? It seems to me as if each generation has something to bring in. Each is different, but when you look at them through macroscopic googles, you noticed the same theme come and goes. They once said the generation Y was a massive screw up and the work place feared them  :rolleyes: Generation Y turned out being the breath of fresh air the work place needed. Seriously.

I personally like talking to younger people. I talk to a lot of older people at work, I interfaced a lot with the generation right under mine because these also are my co-workers, but I don't get the chance to talk to younger people much. 

The great thing about a forum is it enables all to talk freely and each is treated as an adult whether they are or not.