Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

It doesn't. It has previously been stated that his portals don't work on other epics, they just act like a forcefield. They could even be broken with enough force.

Which was the first situation I talked about. I suppose you could call it only a preference but I'm not fond of how his powers act vastly different, depending on who they interact with. To me it just sticks out as something there as a fix.

Okay. Poof, powers have been modified. No more mooks.

Well, I'm planning on teaming up with a portal epic. :ph34r:;):D So, hopefully that won't be much of a problem.

Appreciated.

Ah yes, that would solve the problem of travel. Although, if you're talking about the portal Epic I think you're talking about, wouldn't the limited numbers of his portals greatly hinder his use outisde of travel, given that he would need to keep those open permanently?

Ah yes, that would solve the problem of travel. Although, if you're talking about the portal Epic I think you're talking about, wouldn't the limited numbers of his portals greatly hinder his use outisde of travel, given that he would need to keep those open permanently?

I'm planning on him having an underground base somewhere in the region. I don't know exactly how the limited numbers of portals would affect Falchion's ability to help. I imagine that having two or three portals to the base allowing people to teleport in or out unobtrusively wouldn't limit Falchion's combat abilities at all.

I'm not sure about this cloning Epic. His powers sound basically the same as Mitosis', who was, after all, stated as having a unique power.

Yeah was going to mention this, we already have a few variants on it too, it's not as common as teleporting inexplicably is in Oregon but I still would rather we branched out a bit more in the powers department.

I think it might be a good idea to do a formal writeup of some good ideas behind why adopting an Epic or creating a human character is a good option, with a list of currently adoptable characters. Whoever creates it could then post it on the subforum, and senior members could henceforth direct newcomers to it. Making the option very visible for newcomers will probably stem the flow of new plotlines and characters. And if the newcomer leaves, suddenly... Well, then the character is adoptable once again, and we're no worse off than before they joined.

Twi/Edge/Voidus/Kobold, do you have any thoughts on this?

I have lots of Epics that could be adopted. I'm in.

I think it might be a good idea to do a formal writeup of some good ideas behind why adopting an Epic or creating a human character is a good option, with a list of currently adoptable characters. Whoever creates it could then post it on the subforum, and senior members could henceforth direct newcomers to it. Making the option very visible for newcomers will probably stem the flow of new plotlines and characters. And if the newcomer leaves, suddenly... Well, then the character is adoptable once again, and we're no worse off than before they joined.

Sounds good to me, maybe a post in the rule/etiquette topic too.

I have lots of Epics that could be adopted. I'm in.

To clarify, I think what's being discussed is adopting Epics that are already in the game, not adopting Epics created by others that they don't want to use.

I'm considering dropping out of Astoria, since I'll have to drop out entirely when I leave on a mission in the summer and I should wean myself out. So if anyone is considering adopting any of the Destructors or any of the miscellaneous Thoughttown Epics, let me know.

I'm considering dropping out of Astoria, since I'll have to drop out entirely when I leave on a mission in the summer and I should wean myself out. So if anyone is considering adopting any of the Destructors or any of the miscellaneous Thoughttown Epics, let me know.

I may also have to do this. 

I'm not sure about this cloning Epic. His powers sound basically the same as Mitosis', who was, after all, stated as having a unique power.

I intentionally tried to make this epic's power different from that of mitosis. Mitosis

can split into identical forms that grow weaker the more there are, but can still think specific to their situation.

My epic can create clones, but those clones don't have his powers, can't think independently or originally, and don't transmit experiences as a hive mind. They're more like robots than clones.

I'm planning on him having an underground base somewhere in the region. I don't know exactly how the limited numbers of portals would affect Falchion's ability to help. I imagine that having two or three portals to the base allowing people to teleport in or out unobtrusively wouldn't limit Falchion's combat abilities at all.

To use his abilities for travel, he also would have to leave open a portal close to every city he wants them to travel to as well as the connected portal in the base, because the clones wouldn't be able to tell him when to connect the things. Meaning two portals for every location, cutting out 20% of his maximum each time. Then of course there's the open portals right into his base, which can't be extremly hard to get to, because again the clones don't the mental capacity to do much hiding or password entering.

Yeah, that as well. I didn't want to be the guy to mention it for once but yeah, that's also a factor.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Time to go through the archives then. :ph34r:

:(

aww :(

well, I can take the Destructors if you like?

Which was the first situation I talked about. I suppose you could call it only a preference but I'm not fond of how his powers act vastly different, depending on who they interact with. To me it just sticks out as something there as a fix.

It basically is a fix, because being able to suck epics into an alternate dimension is balanced... how? So the portals don't work on epics, that's decided. But epics can't totally ignore them, as that basically makes his defenses useless against most epics. And so somebody had brought up the idea of them acting as forcefields in certain situations, so I figured this was a good was to do it. Got any other way that this could work?

so someone like Steelheart could break his forcefields? That's interesting

Yeah, if he actually punched it, but he tried to use wind or an energy bolt, those would get absorbed.

It basically is a fix, because being able to suck epics into an alternate dimension is balanced... how? So the portals don't work on epics, that's decided. But epics can't totally ignore them, as that basically makes his defenses useless against most epics. And so somebody had brought up the idea of them acting as forcefields in certain situations, so I figured this was a good was to do it. Got any other way that this could work?

Yeah, if he actually punched it, but he tried to use wind or an energy bolt, those would get absorbed.

Portaling objects him or just making his defenses into plain forcefields have both been mentioned and act the same for all situations.

What if an epic used a club or another kind of weapon?

Portaling objects him or just making his defenses into plain forcefields have both been mentioned and act the same for all situations.

What if an epic used a club or another kind of weapon?

I wanted to keep his defense portally, as prof's whole forcefield defense thing had already been done, but pure portals was way too OP.

If the epic used a weapon, the weapon would be absorbed by the portal, (If he stabbed with a sword, the part of the sword that would have hit him would end up in the portal, but it could be pulled out just fine afterwards.) but if the epics fist, while holding a weapon, would continue, it would stop as soon as it hit the portal. So it's not that the portal turns into a forcefield, it's that the portal acts like a forcefield to epics.

I may also have to do this