Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Then let's look at it in combination of him not being able to affect objects larger than the portal. For example let's say we have a big cube that's larger than a portal he can make but we can fit a corner of the cube into the portal. Now we push the cube until it gets larger that the portal. What happens? Does it get stuck or does the portal not work on it in general, because the object still counts as "too large" from the get go?

Also, can he close a portal while something is moving through it?

I think it makes sense that the corner could go through, and the corners would get stuck. It's not what I had in mind at first, but it's simplest and most realistic.

I think that he could close a portal while something is moving through it. Not sure if it would cut the object in half though, or if the object would be pushed out as the portal closed. I think it being cut in half makes the most sense.

I think it makes sense that the corner could go through, and the corners would get stuck. It's not what I had in mind at first, but it's simplest and most realistic.

I think that he could close a portal while something is moving through it. Not sure if it would cut the object in half though, or if the object would be pushed out as the portal closed. I think it being cut in half makes the most sense.

So something can get stuck on them then. So what if the cube falls on it with its larger side, would the portal essentially act as a forcefield and suspend it in the air?

Meaning he could cut appart pretty much everything he can see, as long as it doesn't stand perfectly still?

Edited by Edgedancer

that makes it a rather deadly epic. more than usual.

So something can get stuck on them then. So what if the cube falls on it with its larger side, would the portal essentially act as a forcefield and suspend it in the air?

Meaning he could cut apart pretty much everything he can see, as long as it doesn't stand perfectly still?

that makes it a rather deadly epic. more than usual.

Potentially. I mostly have the limit so that he couldn't use portals to throw giant objects.

Remember that his portals don't affect other epics at all, so he couldn't teleport them or slice them, he could only slice normal people or objects, and many other epics can kill people at will just as easily.

Potentially. I mostly have the limit so that he couldn't use portals to throw giant objects.

Remember that his portals don't affect other epics at all, so he couldn't teleport them or slice them, he could only slice normal people or objects, and many other epics can kill people at will just as easily.

can the effect epic powers?

say Antimatter fires one of his energy blasts, could that be sent through a portal?

Edited by warriormark16

can the effect epic powers?

say Antimatter fires one of his energy blasts, could that be sent through a portal?

I would say yes, as it's not affecting the epics, and they can teleport energy. I do think that his defense portals can affect epics though, because otherwise, an epic punches him, and he dies. Either that, or the portals still appear to defend, and they just act rock solid.

I would say yes, as it's not affecting the epics, and they can teleport energy. I do think that his defense portals can affect epics though, because otherwise, an epic punches him, and he dies. Either that, or the portals still appear to defend, and they just act rock solid.

seems legit. that could be used in a really good team up. in a "you aim and i'll throw the nuke"

sort of way.

I once created an epic called jim, who hated how epics would change their name to something dramtic when he could kill all of them as a guy named jim.

his power was to throw kiloton footballs. needless to say this played out in my mind until he killed himself with a nuke football. then I decided: not the best power...

So is Falchion OKayed, or are there still details that have to be figured out. For now, I'll wait to join a city, even if he is ready, as I want to wait until my brother gets an epic prepped, so that we can go to the same city and team up.

Does the defensive power also hold to the 10 portal limit?

Can fachion set up a portal for his defensive portals to link to? Or is it random portals around the place?

They are mostly random, but they are in a way that they release whatever it was a long ways away, so they won't come back and attack the attacker, or anything nearby. I'm thinking they either direct it to the sky or to the core of the earth, to make sure that they won't hurt anybody. I want it to be a defense, not a counterattack.

Yep. They close VERY fast. Lightspeed?

Edit: Or I guess just strand whatever it was in the cold dark heart of space. That's probably an easier alternative. But that would lead to a vacuum. Hmmm... I don't want them to fall down and hurt someone though. Do we want to say that the defense portals link to an alternate dimension? "The Void" or something? Don't fall into a defense portal.

Edited by Bridge Boy

Yep. They close VERY fast. Lightspeed?

Edit: Or I guess just strand whatever it was in the cold dark heart of space. That's probably an easier alternative. But that would lead to a vacuum. Hmmm... I don't want them to fall down and hurt someone though. Do we want to say that the defense portals link to an alternate dimension? "The Void" or something? Don't fall into a defense portal.

Then what happens to someone's fist if they punch him or worse yet just body check him?

Then what happens to someone's fist if they punch him or worse yet just body check him?

A shlurping sound and no more body checker...

Edit: Haha, just kidding. The defense portals just act like unbreakable, immovable, walls to any other humans. Animals get shlurped though.

Edited by Bridge Boy

A shlurping sound and no more body checker...

Edit: Haha, just kidding. The defense portals just act like unbreakable, immovable, walls to any other humans. Animals get shlurped though.

Maybe you should think about making his defensive power just plain forcfields entirely?

What's the point of portals if they get rid of the stuff?

Only the defensive portals that grant him his high epic status do this. His normal portals are different. I wanted to have his defense be linked to the portals, but I don't want them to have any attack capability, even accidental attack capability. Thus "The Void."

Edit: They could be plain forcefields, and that would be fine, but I wanted them to be linked to his power, not an entirely separate one, as well as the thought of the attack being redirected, not just blocked.

Edited by Bridge Boy

I'd recommend using the sky rather than the center of the earth, it's either a solid (In which case nothing could enter the portal) or a liquid of very high temperature and pressure which would also stop most things from entering the portal and also gush out magma.

Sky seems like an easier solution.

I'd recommend using the sky rather than the center of the earth, it's either a solid (In which case nothing could enter the portal) or a liquid of very high temperature and pressure which would also stop most things from entering the portal and also gush out magma.

Sky seems like an easier solution.

But I don't want it to drop on anybody. Oh, I could have it redirect it upwards while being high in the sky. With luck, it'll make orbit!