Question 18

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

What could be a fun vanilla (if at all possible) is just an information broker. Gives you plenty of chances to talk to other RPers and also still have some effect on what goes on, though the vanilla might get killed by an annoyed Epic if they don't get all the info.

Indeed, in fact there is already one named Gordon in the Portland thread

At present I'm thinking a guard in Thoughttown (Since I may be abandoning Strongsteel, he came along a bit late to fit into any plot I think), a Vanilla leader in the Dalles city guard (The one who just gave Scribbler her orders), maybe one of toymakers creations? (Not exactly a Vanilla but certainly interesting) and a bunch of random crazy people. Because I like writing crazy people.

I'm sure we could find something for Strongsteel, if you really want to. Although go all ahead with that Toughttown one.We still need recruits for the Voidgaze fan club. :ph34r::P

I still have Sightline. I just haven't had an opportunity to use him yet. :(

I guess we really need some kind of mission objective for the Thoughttown characters. Mailliw, any orders from from Altermind? :ph34r:

Also is anyone interested in joining the Wastelands? Due to so many players dropping out it kind of died on us, Blackhoof is keeping it alive all by his lonesome at the moment. :(

I'm thinking about it. I've just have been somewhat indisposed last week between work and sickness but I'll come back to you, if inspiration hits me this week... then again Calamity will probably be a good dose of inspiration, so ask me again after it came out. :ph34r:

And a long one, too. With the intimate understanding of Cognitive physics we've received from this book, he should be exempt from Cosmere questions for at least 6 months.

So we ask questions about Calamity for now?

For you guys. Sprinkle liberally with salt and consume with relish.

I wouldn't mind,(Though I feel the general consensus goes some thing like this:

Warriormark: I have a new epic!

everyone else: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!focus on your old ones!

Warriormark: But I have so many good character ideas! :( 

voidus: I still have more than you.)

:D 

Edited by warriormark16

Wait, what happened? Everyone was so gung-ho for it!

Multiple people left in succession which kind of stalled all the plot momentum then there were the holidays.

I wouldn't mind,(Though I feel the general consensus goes some thing like this:

Warriormark: I have a new epic!

everyone else: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!focus on your old ones!

Warriormark: But I have so many good character ideas! :( 

voidus: I still have more than you.)

:D 

Wastelands is pretty separate from the rest of the RP so as long as you think you can get posts for your character up fairly regularly I'd say it should be fine. Plus you can potentially have a whole city to fill with awesome Epic ideas.  :ph34r: 

PS: I still have more than you. :P

So I almost did this last year, but stuff happened, and yeah. So I was never able to actually do it. But now it's time for me to rejoin the... living? Half-dead? Ponies?!?

Anywho, I have an epic idea, about an epic who can create space-bending portals of size ranging from infinitely small to person-sized. Can be various shapes as well but mostly ranging from circle to oval. He can have these appear anywhere in his sight, have up to 10 sets, and dismiss them at will. He can also hook up new portals to an old one. They don't fade away or anything like that. His portals retain momentum. (of course) Qualifies as a high epic due to his portals automatically appearing around his body to redirect attacks/bullets. He carries around about a dozen swords of different shapes and sizes, and uses his portals in close combat. (i.e. stab a sword forward, making a portal connecting the stab zone to behind an enemies back for an instakill.) He can use them in actual combat though, even without the portals.

Male. 20 yo. Been an epic for two years. Likes swords and surprise attacks. His conversations tend to be quite random. Epic name is Falchion. Real name of Dirk Alder. Was trained harshly in swordsmanship as a child, being beaten or shallowly sliced with a sword if he lost/failed. One time, he almost died due to bloodloss. His epic weakness is swords or knives, and the portals won't activate to defend from them, but he is skilled enough to keep most away from him, as well as using swords against a sword-wielding epic not making much sense.

Anything I need to change with him, and what city would be best?

P.S. That pun was completely unintentional. Forgive me.

So I almost did this last year, but stuff happened, and yeah. So I was never able to actually do it. But now it's time for me to rejoin the... living? Half-dead? Ponies?!?

Anywho, I have an epic idea, about an epic who can create space-bending portals of size ranging from infinitely small to person-sized. Can be various shapes as well but mostly ranging from circle to oval. He can have these appear anywhere in his sight, have up to 10 sets, and dismiss them at will. He can also hook up new portals to an old one. They don't fade away or anything like that. His portals retain momentum. (of course) Qualifies as a high epic due to his portals automatically appearing around his body to redirect attacks/bullets. He carries around about a dozen swords of different shapes and sizes, and uses his portals in close combat. (i.e. stab a sword forward, making a portal connecting the stab zone to behind an enemies back for an instakill.) He can use them in actual combat though, even without the portals.

Male. 20 yo. Been an epic for two years. Likes swords and surprise attacks. His conversations tend to be quite random. Epic name is Falchion. Real name of Dirk Alder. Was trained harshly in swordsmanship as a child, being beaten or shallowly sliced with a sword if he lost/failed. One time, he almost died due to bloodloss. His epic weakness is swords or knives, and the portals won't activate to defend from them, but he is skilled enough to keep most away from him, as well as using swords against a sword-wielding epic not making much sense.

bold: his weakness is swords/knives, but he is a swordsman? I don't quite think that works. He is literally holding the thing that trigger his fear. He is carrying his weakness around with him at all times. That is not a thing that an Epic would really do, ever. 

My suggestion, since his sword-wielding is awesome and all, just change his weakness.

Its funny how similar this Epic is to one of my Wastelands Epics- Warplock. Great minds think alike, eh? :D 

As to the location, I'm not sure. He sounds tough enough to survive in Astoria, and thus any other city. 

What all can the portals do? Just redirect moving objects, like in Portal, or are they capable of more? 

bold: his weakness is swords/knives, but he is a swordsman? I don't quite think that works. He is literally holding the thing that trigger his fear. He is carrying his weakness around with him at all times. That is not a thing that an Epic would really do, ever. 

My suggestion, since his sword-wielding is awesome and all, just change his weakness.

Its funny how similar this Epic is to one of my Wastelands Epics- Warplock. Great minds think alike, eh? :D

As to the location, I'm not sure. He sounds tough enough to survive in Astoria, and thus any other city. 

Yeah maybe just knives? That way he can rationalize that a sword is different enough to not spend every minute of every fight absolutely petrified.

In other news my ability to view hidden topics has led me to having the end of Calamity spoiled for me.  <_<

Anyone have some characters I can kill to vent my rage?

Yeah maybe just knives? That way he can rationalize that a sword is different enough to not spend every minute of every fight absolutely petrified.

In other news my ability to view hidden topics has led me to having the end of Calamity spoiled for me.  <_<

Anyone have some characters I can kill to vent my rage?

No way. :blink: 

You can always write a nice WHOOC where Quota explores his career options as a punching bag. 

No way. :blink:

You can always write a nice WHOOC where Quota explores his career options as a punching bag. 

Yeah another mod hid it for obvious reasons and I'm still new to this whole mod thing so I thought I'd see why, it wasn't the whole ending thankfully just one thing but regardless.  :angry:

I may do just that. In fact I just got a rather good idea for a WHOOC so I will hopefully get something up tonight.

Yeah another mod hid it for obvious reasons and I'm still new to this whole mod thing so I thought I'd see why, it wasn't the whole ending thankfully just one thing but regardless.  :angry:

I may do just that. In fact I just got a rather good idea for a WHOOC so I will hopefully get something up tonight.

An ARC reader, I presume? <_< Great Noodly One, I know it's not their fault they get all the goodies, but I can't help hating them a little. 

Lovely. :ph34r: 

An ARC reader, I presume? <_< Great Noodly One, I know it's not their fault they get all the goodies, but I can't help hating them a little. 

Lovely. :ph34r:

I don't think so, I assume those know better, just some bookstore or library that got an early shipment probably.