64 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Team Cap
    • Team Iron Man
    • Undecided
    • Whoever wins
    • Spidey!
    • Whichever side has a Hulk.

Remember that Civil War takes place at the same time as Ragnarok. 

The big theory right now is that Hulk either gets off planet himself or convinces someone else so that he's not around people he can hurt, at least not easily. 

Tony stark is 60+? I thought he was late forties.

(No cap pun intended)

I meant that Cap and Bucky had been 'sleeping' for 60+ years, but did not express that thought well!

(p.s. RDJ is 50)

Edited by Robinski

He gets gassed and sent into deep space by Mr. Fantastic, and his ships then gets towed into a naked singularity, transporting him to an alternate dimension where he conquers the world and launches all out war against Earth and...

Wait. The movies? Not Planet Hulk and World War Hulk? Oh, um ... he's hiding?

Thor ... yeah, well is the comics there was Ragnarok going on (times two!), but considering that Ragnarok (the movie) looks like it will be based off of Fear Itself ...

It hurts to be a comic book fan now.

The trailers make it seem like such a huge movie, and we haven't even seen the main villain yet. (Baron Zemo, for anyone who's wondering) Adding Hulk and Thor would just add a wrench into everything. 

Edited by Onceler

I love that quote so, so much. It's probably my favorite movie trailer ever because of that.

(Though to be a stickler, the quote is "Sorry Tony, but he's my friend." "So was I")

I was.....paraphrasing

Anyway. What do you guys think of the new spiderman?

Personally, I think Marvel did a good job seeing as he is more akin to the comics now. A nerd like yours truly. The costume is a big improvement as well, cos it looks more 'homemade'. However, I didn't like the way he acted during the trailer. I expected him to be pissing his pants in excitement and crack a couple of jokes while he was at it seeing as meeting Cap in person would have been a 'wow' moment, like meeting Sanderson in person would be for me. Instead, he was cool.

"Hey guys"

(we're all friends here right? It's not like I stole Cap's shield and webbed his hands)

I thought it sounded almost like a nervous quip. "Hey everyone, sorry Cap, I'm just doing what Tony asked, I can't believe I'm meeting all you real heroes!" Hard to say from the one quick line of course.

I love the lens effect on the eyes too. I hope that was his own addition, rather than some Stark tech.

jW

The trailers make it seem like such a huge movie, and we haven't even seen the main villain yet. (Baron Zemo, for anyone who's wondering) Adding Hulk and Thor would just add a wrench into everything. 

It is the longest marvel movie to date. And has more heroes in it than any other movie.

It is literally more of an avengers movie than the Avengers movies.

I can buy him being nervous. I think the eye shuttering thing doesn't help, since it looks more like he's glaring...

...But the moment is so, unbelievably meta that I don't think it's worth judging anything from. It's addressed to the fans; whether it also happens to be a line he drops to Team Cap in the process is a whole other issue. 

It could also be one of those weird moments where a line in the trailer is different to the line in the actual movie.

Also, Black Widow. In the Spidey clip she standing with Cap, but in pretty sure in a group shot she's with Iron Man. She doesn't seem the kind to easily switch allegiances (anymore). Plus, she's not superpowered but she IS an AVENGER, so do these rules apply to her anyway?

Edited by Delightful

I thought it sounded almost like a nervous quip. "Hey everyone, sorry Cap, I'm just doing what Tony asked, I can't believe I'm meeting all you real heroes!" Hard to say from the one quick line of course.

I love the lens effect on the eyes too. I hope that was his own addition, rather than some Stark tech.

jW

reminds me of deadpool's eyes

It could also be one of those weird moments where a line in the trailer is different to the line in the actual movie.

Also, Black Widow. In the Spidey clip she standing with Cap, but in pretty sure in a group shot she's with Iron Man. She doesn't seem the kind to easily switch allegiances (anymore). Plus, she's not superpowered but she IS an AVENGER, so do these rules apply to her anyway?

Tony doesn't have superpowers either.

He just a guy in a suit

And neither is Thor

He is a GOD

I was beginning to suspect that might not be the line they use too, or that that line may be used elsewhere and a different line is used there (after all, his mouth is completely hidden, so it's not like we can tell that's what he was saying).

I can't quite tell what Black Widow's side is either.  She was telling Cap not to get involved, and it was implied she'd arrest him (or worse) if he tried to protect Bucky, but then she's standing with him there.  She could switch, just maybe not easily, I guess.

jW

Possibly she could be on Team Cap there, come up behind to corner him or something.

And I was thinking Spidey like Deadpool has a covered mouth so lines are easily swapped.

For some reason in the Frozen trailer Anna says "Dont throw snow people" instead of "dont throw people". I have no idea what that change was about.

• 2 weeks later...

I never read the comics, but I wanted to share this tidbit I just learned from Wikipedia:

At the end of Civil War in the comics, Tony Stark becomes the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.  :blink:

Spoilered, in case you don't want to hear it.

That's so weird. Stark in the movies doesn't seem responsible enough to hold that position. For that reason and because of what's going on in Agents of SHIELD right now, I don't think they'll go that direction in the film version.

I doubt they'll do that. the flow is that movie stuff crosses over/is referenced in the shows, but show stuff doesn't flow back into the movies. The guys doing Civil War didn't even realize the global terragenesis conflict was being done on AoS until recently.