1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Team Cap
    • Team Iron Man
    • Undecided
    • Whoever wins
    • Spidey!
    • Whichever side has a Hulk.

*Makes incomprehensible gurgling noises of excitement*

My exact reaction. And then I got "hey Delightful what's up, you look super happy today".

I didn't notice they were passing the shield between them. Bucky!!!!

Interesting that Cap isn't on the side of the law and Iron Man is.

Also no Thor and no Spider Man (yet?).

Edited by Delightful

I think they've developed it very well to lead Cap away from being a military 'Yes' man, and how Stark went from being the ultimate rebel to actually toeing the line.

I don't think Thor is in this one, although I am hoping for a cameo from Daredevil (probably hoping in vain).

Ok, I just watched it with sound, and wow!!! I'm with you though, Maill. Those three little words...

Edited by Bort

Well the Law in this case I think has to do with publically registering super heroes. It's fairly obvious Tony'd be all for that (end of Iron Man 1, after all), and while you'd think Cap might also normally be on board, with Bucky...?

I'm hoping we get a big Agents of Shield tie-in, Winter Soldier style.

Yeah, I'd like to see them tie it into Agents of Shield too, but I doubt it. We might get a mention of the Sokovia Accords or something along those lines, but with Agents of Shield concentrating on the Inhumans, and the movies not even mentioning them, I don't think we will.

I think they've developed it very well to lead Cap away from being a military 'Yes' man, and how Stark went from being the ultimate rebel to actually toeing the line.

I don't think Thor is in this one, although I am hoping for a cameo from Daredevil (probably hoping in vain).

Ok, I just watched it with sound, and wow!!! I'm with you though, Maill. Those three little words...

Yeah, with what happened in Winter Soldier, I don't think the Captain would be very much into working with government institutions or giving them control over super heroes.

ZOMG!!!111!

Sooooooooo excited for movie. I have to say, with all of the characters that they're bringing in (seriously, there are going to be more superheroes in this one than in Age of Ultron), I was tending to agree with people calling it Avengers 2.5, but the tone of the trailer is not Avengers-ish at all. Sure, it's just the first one, but I think that Civil War is going to accomplish something major that the MCU really needs. Now that they've developed all of these characters over the course of about a dozen films, they need a movie that focuses on a couple of them enough to give us a nice, cohesive story, while featuring effective appearances from their increasingly large supporting cast, just like they so often do in the comics.

I believe that the most successful cameo yet--insofar as it seemed like something straight out of the comics--was Falcon in Ant-Man. It showcased the character while still serving the plot. It reminded us of the greater MCU and set up future plotlines without seeming contrived. They really need to find a way to bring that same feel to a movie with more characters in it, to let each shine, fulfill their role in the plot, and move the whole MCU narrative forward, without becoming a distraction and muddling up the plot. I liked AoU well enough, but it definitely didn't accomplish that.

I think Civil War will, and it's going to be so cool. So. Cool.

There are way too many heroes in it to have an actual Avengers movie. I get the feeling that this movie will phase out some characters (either death or permanent retirement) and introduce new ones. For example, Bkack Panther and Spidey are both going to be in it, before their respective solo movies. At some point, someone we love is going to die. Hopefully not Tony Stark.

Yeah, I'd like to see them tie it into Agents of Shield too, but I doubt it. We might get a mention of the Sokovia Accords or something along those lines, but with Agents of Shield concentrating on the Inhumans, and the movies not even mentioning them, I don't think we will.

Have a look at that big pile of pages that Colonel Ross gives to Cap :P

I have to bring it up. Team Iron Man or Team Cap?

Team Cap!

Does anyone know who the guy in the black helmet is? It might be a stupid question, but I can't figure it out.

Kobold King has it. He has a movie coming in 2018.